WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Machka- I was thinking of something like your hobbies graphic arrangement.

I decided today to not write this morning, because I had a long list of things I wanted and needed to do, which was uppermost in my brain and bothering me. :D So, out I went to return an Amazon parcel at the post office, go to two different pharmacies, buy frozen dim sum from the Asian shop, visit the posh bakery for focaccia, the mini supermarket for milk and prawns, (and I bought salmon fillets) and then drag my trolley bag home. Knackering! But it's done.
    We are thinking of the things we need for the cruise, and gathering toiletries and medicines together. I've bought anti-midge spray! DH is going on a couple of hikes, so he might need it. Plus we sre well loaded up with seasickness tablets now. :p
    I wouldn't have written if I had been going up to London, so I feel OK about it. This afternoon, I'm going to varnish my geranium coaster and perhaps try another dancer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

have you tried the seasickness bands?
    They seem to really help me, as long as I put them on early enough. Our first cruise I waited until we were already heading out from the port which was a big mistake- was in bed for most of the first night on the ship. Now I put them on half hour before we pull out.
    Amazon has them and they are cheap- come in a pack of different colors.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    2023 Mindful May

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate a good cup of morning coffee.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 1/15 100%,100%,80%,73%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 20/31 (84%,86%,94%,93%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 0/31 (93%)
    Arm weights twice a week 0/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%)
    Meditation: daily. 21/31 (82%(started Feb)94%,100%)

Feeling overwhelmed this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attach this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 10818, 8171, 8856,8315, 5541 (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%—-9,559,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 3/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 67/208/ —(100%,100%,100%,50%should be 86 by June1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)40/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4 (100%,100%,100%,0%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 20/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——5/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 )(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200 (100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Do something kind for someone you really care about. I need to think about this and plot! I gave my son a gift card to Netflix. He needed something to make him smile.
    2. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can’t. I will try. Did this.
    3. Take a step toward an important goal no matter how small. I have to think about this. I did not buy beer today. Working on not enabling my DH.
    4. Send a friend a photo of a time you enjoyed together. DONE!
    5. Let someone know how much they mean to you and why. It’s my brother’s 59’th birthday today. Going to call him. We never really call each other.
    6. Look for people doing good and reasons to be cheerful. Will do! And found them all over all day!
    7. Make a list of what matters most to you and why. Did this in my journal.
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today. Do this every day
    9. What values are important to you? Find ways to use them today. Will try.
    10. Be grateful for the little things, even in difficult times. It is hard right now but trying.
    11. Look around for things that give you a sense of awe and wonder. There is plenty here at the park. Wondering how a cave could turn into a lake.
    12. Listen to a favorite pieces of music and remember what it means to you. I will try to remember to do this. Did not have time.
    13. Find out about the values or traditions of another country. Sounds like fun! I looked up Canada and specialty Quebec where my family originated.
    14. Get outside and notice the beauty in nature. I love doing this!
    15. Do something to contribute to your local community. Helped a homeless man today.
    16. Show your gratitude to people who are helping to make things better. Will watch for this. Did this to school group’s surprise visit to the park.
    17. Find a way to make what you do today meaningful. I try every day by helping people find campsites in emergencies.
    18. Send a hand written note to someone you care about. To be completed. Did not finish.
    19. Reflect on what makes you feel valued and purposeful. Did a grateful meditation on the Balance app this morning which helped me do this.
    20. Share 3 photos of things you find meaningful or memorable.
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. For sure! I walked the dog at 3AM and looked up at the vast night sky. I was able to see the Milky Way and billions of stars. Awesome view.
    22. Find a way to help a project or charity you care about. To be reviewed
    23. Recall 3 things that you’ve done that you are proud of.
    24. Make choices that have a positive impact on others today.
    25. Ask someone else what matters most to them and why. Will try to remember. I asked my daughter this.
    26. Remember an event in your life that was really meaningful. I have, a bad one, but a good one right behind it!
    27. Focus on how your actions make a difference to others. This happened yesterday when a camper experienced a medical emergency. I was there to help and comfort the wife and assist with the husband.
    28. Do something special and revisit in your mind tonight. Called my mom and considered the conversation.
    29. Today do something to care for the natural world. I watered my plants. Does that count?
    30. Share a quote you find inspiring to give others a boost. See picture.
    31. Find three reasons to be hopeful about the future. 1. Live to be 100 and get a letter from the president. 2. See my grandchildren get married. 3. Meet my first great-grandchild if and when.
    RVRita in NM
  • kevrit
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dcresider wrote: »
    Hi all. Would love to join this group. Will there be a "WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023at some point?

Absolutely!

Before the end of the day today. Keep an eye out!

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Tracey - Well done for looking for a therapist. <3 Will you be able to get one through the health service? The waiting list here is huge.
    Do you journal? That can be a huge help. My friend L found writing letters to her dead partner very helpful. You can also doodle how you feel. I remember, from what you have shared on here, that you had a hugely difficult childhood/adolescence. Try writing to your grandmother and telling her all about it. Get out your Cricut and express yourself. Make a mental map with it, like Machka 's mindmaps. It's always better out than in. Just write one word today. Just one.
    A crisis like you are going through can be the gateway to a whole new understanding. It will come. Don't rush it. Rest. Rest. Rest. Your body knows best.
    Very, very, best wishes. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx (who is very happy not to be going up to London) :p

My mind maps?

I like doing mind maps. They can be fun.
    54j257qxe606.jpeg

RVRita
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Remember when I was trying to identify plants with an app? There were other people on here asking how to do that as well. My daughter showed me how to do it using Google.
    6p3y3a3ifkft.jpeg
    If you notice in the picture, where is has the Google search bar in the right corner there is a square. If you tap on that, then there’s next screen comes up.
    tyxz0l6skd1x.png
    You aim camera at item then take a photo and it will search and give you results.

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • kevrit
    Options
    Good to know about the Google Lens!

Well, here is my June Happiness Calendar. Use if you like. I will post again tomorrow on new thread.

June 2023 Happiness

u7ahcpeoyoob.png

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings.
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently.
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it.
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone.
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful.
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement.
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to.
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for.
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it.
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948CWB
    Options
    Mary ~ I looked on my phone and it seems like you have to download the Google Lens ap. Sounds like a good thing to use.

Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Mary ~ I looked on my phone and it seems like you have to download the Google Lens ap. Sounds like a good thing to use.

Carol in GA

The downside of using an Amazon fire tablet is that I can't download any Google related thing😒🤔🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rita for next months calendar. I took a screenshot of it, and will complete it with my sister.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,201 Member
    Options
    Debbie - we haven't tried the bands. I don't get sick, although I do take a pill if the swell gets heavy. DH is the sick one and it's usually only half a day. The pills keep it under control. If he sits in the centre of the ship, it's better. His main problem is dizziness.

Mary - Furniture fetches almost nothing these days. Even real antiques. I have given away a lot of ours. Big dressers, glass cabinets. It's the same with most china dinner services. We watch endless auction programmes on TV. It's heartbreaking sometimes. Beautiful Georgian cupboards going for £10. Something has to be museum quality to make money.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    Options
    Ladies ~ The flowers are beautiful! :)

Carol in GA
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    I keep checking in to see if there is an update on Carmine. I hope Tracy was able to get her some help today.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Carol I didn’t download any app this is just the Google search engine that is on my iPhone 14. Maybe different phones have different versions of Google.

Heather you’re right about furniture not selling it doesn’t do well here either. Even antique stores are not doing well. I just feel deceived by the people we worked with. They made all of the upfront money and we got very little. They put items together in big bundles so you had to buy things that you didn’t want.

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Debbie - we haven't tried the bands. I don't get sick, although I do take a pill if the swell gets heavy. DH is the sick one and it's usually only half a day. The pills keep it under control. If he sits in the centre of the ship, it's better. His main problem is dizziness.

Mary - Furniture fetches almost nothing these days. Even real antiques. I have given away a lot of ours. Big dressers, glass cabinets. It's the same with most china dinner services. We watch endless auction programmes on TV. It's heartbreaking sometimes. Beautiful Georgian cupboards going for £10. Something has to be museum quality to make money.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

https://www.amazon.com/Sickness-Wristband-Anti-Nausea-Acupressure-Dizziness/dp/B09V4GN4SY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2ID6UTMNR3ORD&amp;keywords=seasick+bands+for+cruise&amp;qid=1685565747&amp;sprefix=seasick+bands,aps,682&amp;sr=8-2-spons&amp;psc=1&amp;spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOVVaMEFZQUhZRTVHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjMwOTI2VkNJM09YNjBTU0xEJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3Mjc1NTUyNUI3MlU4TlhZNjRWJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

this is the type I have and they really seem to help.