LESS Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    5 AF and 0 A - having some ice cream tonight with the calories I've saved from 5 days in a row with no alcohol 🍦🍨🍧
    Ok, that sounds just delightful!!!!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Robyn here in VA Beach. I am drinking less for overall health and weight loss. I usually post the next morning. My goals for August: 1) Sixteen AF days, max five drinks weekly (two max in a day); 2) Work out six days weekly; 3) No late night snacking.

Sun 8/6: AF - I hung out at the beach for a little while. The only exercise was walking back and forth from the house to my chair. I successfully skipped the alcohol but stayed up late watching movies and, dang it!, snacking. I really have fallen back into some old habits. To avoid the late night snacking, my plan is to avoid late night TV and go to bed at a decent time.

Rolling Total: 2 AF Days out of 6
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    Did well this week. 2.5 lbs down at Weight Watchers. It's because I am not buying wine. And it helps not being on vacation.

I can get another 1-1.5 lbs weight off me by next weekend if I keep moving in the right direction.

@globalhiker Congrats! Weight Watchers worked for me in the past. I'm considering doing that again myself. I've been trying to lose 10 pounds for many months now.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker congrats on finding a new routine toward your weight loss goals. I also find that wine is counterproductive for my exercise and good eating habits so good for you!

@Marss86 Welcome to this thread! I finally started losing weight when I stopped having wine each evening. I also found the calories shocking and personally believe that nutritional food is way better for us anyway - even if it’s popcorn!

@Womona my children are also my motivators to stay LA or AF at family gatherings. How special that your DS2 and you can have this accountability conversation together!
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Last week was sort of a bust, I didn’t gain or lose but definitely had more drinks than my 2x weekly. I know why - more than usual commitments, getting ready for company coming from out of town, planning vacation and transportation abroad, etc. No excuses, just things that took my energy away from being mindful. Yesterday I was dragging from it all, so kept the day easy with finding a new book to read, and picked some vegetables from my garden. Also tried a Clausthaler NA beer - really good. I would describe it as a little more robust than Stella NA.

Last night, I re-started my favorite evening beverage routine that helps me feel good and hydrated. A ball jar filled with ice, then added flavored sparkling water and a splash of any flavor Stur, or low cal lemonade or flavored electrolytes. I usually drink 2-16 oz glasses between 5-9 p.m. and hope to keep this up! Off to a Pilates class this am to start the week right.

Let’s stay strong in week #2 of August!
    Sending encouragement to those who need it.

August Goal = 19 AF days
    Totals: AF Days - 2
    A - 4
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    6 AF and
    2 A - had 2 nights with wine and didn't really enjoy it the way I used to - also felt a little icky in the AM -
  • RockinRobyn672
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi All! Robyn here in VA Beach, drinking less for overall health & weight loss. I usually post the next morning. August goals: 1) 16 AF days (max drinks: 5 weekly; 2 in a day); 2) Daily workouts; 3) No late night snacking; 4) Lose ~3 pounds.

Mon 8/7: Drinks (2.5) - Well, so far in August I haven't been very disciplined. I didn't want to post this today, but I'm convinced that these daily updates will help keep me accountable and inspire me to get back on and stay on track. So here's the story: DH came home from an annual getaway with our son and friends. For dinner we rode bikes to the pier, ate at the restaurant there (absolutely delicious blackened tuna tacos), then hung out watching people fish. It was a lovely night. I had a beer and we shared a half glass of wine at dinner. Back at the house we each had a glass of wine. My plan was AF. I did, however, avoid the late night snacking. It's not too late for me to meet my goals this week. We have decided treat this place as much as possible like we're on vacation this last summer here before heading back to Florida for good. I've got to figure out (in my head) how to avoid some of the drinking when we're out and about having fun.

Rolling Total: 2 AF Days out of 7
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @JaysFan82 Welcome! Glad you joined. This is a great group!
  • Womona
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi All! Robyn here in VA Beach. I am drinking less for overall health and weight loss. I usually post the next morning. My goals for August: 1) Sixteen AF days, max five drinks weekly (two max in a day); 2) Work out six days weekly; 3) No late night snacking.

Sun 8/6: AF - I hung out at the beach for a little while. The only exercise was walking back and forth from the house to my chair. I successfully skipped the alcohol but stayed up late watching movies and, dang it!, snacking. I really have fallen back into some old habits. To avoid the late night snacking, my plan is to avoid late night TV and go to bed at a decent time.

Rolling Total: 2 AF Days out of 6

My husband loves all the cooking shows, and when they are on after dinner, it makes me hungry even though I’ve just had a full meal. It all looks so appetizing. So I’ve learned to ask him to watch something else. Also, a cup of tea helps get rid of late night munchies. Or I just go to bed! The struggle is real!

Also, I totally have the same issue- how to be AF or LA when our and about having fun and in vacation mode? The eternal question. Hugs!
  • Womona
    Options
    Last two nights were AF as I planned…. except for the two sips each night from my husband’s glass. I guess it’s my way of weaning myself off. Tonight’s goal is “no sips!”

Off to yoga soon. Have a great day everyone!
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    Hi All! Robyn here in VA Beach, drinking less for overall health & weight loss. I usually post the next morning. August goals: 1) 16 AF days (max drinks: 5 weekly; 2 in a day); 2) Daily workouts; 3) No late night snacking; 4) Lose ~3 pounds.

Sat 8/5: Drinks (3)
    Sun 8/6: AF
    Mon 8/7: Drinks (2.5)
    Tue 8/8: AF - I made it through a day AF and no late night snacking although we ate dinner so late it could be considered a late night snack. LOL.
    Wed 8/9: - DH wants to ride bikes to the boardwalk after dinner tonight, which is our new thing and so much fun. I must psych-up mentally if I'm going to make this an AF day, which is the plan. I'm asking myself whether I made my goals too hard for this month. So far I haven't met the "5 weekly" goal, and the VB signature drink (orange crush) while on the boardwalk is so refreshing when it's hot because it's mainly crushed ice.

Rolling Total: 3 AF Days out of 8
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Good morning all

It has been another whirlwind here. Finalizing plans for my Maui trip, wrapping up details for my Florida room being built after we return .from vacation and somehow keeping sanity with having everything we do go through.
    an app.on on phones

Oh the simple days when a pen. Piece of paper and a house phone were all you needed.

Had a giant margarita at a newly opened Mexican place Sunday night
    I had to have hubby finish it for me as I could feel my scalp getting itchy which is an indication I have had ENOUGH.

Back to the mint watermelon 2.5% cans from Germany, they are so refreshing.

Hello to the new comers.

@MissMay - You made me laugh out loud. I have a "too much" indicator too with alcohol. The tip of my nose starts getting tingly and numb. I know you are excited about Maui! Are you planning to do the bike ride down from the top of Haleakala?
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    Womona wrote: »

My husband loves all the cooking shows, and when they are on after dinner, it makes me hungry even though I’ve just had a full meal. It all looks so appetizing. So I’ve learned to ask him to watch something else. Also, a cup of tea helps get rid of late night munchies. Or I just go to bed! The struggle is real!

Also, I totally have the same issue- how to be AF or LA when our and about having fun and in vacation mode? The eternal question. Hugs!

@Womona Thanks for this! Last night, I stayed away from the TV and went to bed. Yay! Tonight, I may be LA instead of AF. My goal is AF or no more than one drink.