Cycling Weight?

Options
As someone who has been working out for a few years and monitored my weight religiously, I have made it a habit to ignore the scale.

That being said, after taking up aggressive cycling indoors (peloton training) alongside more weights as well as outdoor cycling with running, I seem to have made progress with speed and resistance training. However, after making the mistake of revisiting the scale today I noticed about 6.5 additional pounds.

Knowing that my main regimen is peloton rides and heavier cardio with weight training sprinkled in, as well as a consistent low carb (30-40 net max a day) and caloric deficit diet- is it feasible to assume the weight is muscle mass?

I have never been one to look for “gains” or actively lift extra to achieve them, but at this point I seem to have possibly achieved that via cycling (which frankly I didn’t know would be possible). Thoughts from the group on if this is possible or anyone that can sympathize with a similar situation?

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It's hard to know. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Might be a little muscle, but not 6 pounds worth. Probably a pound or less. You'd have to know over what period of time the weight came on. Either way, you're not lighter than the last time you got on the scale, so you're not in a deficit. Which is fine since that doesn't appear to be your goal.