Is there a healthy way to have chocolate?

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When you have oatmeal for breakfast, make it as usual and then once heated, sprinkle a teaspoon of chocolate chips over it. Don't stir them in.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Open mouth. Insert chocolate.
  • terrygreenwell1
    Options
    Indeed there is , the higher the cocoa content the better , and then in small amounts.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading through any replies, it's just too early.

Just eat the damn chocolate! It won't kill you and won't make you fat. If you want anything and it fits within your calorie goal go ahead and enjoy it!
  • bedhead
    bedhead Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Melted with Strawberries dipped in it. If you just dip the ends in you get your fix and usually end up eating much less than the norm.

Let the chocolate cool again in the fridge, even better.
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    No cravings, but I do have one square of Lindt "Noir absolu" 99% every day - 13 cals.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have been buying those endangered species chocolate bars. They have 72% cocoa and 10% of the sale is donated.to help support conservation goals. It is 210 for half a bar. I usually just have one square a day and that is 50 calories but cures my chocolate cravings.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have been having serious chocolate cravings this week. Luckily I have stayed strong in resisting the urge to go out and by anything chocolate.

I was wondering if there was any "healthy" way to have a little bit of chocolate now and then?
    In general, chocolate is actually healthy. The cnocern when trying to lose weight is calories.

I don't crave chocolate, per se, but I have a sweet tooth. I always want something sweet after a meal. So for lunch every day, I have six squares of Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate, usually with a little peanut butter. Dark chocolate is an appetite suppressant and full of antioxidants and all sorts of good stuff. Also, this brand isn't as bitter as others and it's very rich, so a little bit is more than enough.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just eat it
  • ej_glen
    ej_glen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try these - http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/nakd-fruit-and-nut-bars/nakd-cocoa-delight/
    Raw fruit and nut bars with raw cocoa flavouring.

I'm a serious chocaholic but these have been just enough for my sweet tooth lately :)
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If I have a craving for chocolate, I eat some. I don't even worry about what kind of chocolate it is. I just fit it into my calories.

^^^^^^^ This
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm not reading through any replies, it's just too early.

Just eat the damn chocolate! It won't kill you and won't make you fat. If you want anything and it fits within your calorie goal go ahead and enjoy it!

^^^^^^^ THIS
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have 2 hersheys kisses everyday and let them slowly melt in my mouth. Takes care of the craving and only 40 calories.:heart:
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A piece of dark chocolate with natural peanut butter on top. My nana recommended it to me. It sounds really good.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I buy the richest, darkest chocolate I can find. One little square is more than enough to satisfy a chocolate craving. As long as it fits within your daily goals, enjoy some chocolate!
  • Kazmerelda
    Kazmerelda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have recently moved to dark chocolate and I find it satisfies the craving more. Well except this hormone week.

Ironically since eating that rather than milk chocolate I hate 1) started losing weight again and 2) now cannot stand milk chocolate.

I also especially like the cherry chocolate, can I find any though?!
  • hollakris
    Options
    Having a small piece of dark chocolate is actually healthy and beneficial. If you prefer milk chocolate, I would recommend you eat it right after some strength training.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I eat some dark chocolate with my oatmeal in the morning. Makes it taste yummy.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I have been having serious chocolate cravings this week. Luckily I have stayed strong in resisting the urge to go out and by anything chocolate.

I was wondering if there was any "healthy" way to have a little bit of chocolate now and then?
    Yes, the healthy way is to eat a little bit now and then. It's not healthy to eat huge amounts of it every day. It's not healthy to spend your days having serious cravings to the point where you're preoccuppied with it, resisting the urges, feeling "good" because you've resisted, and then eventually giving in, binging, feeling sick and feeling guilty about it, only to vow never to eat it again and repeat the cycle. Chocolate is not evil. Eat the foods you like, in balance and moderation, making sure that you meet your calorie goal and get the nutrients you need.

Like many others, I eat chocolate practically every day. Sometimes dark, sometimes milk, occasionally white. I haven't had any problems losing or maintaining weight, and I'm healthy. I've also learned to really savour and appreciate the chocolate I do eat, because it's in smaller quantities than I used to have.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Smothered all over my body. Wait, what? I have a hard time eating just a little bit of chocolate. So when I need some, I buy a bar and eat it all.

I dont see anything unhealthy going on here. Why doesnt it say this on the damn label. Thats why I got fat I was eating the chocolate ALL WRONG!