July Challenge with weights

Options
zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
Are you wanting to be toned? A little more limber? Have 30 minutes, and free weights? Heard of Kelly Coffey-Meyer?1g3w7zf8u4u4.jpeg

Replies

• zumbaforever
    Options
    You will need the above dvd. And hand weights and either a bench or stepper. There are 2 workouts that can be alternated for best results. Straight forward workouts.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Introduce yourself here. Let us know what you want to improve most about yourself. And set a non weight challenge for yourself.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,292 Member
    Options
    I'm in Shelley!! Let's have some fun!!!
    My name is Chris. I turned 73 this past March. I have been on MFP for a loooong time.
    I would love to drop a few pounds. My non-weight challenge is to get walking more after my mornings caring for my new Grandson.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I didn't introduce myself. Good thing we have known each other on here for a loooong time. I am 62 and live in Wyoming. I want to tone up and loosen up the hip flexors a bit. I started doing the above Kelly Coffey Meyer workout last week. My plan is to continue to do it through July. Increasing my weights some each week.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris do you already have this DVD?

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I went into the garage looking for the box marked DVDs'...unable to find it because of the garage over-stuffedness!! I ordered it, and it will be here by this weekend. I am excited to do this with you!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris that is great. Plenty of time to get it by July. I took this morning off since I woke up sore. And I am working out with a friend. With KCM! I am so grateful to you for having introduced me to her years ago.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, :) I have a bunch of her stuff!! I'm glad you like her workouts.
    Worked out w/trainer today for 60 mins. I'm going to walk tomorrow.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris we will need to compare lists of her DVD's someday. I am wanting to focus on toning and strength now. Oh and those hip flexors. I think a few jumping jacks regularly (hate them) and squats are a good start. I will be doing the 2nd workout today in Muscle Up.
    Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,237 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the KCM DVD and will start after I return from my trip and continue through July.
  • cpanus
    Options
    Nothing this weekend. Brain fog yesterday...strange weather...heavy. Today was full of Bean, window cleaners and delivering the Santa Fe to the dealership for service. By the time the windows were done it was too hot to go out there.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy so glad you are joining us. <3

Chris it has been a long time since you mentioned Bean. How is he doing?

Got in the second workout yesterday. Increased weights. Used my 10, 12 and 15 pound ones. Today I worked outside and then went to the cabin to discuss building the stairs to our loft.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Completed the first workout this morning before work. It has a nice warm up, including dreaded jumping jacks. Takes about 30 minutes and ends with a short stretch. Includes, bench press with free weights, pushups, Arnold presses, ab work, rows and a few others. In all a great short workout that gets you sweating if you go heavy and challenge yourself.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Worked out this morning to one of the mixes. You completed all the exercises in the first two workouts but without super setting them. So just one round of each exercise. I think I liked the super setting best.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, we haven't had Bean over in a long time. He's better at not barking at everything and everybody but he still does. He didn't bark at the Amazon Delivery Guy, but he did go crazy nuts over a walker ACROSS THE STREET!!!!
    If the temperature continues to be medium...I'll put my shoes on and go out there after our housekeeper is finished. She brought her teenage daughter to help her today, so they should be done faster than normal.
    I brought Ronan home with me after my Collin Duty this morning. He's playing with Grandpa and they are both happy!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I never realized he did that. I imagined peaceful walks with a large black dog. Glad you were able to spend time with him again.

Shell
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Got up and did Workout #2. Legs and arms. First half is warmup and legs. Then arms followed by a short cooldown. I love that she has me bending and reaching for the floor in the warmups. Really does help.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Shelley, he used to bark at everything...still does sometimes. :D
    I did get 5.73 miles done in 116 mins yesterday. Sunshine and wind made it work!!
    I had Collin Duty this morning, Ronan transport when I was done over there to bring him to Grandpa, then my trainer for 60 mins. It was a tough workout!!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Sara's voice teacher from when she was little, passed away. She had moved out of state but all her past students are getting together for a funeral service this afternoon. There will be a lot of singing. Pat and I are not going...we have Ronan and Collin and Bean and Melody Duty later this afternoon. It's going to be a long day.
    I do have my trainer at noon.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Yesterday I did a 60 min workout w/my trainer and then spent a couple of hours with Pat and our two grandsons. That counts as a workout, too!!!
    Today I did 5.69 miles in 114 mins. It was beautiful out there!
    Chris