Hello All

Options
troy1g
troy1g Posts: 2 Member
I am somewhat new here, My name is Troy I am 62 years old, I started using this App several years ago, but I let go of it. I starting again after a few years of relying on a low carb diet, Kinda Keto lol, which seemingly worked for me in the beginning but stopped and it became ineffective for me anyway. So I did a deep dive in the literature, by the way I am an investigator so that's what I do. And decided to track my calories this time around, Nothing wrong with Keto but I needed a change. I have always been an athlete and health minded. I use to instruct Nautilus in the 80's. I was a martial artist during those years as well. Now days I ride my bike, and my Schwann Air dyne. I also do Heavyhands and some strength training in the Gym, Have I talked about ME enough? Good Luck to everyone, All is to be commended for making a commitment to health and fitness and using this incredible tool to achieve your health goals. Thanks Troy

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Hi, Troy, and welcome!

What else would you do in an intro post, but talk about YOU? ;)

Calorie counting worked great for me at age 59-60, so I hope it turns out to be equally workable for you. (I'm now 67, have been at a healthy weight since that loss back then.)

I can't claim to have always been an athlete (far from it), having gotten more active after cancer treatment in my mid-40s. I've been active since, but stayed fat for a dozen years despite working out 6 day most weeks . . . it's easy to eat those calories back without noticing, if not tracking. Once I started calorie counting, weight loss happened. I used to do some Chinese martial arts (my late husband was a teacher), but nowadays mostly row (on water when I can, machine when I must) and bike (paved trails in Summer, stationary in Winter).

Wishing you much success with your goals!