Miracle noodle

carternikki1849
carternikki1849 Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2023 in Recipes
Anyone got a weight loss recipe or recipe low calorie that includes Miracle Noodle Fettuccine Style and have some chicken with some veggies included with it. Can not have soy sauce for being high sodium have watch sodium and need lower ldl & hdl.

Replies

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 398 Member
    Oh, my. Google them and you will find all you need to know.
    Indigestible.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Oh, my. Google them and you will find all you need to know.
    Indigestible.

Yah, I've heard they're pretty bad.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,282 Member
    edited July 2023
    Tried them once. Husband did a rare thing and put his foot down. “Never again”, said he.

Tasted bad and smelled worse.

Consider supplementing pasta and rice with riced cauliflower. Once it’s got a sauce on it, you don’t even realize it and a whole sack is like 40 calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I found Shirataki noodles made from soy to be inedible, despite me throwing all my Asian sauces at them. I haven't tried these, which are made from konjac. I've had dried sweet potato noodles that I liked. However, that won't help the OP, as I've only made these with high-sodium sauces, and, since it's been almost a month, I imagine this question is moot.

In the absence of high sodium, I'd try high fat, which, since the OP has cholesterol restrictions, olive oil rather than butter.
  • cyntdooley
    cyntdooley Posts: 61 Member
    Have you tried Palmini Hearts Pasta comes in Angel Hair pasta and flat noodles pasta. Also comes in a mash potato.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited August 2023
    It all depends on how you make them.
    I’ve had some wonderful authentic Asian recipes.

Miracle noodles may be newer to most western countries.. but konjac root has been a staple in Japan and Vietnam for hundreds of years.

A few years ago in Japan, I had some great local konjac dishes - I started to really get into Shirataki noodles. The more you work with them, the more versatile they become.

I find the thinner the noodle.. the more I like it. Rinse well and dry pan fry to get the moisture out.

2 recipes I like:

m4zjvgu9l45u.jpeg

Vietnamese Pho Soup

1 tablespoon coconut oil
    2 inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced
    1 large onion, peeled and quartered
    5 cloves garlic, smashed
    5 cinnamon sticks
    3 whole star anise
    10 cloves
    4 cardamom pods, smashed
    12 cups water
    2 cups beef broth (adjust for low sodium)
    2 tablespoon fish sauce

1 pound flank steak
    1 pound shirataki noodles
    4 ounces mung bean sprouts
    2 jalapeños, sliced
    1 cup fresh basil leaves
    1 lime, cut into wedges

Instructions

Place a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion wedges, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, cardamom, and coconut oil. Sauté the onions and spices for about 10 minutes, stirring to brown the onions on all sides.
    Pour in the water, beef broth, fish sauce. Bring to a simmer. Then lower the heat if needed, and simmer for at least 60 minutes. (P.S. Fish sauce has a funky aroma, but tastes amazing! Don't skip it.)
    Meanwhile, flash-freeze the flank steak for 30 minutes. It should be frozen on the outside, yet still mostly thawed on the inside. Then slice the steak against the grain into paper-thin pieces.

Use a skimmer to pull all the onions, and spices out of the broth. Then arrange the mung bean sprouts, sliced jalapeno, lime wedges and basil on a serving plate.
    Add in the noodles to the broth and cook for 2-3 minutes, or according the the package instructions.
    Turn off the heat and stir in the thin pieces of beef. They should be thin enough to cook in the hot broth without additional heat.

j5y2cg6nvkwh.png

Japanese shirataki and mushrooms

1 Tbsp sesame oil
    1 Tbsp honey
    3 Tbsp mirin
    2 Tbsp coconut aminos
    Freshly cracked black pepper
    freshly toasted and ground sesame seeds
    Sautée shitake and wood ear mushrooms

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat up a saute pan on medium heat and add sesame oil.
    Once the pan is hot enough, add the shirataki noodles along with the honey, mirin and coconut aminos
    Toss with mushrooms
    Top with toasted ground sesame seeds and pepper!

Ps - a great replacement for soy sauce in any shirataki recipe - coconut aminos.

OP - Try adding chicken to the sesame shirataki - use any shirataki you like. I personally like Angel hair..

The pho can also be made with chicken instead of steak. I’d use chicken broth instead of beef.
    Chicken pho in Vietnamese is called Pho Ga.

Some good recipes online with shirataki or konjac root. Check out shirataki rice!
  • MFPbuttoni
    MFPbuttoni Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2023
    You might like this recipe. Although originally created for a cauliflower casserole, I have since made it with the Carba-Nada noodles and we liked it a lot. I absolutely love anything with Smoked Gouda cheese in it. :)

Creamy Smoky Chicken Casserole
    JANUARY 29, 2017
    Photo here: https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2017/01/29/creamy-smoky-chicken-casserole/
    JANUARY 29, 2017PEGGY EDIT

This delicious casserole evolves often from bits of leftover veggies that invariably are staring at me in the fridge when I start making dinner. Despite that fact, this is consistently a good dinner! It’s also very nutritious when kale is included. The Savory Casserole Topping is optional, but quite good on this dish. It does add some flavor to the simple basic flavor profile of the dish! This recipe is suitable once you get to phase 2 of Atkins. Omit the topping and you Induction folks can enjoy this as well. This recipe is not suited for Primal or Paleo followers due to the dairy in it.

INGREDIENTS:

½ medium head cauliflower, stemmed and chopped to 3/4-1″ pieces (about 2½ cups)

2 T. coconut oil

3 oz. onion, chopped

2 large carrots, sliced or chopped

1 c. my low-carb Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

2 T. cream cheese

3/4 c. heavy (whipping) cream

2 c. cooked chicken meat, chopped (I left skin on mine)

3 oz. Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded

Dash black pepper

1 leaf raw kale, stemmed, chopped fine (about 3/4 c. loose-pack)

½ recipe of my Savory Casserole Topping

VARIATION: Add a pinch of thyme or poultry seasoning to the mixture before baking. Kale haters, you could sub in 1/2 c. leaf baby spinach instead. For a total change-up, omit the cauliflower completely and instead use 8 servings of low-carb noodle like Miracle Noodles or Carba-Nada fettucini (by Al Dente).

DIRECTIONS: Make the casserole topping per that recipe’s instructions (click blue link above). Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.

In a medium saucepan, cover cauliflower with water and boil only until half tender. While it is cooking, heat oil over high heat in non-stick large skillet (I use a non-stick wok), add onion, carrot and saute until half-tender also. Lower heat to medium, add cream cheese and heat until melted. Lower heat to lowest setting and add the soup, cream, half the shredded Gouda, the pepper and chicken meat. Stir lightly to mix well. Drain water off cauliflower when half tender and add to the skillet mixture. Stir again. Add the raw, chopped kale (or green veggie of choice) and stir one last time. Sprinkle remaining Gouda over the top and then add the crumble topping evenly over the top of the casserole. Cover with foil and bake at 350ºfor 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 8 servings, each contains:

390 calories, 30.7 g fat, 8.73 g carbs, 2.55 g fiber, 6.18 g NET CARBS, 17 g protein, 539 mg sodium

This delicious casserole evolves often from bits of leftover veggies that invariably are staring at me in the fridge when I start making dinner. Despite that fact, this is consistently a good dinner! It’s also very nutritious when kale is included. The Savory Casserole Topping is optional, but quite good on this dish. It does add some flavor to the simple basic flavor profile of the dish! This recipe is suitable once you get to phase 2 of Atkins. Omit the topping and you Induction folks can enjoy this as well. This recipe is not suited for Primal or Paleo followers due to the dairy in it.

INGREDIENTS:

½ medium head cauliflower, stemmed and chopped to 3/4-1″ pieces (about 2½ cups)

2 T. coconut oil

3 oz. onion, chopped

2 large carrots, sliced or chopped

1 c. my low-carb Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

2 T. cream cheese

3/4 c. heavy (whipping) cream

2 c. cooked chicken meat, chopped (I left skin on mine)

3 oz. Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded

Dash black pepper

1 leaf raw kale, stemmed, chopped fine (about 3/4 c. loose-pack)

½ recipe of my Savory Casserole Topping

VARIATION: Add a pinch of thyme or poultry seasoning to the mixture before baking. Kale haters, you could sub in 1/2 c. leaf baby spinach instead. For a total change-up, omit the cauliflower completely and instead use 8 servings of low-carb noodle like Miracle Noodles or Carba-Nada fettucini (by Al Dente).

DIRECTIONS: Make the casserole topping per that recipe’s instructions (click blue link above). Set aside. Preheat oven to 350º.

In a medium saucepan, cover cauliflower with water and boil only until half tender. While it is cooking, heat oil over high heat in non-stick large skillet (I use a non-stick wok), add onion, carrot and saute until half-tender also. Lower heat to medium, add cream cheese and heat until melted. Lower heat to lowest setting and add the soup, cream, half the shredded Gouda, the pepper and chicken meat. Stir lightly to mix well. Drain water off cauliflower when half tender and add to the skillet mixture. Stir again. Add the raw, chopped kale (or green veggie of choice) and stir one last time. Sprinkle remaining Gouda over the top and then add the crumble topping evenly over the top of the casserole. Cover with foil and bake at 350ºfor 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.

NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR CAULIFLOWER VERSION. Miracle Noodles would lower the numbers further: Makes 8 servings, each contains:

390 calories, 30.7 g fat, 8.73 g carbs, 2.55 g fiber, 6.18 g NET CARBS, 17 g protein, 539 mg sodium1