Go to Meals?

Options
Hey all! Just curious what y’all’s go to meals are with losing weight? Would love to add new recipes to the menu if possible 😊

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a bit more flexible with my meals, so I usually make roasted veggies, proteins (I'm vegan, so this is usually tofu, legumes, tempeh, or seitan), and grains like rice or quinoa. I'm also a huge fan of soups (like this one) and high-volume, low-calorie meals like stir-fry or taco salad.
  • 8rbncr8mv5
    8rbncr8mv5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I pick random recipes from Healthyish foods to try fairly often and they’ve all been really good. I haven’t been counting calories so I’m not sure of what the calorie counts are typically like. If the recipe isn’t very veggie or protein packed, we use extra protein and add veggies. Our favorite right now is the sesame chicken with spicy peanut noodles (we use an extra chicken breast and added roasted broccoli as a side).
  • BeanieBean93
    BeanieBean93 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One of my fiance's favorites is zucchini noodle alfredo.

I just just the precooked spiraled zucchini, alfredo sauce, parmesan and chicken thigh. Chicken thighs go into the oven with rotisserie chicken seasoning for about 30 min. Then I put onion and garlic in a pan to saute in some oil. Toss in the zucchini noodles, toss in the sauce, and top with chicken when done. Sometimes he adds chili peppers on top or giardinera.

If the chicken is already prepped, it takes about 10 minutes total. If not, it's all done while the chicken cooks and then I just plop it on top when it's finished.

I don't really like alfredo sauce, so you can do the same rendition with marinara, vodka sauce or just oil and parmesan.
  • alonnaallen93
    alonnaallen93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a few go-tos I eat at work thru the weekday, then it kinda varies on the weekends.

- Kale or spinach salad with a protein (chicken, salmon or shrimp) and wonton strips and dried cranberries (or tortilla strips). Oh and avocado.

- Old fashioned oatmeal with honey and blueberries

- Roasted carrots, protein (fish or chicken) and brown rice or quinoa

- Watermelon with Tajin on top

- scrambled eggs with salsa and/or avocado

- every now and then some cookies or candy lol gotta have a treat here and there
  • Kristen525c
    Kristen525c Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When I don't have the spoons to cook a "real" dinner, I just fix a couple eggs and toss in extras, like spinach and cheese. I find it filling and it doesn't take much effort.
  • cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm always stalking Sweet and Savory Steph for new recipes. I've liked almost everything I've made of hers. Google her. She has a TON of healthier recipes.

The bacon wrapped chicken breast is excellent. I substitute laughing cow cheese for the cream cheese. I've tried it with and without the jalepenos. I like to make it with homemade sweet potato fries with a kick.

I made the artichoke chicken bake once and it was a hit. I need to make it again.

Oh and the carbonara.

I do not enjoy cooking... but I can generally follow a recipe. Following for more ideas.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    Cambodian beef lok lak with khmer lime and pepper sauce. If you use a non stick pan, you can use a scant amount of oil. You can substitute beef with chicken or prawns. Skip the optional rice, and add a fried egg cooked in a nonstick skillet.

https://www.souschef.co.uk/blogs/the-bureau-of-taste/cambodian-beef-lok-lak
    https://maknao.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/cambodian black pepper dip/
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    shredded chicken with black beans and avocado (sometimes rice).

a johnsonville sausage (broiled) with rice or zucchini noodles.

turkey and cheese on a slider bun.