I must confess...

Options
Hello all. I've been at this MFP on and off for some time now.

I must confess that when I use the app, I conveniently forget to log some foods, especially snacks. My brain is funny. For some reason it thinks if I don't track it, it doesn't count. Like when you eat that cracker that fell off the scale instead of logging it. Lol. Does anyone else do this? Or is it just me?

What I have started doing different this time is keeping a spiral notebook in the kitchen along with my scale. I put the day of the week down and write down everything I eat and the grams of each food. When I have time after the meal, I sit down and enter it into MFP. It seems to help me to see that visual reminder instead of the app on the phone. The phone is sometimes out of sight, out of mind, but the notebook is always there keeping me accountable.

Just thought I would share with those struggling. Sometimes a written visual helps more, and to me, its a constant reminder to log when it is placed on the kitchen countertop where you can see it at all times.

Adios tribe!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    Yup. I write everything down in the kitchen when I cook/eat it, too. The only difference is that I re-use papers like the backs of junk mail envelopes, but use the same paper until I fill it up. When I have a moment, I log in MFP from the paper list. I also like that that keeps my phone away from the messy fingers and such that happen with cooking.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yup. I write everything down in the kitchen when I cook/eat it, too. The only difference is that I re-use papers like the backs of junk mail envelopes, but use the same paper until I fill it up. When I have a moment, I log in MFP from the paper list. I also like that that keeps my phone away from the messy fingers and such that happen with cooking.

I have so many junk mail envelopes with food notes scattered around. So many.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I have so many junk mail envelopes with food notes scattered around. So many.

After some are full and have been logged, I sometimes use them as pages in small DIY journals. Then I do mixed media visual journaling over top of the food list. 😆