Beets 🍠
    Beet greens πŸ₯¬
    Spinach 🌱
    Haskap berries 🫐
    Banana 🍌
    Peanut butter πŸ₯œ
    Skyr πŸ₯›
    Cashew milk πŸ₯›

I officially love beet smoothies, I added double the amount today. I’m surprised to see that it can blend smooth enough raw. You definitely still feel some texture though.hgblcj51q6ls.jpeg
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 330 Member

Hi MK,

Maybe do grow where you are, maybe they have a different name. We call them camerise in french. They taste like of mix of berries; Iike blueberries and raspberries in one fruit. They can be tart though, but I actually love tartness. In the summer, right around blueberry picking time, you can go haskap berry picking the same way you would strawberry or blueberries.

I’m from Montreal, in the province of Quebec. Maine and QuΓ©bec share a pretty long border. I often see Maine licence plates here because it’s such a short drive. I see a lot of Vermont plates as well, actually all the new England plates really πŸ˜‚

I’ve never actually been to Maine. Which area do you live? Most importantly how’s the clam chowder there πŸ˜‹

Ps. I didn’t find MaryK K on fitbit, but I did find a MaryK. My name there is Tatiana P.

Pps. Yes, your regular blender should work fine, but you may need to blend longer (2 to 3 minutes) for smooth results. I blend 90 seconds to two minutes in my ninja.

Good morning, Tatiana! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

Hmmm, interesting, in the berries! I'll have to look into it, come summer 🌞.

I got a message that there is no Tatiana P username on Fitbit 😬. I did send a friend request to tatielove1988 yesterday, tho. That name didn't return an error message.

I'm in Portland ☺️. The clam chowder offerings are top notch, just about anywhere up and down the coast 😁. My husband and I spent a weekend in Montreal about a decade ago. Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, coincidentally. Loved! the city - and the food!! I remember a Polish restaurant, a Jewish deli, and poutine!, in particular. We also went to an amazing museum with history of the First Nations, exploration of the Hudson by European settlers, and that sort of thing.

The jewish deli you mentioned, is it a smoked meat joint? Montreal is kind of known for the smoked meat, and the bagels. Obviously it would be a sacrilege to visit Quebec and not have a poutine. πŸ˜‚

Could it be that the museum you visited was called pointe-à-callière, in the old port? I sounds like it. I visited it last year.

You have to visit Montreal in the spring. Our botanical garden is pretty impressive starting late may/early june.

I got your request on here. I added you.

Hope you’re getting some smoothie inspiration πŸ’•
  • tatilove1988
    Todays smoothie:

Kale
    Sweet pea greens
    Beet
    Collagen peptides
    Black currants
    Strawberry
    Spirulina

@tatilove1988 - I grow rosemary and basil! The other big plants πŸͺ΄ are various bushes and foliage I have inside and out. :) I have a pothos and fern addiction. Lol

axtsh35clnk3.jpeg
    ix7coulm90et.jpeg

Lovely photo! Basil is on my top 3 favourite herbs. I’m growing my own too this year, but mine are still seedlings at this point. I’m also planning on growing some of my greens for my smoothies.

I don’t have a plant addiction, more like an obsession πŸ˜‚ I want to house plants, but I’m not always successful. This time I’m having a bit more success (might help that I’m on mat leave and have the time 🀣)

Btw, how long did it take for your basil so get the big from seed?
    Picture below is my basil seedlings. πŸ‘‡πŸΎ

vi3ayeiuwfap.jpeg
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited May 2023

Hi MK,

Maybe do grow where you are, maybe they have a different name. We call them camerise in french. They taste like of mix of berries; Iike blueberries and raspberries in one fruit. They can be tart though, but I actually love tartness. In the summer, right around blueberry picking time, you can go haskap berry picking the same way you would strawberry or blueberries.

I’m from Montreal, in the province of Quebec. Maine and QuΓ©bec share a pretty long border. I often see Maine licence plates here because it’s such a short drive. I see a lot of Vermont plates as well, actually all the new England plates really πŸ˜‚

I’ve never actually been to Maine. Which area do you live? Most importantly how’s the clam chowder there πŸ˜‹

Ps. I didn’t find MaryK K on fitbit, but I did find a MaryK. My name there is Tatiana P.

Pps. Yes, your regular blender should work fine, but you may need to blend longer (2 to 3 minutes) for smooth results. I blend 90 seconds to two minutes in my ninja.

Good morning, Tatiana! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

Hmmm, interesting, in the berries! I'll have to look into it, come summer 🌞.

I got a message that there is no Tatiana P username on Fitbit 😬. I did send a friend request to tatielove1988 yesterday, tho. That name didn't return an error message.

I'm in Portland ☺️. The clam chowder offerings are top notch, just about anywhere up and down the coast 😁. My husband and I spent a weekend in Montreal about a decade ago. Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, coincidentally. Loved! the city - and the food!! I remember a Polish restaurant, a Jewish deli, and poutine!, in particular. We also went to an amazing museum with history of the First Nations, exploration of the Hudson by European settlers, and that sort of thing.

The jewish deli you mentioned, is it a smoked meat joint? Montreal is kind of known for the smoked meat, and the bagels. Obviously it would be a sacrilege to visit Quebec and not have a poutine. πŸ˜‚

Could it be that the museum you visited was called pointe-à-callière, in the old port? I sounds like it. I visited it last year.

You have to visit Montreal in the spring. Our botanical garden is pretty impressive starting late may/early june.

I got your request on here. I added you.

Hope you’re getting some smoothie inspiration πŸ’•

Yes, it was a smoked meats joint! Wow it was SO gooooood! Line out the door and down the street, too 🀣. I'm honestly not sure anymore what the name of the museum was - that could be right! Despite me not recalling the name (I'm terrible with names, lol), the visit stands out in my memory. ☺️

Yes! I'm getting lots of ideas!
    I'm glad you received friend request πŸ˜€.

Altho ... I'm not sure where to find my friends list here at MFP, nor how to interact with it 🀣. Still learning ... on Fitbit, that is all available by clicking on my profile pic.

• tatilove1988
    cckv3sj0v62m.jpeg

Todays smoothie:

Kale πŸ₯¬
    Broccoli πŸ₯¦
    Raspberry πŸ“
    Banana 🍌
    Skyr πŸ₯›
    Almond butter 🌰
    Peanut butter πŸ₯œ
    Flaxseeds
    Almond milk πŸ₯›
  • mkksemail
    cckv3sj0v62m.jpeg

Todays smoothie:

Kale πŸ₯¬
    Broccoli πŸ₯¦
    Raspberry πŸ“
    Banana 🍌
    Skyr πŸ₯›
    Almond butter 🌰
    Peanut butter πŸ₯œ
    Flaxseeds
    Almond milk πŸ₯›

How much flaxseeds do you put in, Tati? Do the seeds add any flavor? I ordered some with my last monthly subscription from Amazon (they arrived yesterday), but I haven't tried any yet πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    - MK :)
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited May 2023
    Hi All,

Todays smoothie:

Spinach πŸ₯¬
    Sweet pea greens
    Australian Kakadu plum - great vitamin C!
    Blueberry 🫐
    Collagen
    Matcha
    Chanterais melon
    Water

6eutvkg7pdrm.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited May 2023
    @mkksemail - do you use the app or desktop version? On app - go to the main menu and click on friends - then go to the little plus sign on upper right hand side and enter the username of the person you want to friend.

-on desktop - click on your name, then click on friends, then add friend.

-to add a photo - click on your current icon and add photo. ;)

@tatilove1988 - thanks for the herb love! It took about 3 months to get this big, but I bought them as lil younglings, not from seeds.. I forgot to mention, I added a sprig of rosemary to my shake today.. pretty good! I'm going to try basil - blackberry this week!
  • mkksemail
    Hi All,

Todays smoothie:

Spinach πŸ₯¬
    Sweet pea greens
    Australian Kakadu plum - great vitamin C!
    Blueberry 🫐
    Collagen
    Matcha
    Chanterais melon
    Water

6eutvkg7pdrm.jpeg

Wonderful!!
    You and @Tatielove1988 are introducing me to produce I've never heard of! Australian Kakadu plum and
    Chanterais melon are both new to me πŸ˜€. And for the sweet pea greens, what are those? Do you grow your own sweet peas, and use the greens from the plants? Or is that something you buy!
  • mkksemail
    Btw, you guys are inspiring me πŸ‘πŸ˜€. I bought a bunch of different greens at the market yesterday, plus other produce. I'm not ready for smoothies yet, tho lol. I'll start with salads, bc I know how to do that 🀣
  • mkksemail
    @mkksemail - do you use the app or desktop version? On app - go to the main menu and click on friends - then go to the little plus sign on upper right hand side and enter the username of the person you want to friend.

Thank you!! 🩷

I'm on the app (Android/Pixel). I haven't yet tried to access MFP on my ipad, laptop, or desktop πŸ˜€
  • tatilove1988
    cckv3sj0v62m.jpeg

Todays smoothie:

Kale πŸ₯¬
    Broccoli πŸ₯¦
    Raspberry πŸ“
    Banana 🍌
    Skyr πŸ₯›
    Almond butter 🌰
    Peanut butter πŸ₯œ
    Flaxseeds
    Almond milk πŸ₯›

How much flaxseeds do you put in, Tati? Do the seeds add any flavor? I ordered some with my last monthly subscription from Amazon (they arrived yesterday), but I haven't tried any yet πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    - MK :)

Hi MK,

I find that the flaxseed have a mildly nutty flavour. I personally like it, but I find that it doesn’t grind super fine in a smoothie, but I don’t mind that.

Today I added about two tablespoons.

Surely you already know of the great healthy benefits.

• tatilove1988

@tatilove1988 - thanks for the herb love! It took about 3 months to get this big, but I bought them as lil younglings, not from seeds.. I forgot to mention, I added a sprig of rosemary to my shake today.. pretty good! I'm going to try basil - blackberry this week!

What a great idea to add herbs to the smoothies; they have so much goodness. I’d like to try cilantro and and parsley as they’re supposed to be great detoxifiers.

I like drinking golden milk (milk with tumeric), I’ll try adding that sometimes to my smoothies.

Can’t wait to see your new concoctions.

• tatilove1988
    xh3fy0p760qt.jpeg
    8j8hmb0m77js.jpeg

Today’s smoothie:

Beet greens πŸ₯¬
    Avocado πŸ₯‘
    Papaya 🍈
    Haskap berrie 🫐
    Tart cherries πŸ’
    Banana 🍌
    Almond butter 🌰
    Peanut butter πŸ₯œ
    Almond milk πŸ₯›

I ran out of greens 😭 so used only some of the beet greens I had left.
  • mkksemail
    xh3fy0p760qt.jpeg
    8j8hmb0m77js.jpeg

Today’s smoothie:

Beet greens πŸ₯¬
    Avocado πŸ₯‘
    Papaya 🍈
    Haskap berrie 🫐
    Tart cherries πŸ’
    Banana 🍌
    Almond butter 🌰
    Peanut butter πŸ₯œ
    Almond milk πŸ₯›

I ran out of greens 😭 so used only some of the beet greens I had left.

Lol! While I was reading and looking, i was going to ask you about your beets! I wanted to know if you only put the greens in, or if you put the beets, too?

Do you eat the beets separately? Or do you just buy beet greens?

Do you use dried tart cherries, or fresh? πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    - mk :)
  • SafariGalNYC
    Hi!

Todays smoothie:

Spinach πŸ₯¬
    Blueberries 🫐
    Spirulina
    Collagen peptides
    Açaí
    French melon 🍈
    Water πŸ’¦

I put it in a wine glass to pretend it’s wine lol

Stocked up on produce yesterday for next smoothies! Berries, 🍐 pears, greens, beets, chards, and the prettiest purple kale!

Cheers πŸ₯‚ to your health!

yp70ryco8xfd.jpeg

• tatilove1988
    Omg it’s been such a busy day for me. Sorry for posting the late ladies

Here’s my smoothie:

Beets, beet greens, avocado, banana, haskap berries, yogurt, milk

e1nf9dj41byo.jpeg
    3mca7qeht7km.jpeg

I had ran out of greens since yesterday, but I got some new greens this evening, so I’ll get back to adding kale, spinach and chard to my smoothies tomorrow.

@SafariGalNYC your smoothie looks good 😍 Today while I was buying my veggies for the week, I saw the purple kale, but for some reason it was double the price of the green kale.
    I like drinking mine in a big wine glass too sometimes. Makes me feel all fancy πŸ‘’πŸŽ©

@mkksemail
    Sorry it took me so long to get to you, been a bit busy. I do not juice my beets, use throw them in the blender raw. I cut them up into small pieces first.
    I usually buy the beets with the greens still attached. They are very nutritious, maybe even more than the beets themselves.
    Are you atil doing your salads or ready to take the plunge and start making smoothies?
  • mkksemail
    Omg it’s been such a busy day for me. Sorry for posting the late ladies

Here’s my smoothie:

Beets, beet greens, avocado, banana, haskap berries, yogurt, milk

e1nf9dj41byo.jpeg
    3mca7qeht7km.jpeg

I had ran out of greens since yesterday, but I got some new greens this evening, so I’ll get back to adding kale, spinach and chard to my smoothies tomorrow.

@SafariGalNYC your smoothie looks good 😍 Today while I was buying my veggies for the week, I saw the purple kale, but for some reason it was double the price of the green kale.
    I like drinking mine in a big wine glass too sometimes. Makes me feel all fancy πŸ‘’πŸŽ©

@mkksemail
    Sorry it took me so long to get to you, been a bit busy. I do not juice my beets, use throw them in the blender raw. I cut them up into small pieces first.
    I usually buy the beets with the greens still attached. They are very nutritious, maybe even more than the beets themselves.
    Are you atil doing your salads or ready to take the plunge and start making smoothies?

I've yet to actually HAVE my first salad! 🀐. Tmo for sure !!!

No, not doing smoothies yet. I'm going to try to do salads this month, then perhaps branch out into smoothies 😁.

I hope it's ok I continue to hang with you guys and get inspiration πŸ‘
  • mkksemail
    edited May 2023
    @tatilove1988 , I tried to find you again on Fitbit today - I think I was successful this time. I sent a friend request to a Tatiana P. Hopefully it was you! 😁
  • mkksemail
    32207479_1701098889981591_8659801056932265984_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_fr_q65&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=BrKZ8LN9jOAAX93ZW2z&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&oh=00_AfAVL5J9eJeC371ecfKKyN1unNF1xL_qJizEi1AAHCRuyg&oe=647F5DAF

william-shakespeare-433329.jpg

A little bit of inspiration, from another challenge 😊

Today's the day! I *will* make and eat a salad today πŸ₯—πŸ˜