Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Search for own recipes in Food Diary

Options
jengoncalves74
jengoncalves74 Posts: 4 Member
It would be great to be able to search within the recipes tab when in the Food Diary. I love the recipes feature and I currently have three pages of recipes. Instead of looking through all of them to find the one I just had, it would be great to type in a search area so it can pop up easier.
Tagged:
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 765 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thank you for this suggestion! That is a great idea - I have brought it back to the team to consider for a future update.

In the meantime, what may help is to sort your Recipes by name (from A to Z). This may help you out when trying to locate a particular recipe. When going through the process to add food to your Diary, click on the "My Recipes" tab, and then you should see a bubble you can click into (it may currently say "Date Created") where you can select "A to Z" or "Z to A".

Similarly, if you go to the app's menu and click on "Recipes, Meals & Foods", and then tap into the "Recipes" tab - in the upper right corner of your screen you should see three dots. Click on that, and then tap on "Sort Order". You can select either "A to Z" or "Z to A" here as well.

Hope this helps!
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 765 MFP Staff
    Options
    It would be great to be able to search within the recipes tab when in the Food Diary. I love the recipes feature and I currently have three pages of recipes. Instead of looking through all of them to find the one I just had, it would be great to type in a search area so it can pop up easier.

I just wanted to report back on this! When you're logging from the Diary in your app, if you tap on the "My Recipes" tab, and then begin typing into the search bar - you should be able to search for specific recipe names.
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been asking for his FOR YEARS. I also wish I could sort my recipes into folders. I know I can now do it on my app, but I use the desktop just about as much, and when I 'm working on a recipe I usually do it on the desktop