Replies

• 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My husband combined a Korean dumpling dipping sauce with a Thai cucumber salad dressing and came up with this:
    Generic - Fish Sauce, 2 tbsp (15 mL) 20 cal
    La Choy - Soy Sauce, 1 TBSP 10 cal
    Karo - Light Corn Syrup, 1 Tbsp 60 cal
    Pc - Pure Seasame Oil, 2 tsp 80 cal
    Oil - Olive, 1 tsp 40 cal
    Kikkoman - Aji-Mirin Rice Wine, 1 tbsp 35 cal
    Seasoned Rice Vinegar, 1 tbsp 25 cal

SUPER salty - the sodium is through the roof but for about 35 calories per tbsp, it is not bad . Subbing low sodium soy sauce and rice vinegar would be a good idea. He and I are both "salt beasts" though we are working on it. we used it in a beef salad - it was delicious (again, really really really salty - right on the edge of too much).
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    3T good olive oil, 1T red wine vinegar, 1t Dijon mustard, a little salt/pepper. Shake. I got it out of a Martha Stewart cookbook years ago.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, olive oil, fresh squeezed orange juice, sweet & hot mustard, S & P. you can play with the ratios. i prefer a strong vinegar taste, so i use more vinegar than oil. the citrus adds a bright and fresh, slightly sweet element. the sweet & hot mustard (from trader joe's) adds some viscosity and sweetness with a little kick (you can sub reg dijon mustard). S&P is always to taste. i made this last night for my roasted red beet, arugula, feta, orange and walnut salad. DELICIOUS!
  • theconstantgardener
    theconstantgardener Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I accidentally made an entire jar of salad dressing (not done it before, went a bit mad!) and I only use a tbsp for each salad (1 a day) so am unlikely to charge through it very fast. How long do you think it will keep in the fridge? It's just lemon juice and olive oil with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Thanks!
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I accidentally made an entire jar of salad dressing (not done it before, went a bit mad!) and I only use a tbsp for each salad (1 a day) so am unlikely to charge through it very fast. How long do you think it will keep in the fridge? It's just lemon juice and olive oil with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Thanks!

should last a LONG time with the acidity from the vinegar and lemon.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Invest in some high quality vinegar. A really good balsamic (real balsamic is just grape must, not added vinegars, but at the least stay away from the ones with added coloring), vinegar made from white or red wine, or a good flavored vinegar (Acetum Honey Ginger Condiment!) will provide way more flavor and you might not need to mix any oil at all.