Vibration training

Options

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've seen one of these shakey machines in my gym! A few women, who have been at the gym for years, use it every time they come in. These women are nowhere near as fit (not at all actually) as they could be for coming to the gym almost every day for years.

Don't waste your time. These are a horrible fad.

We have one at my gym too & a few toning beds. The vibro plate looks like a dust gatherer I've yet to see someone use it. The toning beds get used, but mainly the ones for leg lifts & it's older ladies using them so it might be a mobility issue there.
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what it was... It seems... strange.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Does Hitachi make the trainer?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    *exits slowly* I thought this was something else lol
    This coming from the user Highervibes, I'm sure you are quite disappointed

lol
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I never thought to log my vibration training before..
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Bait and switch 101.

Where's my bacon?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Oh, this isn't what I thought it would be...

funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    For those who are here thinking what I'm thinking, based on some quick Internet research apparently it's safe to log 100 cals per....uh.... "Work out."
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif
  • izahaira
    izahaira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Power Plate? Some people swears by it. You do your regular exercises on this thing. I have not tried it myself.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    *exits slowly* I thought this was something else lol

LMAO! Me too
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Does Hitachi make the trainer?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Fat-Belt-3.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Try the Shake Weight

50834-Ellen-Shake-Weight-gif-8V5o_zps86fb375b.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP my advice is to find a workout program that you enjoy. Ideally do both cardio and strength training. Workout with consistency and meet your calorie goal, profit. The vibration thing seems like another shake weight type fad.
  • From what I gather from the trainers at the gym (where we have a powerplate) it is NOT a work out, but instead is good post-workout for conditioning and cooling down to prevent sore muscles and aches. There are a few exercises you can do on them where the vibration creates a bit of extra resistance, again for conditioning, but I think the benefits are minimal. They're really only useful for a post-gym massage.

Saying that I've heard some people swear by them for toning the skin. I also imagine they have some benefit for those with physical conditions that mean regular exercise is difficult as they at least stimulate the muscles so are probably good for blood flow.

I wouldn't replace a good old-fashioned workout with them though, there are, alas, no quick fixes in this world bar surgery.
  • mrsconway66
    Options
    i have one and use it every day,3 times a day for 10 minutes at a time, its the only form of exercise i am using,, and im down 11.2 kilo in 3 months, and my cm loss is incredible. it says that they burn 300 calories at a time but i log it in as 150. i have found that when i do walk now,( which isn't often because of the weather atm) that my legs are much stronger and im able to walk much further than i was able too before i started using the machine. definitely worth having and using in my opinion.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    i have one and use it every day,3 times a day for 10 minutes at a time, its the only form of exercise i am using,, and im down 11.2 kilo in 3 months, and my cm loss is incredible. it says that they burn 300 calories at a time but i log it in as 150. i have found that when i do walk now,( which isn't often because of the weather atm) that my legs are much stronger and im able to walk much further than i was able too before i started using the machine. definitely worth having and using in my opinion.
    So, you've cut your food intake by 1,000 calories a day. That seems plausible, depending on your previous diet.
  • KoRnKraZy
    KoRnKraZy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Haha we have one of those machines at the gym and I accidentally put it on high and it started going mental! I thought it was going to explode xD