I'm joining because my bday is August 3rd and I hope to lose by then!

Options
RachelleNH
RachelleNH Posts: 14 Member
Maybe TMI, and I'm not complaining one bit, but I have just started my journey...the pandemic brought me to drink a lot of beer, and suddenly, I didn't like my figure in the mirror. I was 128 pounds in 2019...and that was up from 105 in 2015...and now I find myself at 138...Yikes...I am working hard to find myself again after suddenly becoming an empty nester-I think that's where all of it went downhill. I work a lot and have no real friends....so no more sitting around and drinking time away... no more excuses, time for me to do this. I want to get to 128 pounds by August, and I know that sounds insane..but I want to feel confident again...and I know that I can maintain it once I keep the habit up long enough, it becomes routine. I've done this before...and wear all those cute clothes that are sitting in my closet.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    10 Lbs in 2.5-3 months isn't insane at all...that's about 1 Lb per week which is a reasonable and realistic rate of loss.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I also have a plan to lose weight for my August birthday.

Let's do this together!

What is your plan to achieve it?

What is your height that you were 105# in 2015?
    I'm only 4'11" and would like to be 105, but I doubt I can get lower than 112 (without sacrificing too much "living").

I joined a few challenges to help me stay on course,
    like this one
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889571/just-give-me-10-days-round-222#latest

Amanda
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Still around?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png