July Challenge with weights

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,873 Member
    Options
    It is wonderful that so many of her students still hold her dear in their hearts.

I did the first workout of KCM yesterday. Forgot to log in. I increased my weights a little. It was a great workout and I even sweated.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I am planning on setting up a Group for this Challenge so there is not such a long list to read through. And also, I will be able to set up mini challenges when we get enough participants.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Today I did one of the mixes. It had the same warm-up as the others. But then it super setted all f the exercises in the first 2 workouts. Followed by a short stretch. Lasted just under 40 minutes. Would work good for those who wanted a full body workout every other day.

Shelley
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've been following along, reading your posts. I don't currently do any strength training, but I need to, and have been 'meaning' to take it up for over a year, but haven't done so, so far πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ.

I can't actually join the July challenge, bc I'm scheduled to be out of town for half if the month. But I did want to let you know you're inspiring me to make good on my promise to myself. πŸ€—

I have kept up a 10k/days steps goal streak for 18 months. It's time to add some strength training and or yoga/stretching.

Thx for the inspo πŸ‘

Cheers!
    - mk :) (Maine)
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Hi -mk! We are a small group that has inspired each other for years. I was hoping to find a few like minded folks to join us. And plan to continue doing this for as long as people show interest. I could easily suggest some exercises to get you headed towards your goal. And your 10 K stepping is admirable. Strength training is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. If you have a resistance band you could take it with you.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Was limited on time this morning. So did the premix for chest and back. Had the same warm up. Yes there were still jumping jacks. Bench presses and pushups. Rows and several others. I wish there was an upper body one that was only 20 minutes long when I am in a rush. Still liked it. I might try the ab one this weekend.

Shelley
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Hi -mk! We are a small group that has inspired each other for years. I was hoping to find a few like minded folks to join us. And plan to continue doing this for as long as people show interest. I could easily suggest some exercises to get you headed towards your goal. And your 10 K stepping is admirable. Strength training is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. If you have a resistance band you could take it with you.

Shelley

Thx, Shelley! πŸ‘
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    mkksemail you are welcome.

I was sore this morning. So my plan is to do arms tonight.

Shelley
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I'll post when my DVD arrives πŸ’ΏπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈ
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    @mkksemail what if any free weights do you have? Experience with them? Age, fitness level. Goals if any? I really like this DVD.

Today I wanted to concentrate on my arms. So put in KCM 30 minute Weight. The last Premix is mostly upper body. Is about 31 minutes long. No bench needed. Squats and push ups. I don't like the warm-up as much as the other KCM. Lots of arms. It was a good workout and I sweated lots.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    No workout today. Learned of a vet clinic looking for some large Marine fish for their 500 gallon tank. I have 4 in need of a good home. We have decided to downsize to one tank from 3. I went and talked with them about mine. They are interested and will get back to me after they talk with the guy who services their tank. Fingers crossed it works out for everyone.

Shelley
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @mkksemail what if any free weights do you have? Experience with them? Age, fitness level. Goals if any? I really like this DVD.
    Shelley

56f, rank beginner, lol.
    I've been saying for years, "I should add some strength training", or "I should add some stretching, or yoga", but I never have.

I have an assortment of dumbbells, and a modular free weights set (tiny thing, not big bars), that I've never used, only aspired to use πŸ˜‰.

On the plus side, I have maintained a 10k/days steps streak since Dec 4, 2021 (just over 18 mos now!) πŸ‘βœ¨. It's just time - past time - for me to do some kind of stretching, and strength, exercising, too.

Cheers!

• ritabrue
    ritabrue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join but I do not have a DVD player.
  • zumbaforever
    edited June 2023
    Options
    ritabrue wrote: Β»
    I would like to join but I do not have a DVD player.

Do you have any kind of weights? I started with tomato paste cans. :D I am sure we can figure out something. There has to be something similar on YouTube. I can look.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @mkksemail we all must start somewhere. Congrats on your walking. Maybe add hand weights on your walk for now. Even small ones. Makes a great weapon also. There is some stretching. Squats are great for hip flexers.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I did an upper body routine tonight. Hammer curls, skull crushers, wrist curls, Arnold presses, flys, curls and a couple others. Should have stretched more. Next time.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Did workout 2 this morning. Am able to reach to the floor easier. Jumping Jacks are getting easier. As are the squats. Slowly increasing my weights. Was a good workout.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Took today off to bike and enjoy a beautiful day

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Got up and did the 2nd workout this morning. Increased my weights slightly.

Shelley
  • mkksemail
    Options
    @mkksemail we all must start somewhere. Congrats on your walking. Maybe add hand weights on your walk for now. Even small ones. Makes a great weapon also. There is some stretching. Squats are great for hip flexers.

Shelley

Thankyou! :)
    I have started adding 25 squats/day. I had it for a Hogwarts mini-challenge last week (25 Squats x 3 days), and have kept it going. I think I'm close to a week :think: I'll have to check back.

I couldn't believe how incredibly hard it was to do on the first day (trying to not let my knees go past my toes, and reaching down low enough for my upper legs to reach parallel with the floor ... ). By Day Four, yea, it was okay! I almost forgot last night, because I daytripped to Boston, and was pretty tired when I got home. I remembered at 11:45p - got up and did my 25 squats! wooooo

lol (sorry no emojis, on laptop this time).

Cheers!