Peanut butter 🥜
    Oats 🌾
    Almond milk 🥛

gdi403igyh4i.jpeg
    29e1x554mivf.jpeg
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    Yum! Those smoothies look great @tatilove1988

Re: Jerusalem artichoke - I have whole and powdered in a prebiotic powder. I don’t really taste it. If you haven’t had them.. they are a tuber. I’ve been trying to get more prebiotics in - in the morning for gut health. Sometimes I do chicory coffee ..

Todays smoothie was mostly greens… 🥬

Spinach
    Spirulina
    Blueberries
    Jerusalem artichoke
    Collagen
    Water

uqlm3pzunefr.jpeg
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited May 2023
    Beautiful smoothies, ladies!

I prepped WAY too many greens 🤪. I stuffed two sacks of them in the freezer - thinking maybe I could try using them to try some smoothies, when we get back in town (heading out of town for a few weeks, this weekend).Hubby is aghast - he says you can't freeze lettuce! I'm pretty sure he's right, but there's also no way we're gonna use up all four sacks of greens before they eilt and/or go brown 🤣.

I guess I'll seeeeeeeee (heh).

Anyway! Today's salad 🤩. I borrowed hubby's favorite small serving bowl - he's right, the salad fit better in there 😉. Today's salad includes one of the hard-boiled eggs, this time 🥚

Hm. Have to pop out of app and over to full site, to add image. (I'll edit it back in.)

7qgvxybuxaqv.jpg
    Greens:
    Red and green cabbage, Romaine and Green Leaf lettuce, Kale, Cilantro, Carrot shavings, Cherry tomatoes

Wet add-ins:
    Hard boiled egg, Cottage cheese, Ricotta cheese, Avocado

Dry add-ins:
    Craisins, Dried blueberries, Black currants, Chopped cashews, Raw pumpkin seeds, Sesame sticks, Flax seeds, Edamame, Dried pineapple, dates, and Apricots

Cheers!
    - mk 🙂 @mkksemail (Maine)

Thank you again for letting me hang out in your smoothie bar, when I'm not making smoothies (yet). You guys are giving me great ideas/inspiration 🥰)

• tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 330 Member
    Today’s smoothie:

Kale 🥬
    Spinach 🌱
    Avocado 🥑
    Haskap berries 🫐
    Skyr 🥛
    Flax seeds 🌾
    Banana 🍌
    Blueberries 🫐
    Almond butter 🌰
    Peanut butter 🥜
    Cashew milk 🥛

wfr3gmbksy6q.jpeg
    2wjj6y8v7ihb.jpeg

Today my son’s speech therapy was moved so I opted to have my smoothie as lunch instead of breakfast.

@mkksemail your salad looks great! I’ve never had cottage cheese on a salad before. How was it? Btw, I’m with your hubby on the whole freezing lettuce part, I don’t think it freezes well, but at least you’ll be able to add them to Smoothies.

@SafariGalNYC You had me at tuber. I love all types of root vegetables roasted or in soups. My mom has a special soup she makes that has yams, potatoes, yucca, I’d be tempted to add those Jerusalem artichokes. I’m sure it would be tasty 🤤
  • mkksemail
    edited May 2023
    Today my son’s speech therapy was moved so I opted to have my smoothie as lunch instead of breakfast.

@mkksemail your salad looks great! I’ve never had cottage cheese on a salad before. How was it? Btw, I’m with your hubby on the whole freezing lettuce part, I don’t think it freezes well, but at least you’ll be able to add them to Smoothies.
    🤤

Delicious sounding smoothie, as always!!

My today salad will be the same - with the hard-boiled eggs, but not avocado. No point in posting a new pic, I suppose 🙃

Lol, I'm never afraid to try ridiculous sounding things with food - whether it be tossing random ingredients into a skillet, or testing out what I can freeze, and what I can't 🤣
    We'll seeeeeee ... the greens may not even be suitable for smoothies 😆. They were def going to go bad if I didn't try tho, so no loss if it doesn't work.

Cottage cheese, and ricotta cheese, totally work, in the salad! I put pepper on them, before mixing into the rest. Adds moisture, so it don't have to add fat cals from dressing 👍

GL with speech therapy ☺️
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    Full disclosure- I didn’t get to a smoothie today! 😭
    Living vicariously through yours! Back to the grind tomorrow morning!

• mkksemail
    edited May 2023
    Salad, Day 5 of 6! 🥗

Today's salad has a hard-boiled egg 🥚, like yesterday's, but it also has avocado 🥑 today:

(Gotta come back on chrome site, to add img .. )

pjfad37kia45.jpg

Tmo is the last day of pre-prepped salads 🥗. Also, hubby and I are heading out of town for a couple/few(?), weeks. I'll try to check in still 😎

Cheers!
    - mk:) (Maine)
  • tatilove1988
    Almost forgot to post my smoothie today

Broccoli 🥦
    Spinach 🥬
    Avocado 🥑
    Haskap berries 🫐
    Strawberries 🍓
    Flax seed 🌾
    Almond butter 🌰
    Peanut butter 🥜
    Banana 🍌
    Cashew milk 🥛
    Skyr 🥛

7gbo6qb6iow7.jpeg
    r2got960o0pm.jpeg

My weekends are pretty busy, but wanted to take some time out to share this morning’s smoothie.

@mkksemail Your salad look great as usual 🥗
    Where are you headed for vacation? Lord! I need a vaca myself lol
    Have a safe trip 💕
  • tatilove1988
    Happy monday ladies!

After the weekend I’ve had, my body was screaming out for my smoothie. On mother’s day, let’s say I was treated to pretty much everything that went in my mouth. We’re talking croissants, chocolatines, fried calamari, cheese covered food, rice. But I’m proud to say I ate two salads.

This morning I woke up 4lbs heavier. I know it’s just water retention, but still 😂

Anyway, started my day of right with a healthy green smoothie (though my smoothies are rarely green because of the use of haskap berries).

How was everyone’s weekend?

Today’s smoothie:

Broccoli 🥦
    Swiss chard🥬
    Avocado 🥑
    Haskap berries🫐
    Blackberries
    Flax seeds 🌾
    Banana🍌
    Skyr🥛
    Peanut butter🥜
    Almond butter🌰
    Cashew milk🥛

1o8y0015kxar.jpeg
  • tatilove1988
    My smoothie change colors. I went to get a second serving of smoothie and it went from purple to like a greyish green 😅

fkccq1z9fvl3.jpeg
  • mkksemail
    edited May 2023

Have a safe trip 💕

TY 💜. I'm in NY. Not a vacation, not really, but still seeing family and childhood friends, so very nice 🥰. My Mom passed away last Nov 1, this is my fourth extended trip down to help my sis clean out Mom's house 💔. Shouldn't really use a heartbreak heart, I think ... although it's sad that she is not here, at the same time, it's been really nice, going through all the memories with my sisters. Well, mostly it's just been one of my two sisters, my oldest sister travels all the time, so she can't really help clean out the house.

We traveled down with our three kitties 😻😻😻. Hubby and I are staying at Mom's.
    My smoothie change colors. I went to get a second serving of smoothie and it went from purple to like a greyish green 😅

fkccq1z9fvl3.jpeg

Lol!!! Does it taste the same?

Today's salad!

8iycsk40an08.jpg

(The pretty flowers were a sweet gift from my sis's family 💖)

We brought all the containers and bags of dry add-ons down with us, along with sack of remaining salad greens (which surprisingly are still going strong!), and bought new wet add-ins at the market here 👏.

We made 14 pairs of new containers of add-ins (14 dry, 14 wet):

wx2p8m4ft2cx.jpg

All set for the next seven days 🥳. Well, we'll have to buy new greens after tmo 🛒.

Cheers!
    - mk:) / (NY 😉)

Have to come back on chrome site to add imgs ....

Edit: @ptitejeanne - look! My salad greens are still holding up! One week+ , and a 5-state away road trip, later!! 😱
  • mkksemail
    Hey, look at that that! That's what I do - mix protein powder with milk powder 👏

mc7clp3xpvie.png

"If you really want to maximize your protein intake without eating four steaks a day, I’d recommend mixing protein powder with milk for the best results, including weight loss. Because milk contains protein, it’s a great base for a protein powder drink.

By optimizing your protein intake with two different sources (a powder and milk) combined, you’ll feel fuller for longer, which can help you lose weight, among other benefits."

https://priorityphysicianspc.com/what-mix-protein-powder-with-weight-loss/
  • mkksemail
    edited May 2023
    Today's salad 🥗!
    This is the last of the sack of greens we brought with us to NY, from Maine, so is a little light in the greens. Probably 2 cups, instead of the 3+ cups I had been using. We'll have to get new salad greens 🥬 and carrots 🥕 for shaving, for tmo 🛒.

Oh!! When getting ready to post photo, I realized I forgot to add cherry tomatoes! 🍅. I added them, mid-munch on the bowl of salad 😁.

z1pyzrl9grxe.jpg

Cheers!
    - mk (NY)
  • tatilove1988
    Today’s smoothie
    Beets, kale, papaya, avocado, tart cherries, skyr, banana, cashew milk, almond butter, peanut butter

I’ll add photos after. My son is pretty sick so I’m short on time, but still trying to keep up with healthy eating and morning smoothies
  • tatilove1988
    In honour of MK, I share with you today’s lunch. A salad lol

A mix of greens, including radicchio, kale, spinach, frisée salad. Topped with lightly boiled beets, eggs, balsamic vinaigrette and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
    i58r3y2h6hzk.jpeg

And this was my usual breakfast, a kale beet smoothie

3uxqjwygsxhz.jpeg
  • tatilove1988
    mkksemail wrote: »

Have a safe trip 💕

TY 💜. I'm in NY. Not a vacation, not really, but still seeing family and childhood friends, so very nice 🥰. My Mom passed away last Nov 1, this is my fourth extended trip down to help my sis clean out Mom's house 💔. Shouldn't really use a heartbreak heart, I think ... although it's sad that she is not here, at the same time, it's been really nice, going through all the memories with my sisters. Well, mostly it's just been one of my two sisters, my oldest sister travels all the time, so she can't really help clean out the house.

We traveled down with our three kitties 😻😻😻. Hubby and I are staying at Mom's.

fkccq1z9fvl3.jpeg

Lol!!! Does it taste the same?

Today's salad!

8iycsk40an08.jpg

(The pretty flowers were a sweet gift from my sis's family 💖)

We brought all the containers and bags of dry add-ons down with us, along with sack of remaining salad greens (which surprisingly are still going strong!), and bought new wet add-ins at the market here 👏.

We made 14 pairs of new containers of add-ins (14 dry, 14 wet):

wx2p8m4ft2cx.jpg

All set for the next seven days 🥳. Well, we'll have to buy new greens after tmo 🛒.

Cheers!
    - mk:) / (NY 😉)

Have to come back on chrome site to add imgs ....

Edit: @ptitejeanne - look! My salad greens are still holding up! One week+ , and a 5-state away road trip, later!! 😱

@mkksemail I’m sorry to hear about your mother’s passing. I’m sure going through your mother’s house with your sister is therapeutic and takes you down memory lane. I hope you find comfort and feel close to your mom while going through her house.

Thanks for sharing your salads with us. I gotta say, I admire you dedication. Keep making those salads. Do you typically eat them for lunch or dinner?

And yes, my smoothie did still taste the same. Just some kind of weird chemical reaction happened and took away my purple lol
  • mkksemail
    edited May 2023
    In honour of MK, I share with you today’s lunch. A salad lol

A mix of greens, including radicchio, kale, spinach, frisée salad. Topped with lightly boiled beets, eggs, balsamic vinaigrette and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
    i58r3y2h6hzk.jpeg

And this was my usual breakfast, a kale beet smoothie

3uxqjwygsxhz.jpeg

Yayyy! Lol ... Love it!! Your salad looks beautiful 😁👏
    (Ty again for letting me hang out in your smoothie bar without making smoothies 💕)

@mkksemail I’m sorry to hear about your mother’s passing. I’m sure going through your mother’s house with your sister is therapeutic and takes you down memory lane. I hope you find comfort and feel close to your mom while going through her house.

Thanks for sharing your salads with us. I gotta say, I admire you dedication. Keep making those salads. Do you typically eat them for lunch or dinner?

And yes, my smoothie did still taste the same. Just some kind of weird chemical reaction happened and took away my purple lol

TY 💕

On when eating the salads - I guess about half for lunch, and half for dinner. Maybe slightly more for lunch....

Today's salad will be dinner 😁. We used up the last of the Maine sacks of greens yesterday - I have yet to get to the store today, to buy new greens 🥬🥕🛒.

Cool 👍, on smoothies still tasting the same 😎

Cheers!
    - mk :) (NY)
  • mkksemail
    edited May 2023
    Today’s salad! Dinner 😊

kiealxbx6lv6.jpg

I went to the store for new greens. I made another four sacks of prepped greens - but they’re smaller sacks - hopefully I got the scale better this time 😉.

One 11 oz container of spring mix lettuces and greens - 3.5 two-cup servings = 7 cups
    Two 9 oz bags of spinach - 3 three-cup servings = 9 cups
    One 5 oz bag of a different spring mix of lettuces and greens - 1 full 5z bag serving = 5? cups?
    Two 1 oz bags of matchstick carrots - six 3 oz servings = 6 servings?

= approx eight 2.5 cup servings of greens + approx eight 2.5:oz servings of matchstick carrots …. ?

So I guess we’ll need more greens in about 4-5 days

I bought all prewashed and precut bags this time, so it was more expensive 😝, but much less labor intensive! 😃

Cheers!
    - mk:) (NY)

• mkksemail
    Thursday salad -lunch! 🥗

tdoj3pyl8ooq.jpg

Cheers!
    - mk :) (NY)
  • tatilove1988
    Yummmm! I love avocados

You’ve inspired me. Today I had a salad with my breakfast lol… well maybe it was more brunch. I’ll add a picture later.

Sorry if I’m not present. My kids have been sick all week and I feel like my body is fighting whatever they have too. Feeling quite weak. My oldest is going to urgent care tomorrow because things aren’t looking good. He isn’t getting better with the days going by. He mostly sleeps.

My 7 month old was spared whatever the rest of the family is fighting. She always is. I guess that’s the power of breastmilk.

I feel like I’m not eating enough. Don’t have time to cook as much with taking care of the kiddos, but I try to keep eating healthy (though I had chocolate cake yesterday) lol. But that’s ok, I don’t diet anyway, I just eat as healthy as I can and occasionally have a treat.

Hope you lovely ladies are doing good