Looking for Keto Guru's...help with low carb tortillas.

Options
Chugoi
Chugoi Posts: 3 Member
Hello!

I am not specifically doing Keto(or maybe I am, who knows), but I am trying to a lower carb diet. What is the consensus on Low carb tortillas in the Keto community. Are they okay on Keto? I eat two a day(one mission low carb and one ole xtreme), it makes it incredibly easy to maintain my diet. Is that too much? I am basically consuming next to no sugar throughout the day except on Saturdays. They are also more than half the fiber I consume.

Thanks,
Tagged:

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,958 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Well, you should know how many carbs are in those, no? Have you done any research on the keto diet, and also why do you want to consume a diet low in carbs or lower like keto? Maybe that would help people give a more nuanced answer.

When I was using a ketogenic diet I made my own and mainly used almond flour and cheese for tortillas. Cheers.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that carbohydrates make up 45% to 65% of your total daily calorie intake. So anything less than 45% is technically low carb. In keto, carbs are generally around 5% of your calorie budget. (Higher in certain circumstances.) So if your tortillas and all your other carbs are in the 5% ballpark for the day, yes, they are suitable for keto.

However, you can lose weight just fine on keto, low carb, or high carb, so your reasons for doing keto are indeed relevant.

h27zjawgvyoy.jpg

For more support on keto or low carb, join the Low Carb forum: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum