MY MOTIVATIONAL PHRASES: EAT FROM THE EARTH, NOT FROM THE STORE

Options
HOW TO STOP HATING YOUR DIET

My own advice I need to follow

If the food in the store is from the earth, of course you're fine. The trouble is PACKAGED food. The royals do not eat any packaged food, so I tell myself that I'm eating like a royal.

Tell yourself it's simple and easy to stop eating bad food even though it feels impossible to resist at times. If you give in, that doesn't mean you give up your belief. Eat natural food that agrees with your body and digests easily; whole wheat digests easily, whereas white flour digests much slower.

Furthermore, sugar makes your blood sticky. I mess up regularly which I'm trying to stop doing. I want to blog like this regularly- at least once a week- until I'm back to a CLEAN diet. I like my sugar binges, but I have to eat from the earth- not from the store.

I hope me trying to follow my own advice helps you too!

I'll share my own advice that I need to follow and hope it will help you too!

P.S. I'm terrible at food logging...

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,156 Member
    Options
    IMU whole wheat flour is slightly slower to digest than white flour (mainly because of the fiber), which is one reason it may result in more even (less spiky) blood sugar.

In general, whole foods are slower to digest, take slightly more energy to digest (i.e., have a slightly higher TEF), and may slow gastric emptying (as compared with highly processed or refined foods). Those probably are the factors that make whole foods more sating for some people.

There are reasonably whole foods that are packaged, in stores. Cooked black beans in a can from the store aren't dramatically different from dried black beans I cook in my kitchen, if in both cases the ingredients are water, beans, salt. Plain frozen vegetables in a package may actually be more nutritious than fresh ones from the produce department, because they're flash frozen soon after picking, rather than spending days getting packed/shipped in trucks and sitting in the produce department.

But sure, eating mostly whole foods can be a healthful thing. FWIW, I found that if I made it a point to eat several servings of fruit daily for a while, my cravings were reduced for less nutrient-dense sweets like candy and baked goods. Not everyone shares that experience, but others here have said the same worked for them, so it might be worth trying. Even plain dried fruit can be fine, though it will be more filling if eaten with water or some other hydrating beverage.

Best wishes for success!
  • verysilentscarlett
    verysilentscarlett Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the clarification! I'm just an amateur here but I do appreciate the advice and it rings a lot of bells with what I've learned over the years. You gave me a great review! I'm annoyed with the price of canned beans so I'm trying to do more of the dry. And then the frozen veggie advice- THANK YOU! I have been wondering more about the frozen vegetables. I do not dislike all packed food- I didn't mean to give that impression- but you really made me more confident to stock up on the frozen ones! I've been eating dried cranberries and making homemade oatmeal cookies to help as well. I will try more fruit because I remember that and wine working in the past. Wine has some great health benefits too! Thank you for your kind words :)