Does your car have a name?

Options

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My first vehicle was a 94 z24 cavalier, Dazzy
    2nd - 1999 Chev Blazer - Roach
    3rd/Current - 2008 Jeep Wrangler - Phoenix.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    PT Cruiser, white, beautiful -- Beulah ! My first new car ever. I knew a sweet old lady with that name long ago. She always wore a green knit dress and purple sandal heels. When the shoes started to break she bound them to her foot with a lot of tape.
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My 2009 granite black metallic Chevy Equinox that I bought brand new is named Raul. I've taken such good care of him that people often ask me if he's new. But the bumper-to-bumper warranty is expired and the power train warranty is running out, I haven't told him yet, but I'm trading him in on a 2014 Equinox that I'm naming Jackson. I feel like I'm breaking up with my boyfriend. :cry:
  • heypeachy
    Options
    The first set of wheels I had was my mom's old black '99 Ford Windstar. For 2006, it was supa-sweet with a VCR and TV, and I decked out the back seat with blankets and pillows for...well...what teenagers do :p Her name was PAM V (Pimp *kitten* Mini Van).
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    My 2002 Pontiac sunfire was named Norton, or the Racecar (by my kids)

My 2012 Ford Escape is named Stormy
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    My 2012 Ford F-150's name is Frank.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My 2005 Honda Civic is called Ellie :smile:

I call her the White Elephant sometimes because my god owning a car is expensive!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep... right & left.... right foot & left foot.

:laugh:
  • desertSNOUT
    Options
    I don't have a car but I had an 88 ford ltd/crwn vic named sherman (the tank) and a 94 nissan quest named liahona.

I do have a pistol I call l'oreal....

.... because I'm worth it.
  • schmimblebob
    Options
    2003 metallic blue Fiat Punto called Betty.

As a side note, my Pashley Britannia bicycle is called Vera. I love old fashioned names.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A red with white top 2004 mini cooper called Mr. Q. He is British, you see?

We still have him, but he is now with my parents. We love him too much for selling him, even with his old age (though he had a heart / motor transplant a few years ago).
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    The white beast from the middle east
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yes,

I drive a Renault Megane GT 1.4 Turbo, in grey, and its called Rafiki, like the monkey from Lion King.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    my first car was a 1965 dodge dart, named sylvester, my current car is a 2001 audi named spook
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My current car is a Kia Picanto named Tonto . My sat nav is called Josie. My granny named her that one day and it just stuck.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Peugeot 307s and he's called Jacques henry (obviously pronounced as in France cause he's french)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    my husband's current car has the nickname "the dinosaur" because it somehow survived the Cretaceous-Palaeogene extinction. i wish I could say it was still running fine but it's currently in the garage after overheating yesterday. Not sure exactly what's wrong with it this time, old age probably!

my previous cars had names but I can't remember what they were. they were based on the letters on the number plate so if I saw their number plates I'd probably remember the names.
  • slw87
    slw87 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Peugeot 307s and he's called Jacques henry (obviously pronounced as in France cause he's french)

Haha I have a Citroen and he's called Claude as he's French :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My first car was called "Lurch", partly because it was as slow moving as Lurch from The Addams Family but mainly because it lurched round corners.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My first car was "Chevy Lumina" I called it the Beast!
    then got Mitsubishi Lancer called it "Sh!tty" as it was in the garage 99% of the time!

NOW I got my LOVE! My precious! Infiniti :D