Options
13»

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    I want to hit 35!

35 in 2023, I'm in! Garmin say I'm 33 'fair' and my "fitness age" is two years older than my actual age. Bleech
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal Sounds like the Garmin needs some better manners. I don't think my apple watch predicts my age, but the Renpho was very kind. Had me at 56. I'll look further on my phone health ap.

Race you to 35!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    (snip)

Was it you, Ann, that recommended the book “The Wonder Years” to me? For some reason, I think it was you. It is in front of me right now. I bought before my 2021 tailspin (something I need to stop doing).

Might well have been. I have that book, love it so much, pretty sure I've recommended it here.

For others: It's a book by Rick Rickman, photographer, and collaborators. It profiles senior athletes, with amazing and inspirational photos.

You can see a sample of the photos on Rickman's web site, here:

https://www.rickrickman.com/gallery.html?gallery=The+Wonder+Years&folio=Portfolio#/0

See if your library has the book, if any of y'all are semi-aging folks. It's fabulous.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    @chris_in_cal thank you for sharing that link. I will certainly watch it. My personality risks hoarding.

The premiere, and now free, documentary "Minimalism" is on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/@TheMinimalists
  • SModa61
    Options
    @chris_in_cal thank you for sharing that link. I will certainly watch it. My personality risks hoarding.

The premiere, and now free, documentary "Minimalism" is on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/@TheMinimalists

@chris_in_cal Thank you for the reminder. Will check it it. Hopefully it will inspire me further!!! :)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    There is kind of a "Premier" thing right now, where the filmmakers are in the chat. It's cool. But the doc will be there from now on for free.
  • SModa61
    Options
    @chris_in_cal Today is a little crazy. Hopefully tomorrow morning!
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    F$%^ the numbers. YOU know whether you feel good about the way you look and feel, or if you have extra flab to loose, or if you are not in the kind of shape you would like to be. And you probably have a feel for how much YOU are going to realistically be able to change it within a lifestyle that is comfortable for you. If seeing the numbers come down is motivation for you, then use them for that. But there isn't one number that is "normal" or "goal" -- you need to make your own decisions about whether you want to loose more, tone up, or stay as you are.
  • SModa61
    Options
    @xrj22 , thanks for taking the time to reply to my op. If you check out the resulting discussion, there are components that one cannot suss out by how we feel and look. Do I know my bone density/bone mass? Do I know my visceral fat and am I TIFO? Mirrors can't tell me that, but it is data like that that DexaScans and the like purportedly provide. Would like to determine the quality of such data.