How to get great protein & feel full when your a vegetarian 🌱

Options
jlboundy5635
jlboundy5635 Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for idea's, facts and suggestions on how to get great protein and feel full when your a vegetarian..
Give me some wisdom Thanks 😁

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Do you eat dairy or eggs?

If so, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese and milk are decent sources of protein.

Good plant sources include legumes (beans, lentils, peas) and certain grains (e.g., quinoa), but just about all plants, even fruits, have some protein.

Have you tried logging to see where you stand with your current diet?
  • ccmcdan
    ccmcdan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a lacto ovo vegetarian and I eat protein pudding to help with my protein intake but I use plant based protein for this to ensure I'm getting a good amount of protein in my diet. If your comfortable with dairy look into this or maybe find a vegan substitute for the dairy parts there's a million options for this and it's been a game changer for me
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 215 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Brown rice and cooked legumes in combination are pretty filling. You can make superb Indian style meals with lentils, beans, split peas or chickpeas. They're tasty, cheap, high in plant based protien and you can take the base recipes and load them up with extra veg too.

Look up recipes online for rajma, dal and chana dal and/or chana masala. I tend to pull right back on the oil as the traditional recipes tend to be heavy handed with this.

It's not uncommon for beans and rice combinations to appear in other cuisines though so if you go looking about you'll find plenty more ideas:
    https://www.allrecipes.com/gallery/how-the-world-does-rice-and-beans-recipes/