FND and CFS/ME

Options
Hi, I'm Charlee its been about 7 years since I was able to visit a gym until recently. I am slowly starting and I mean chronic illness pace guys. But I am here to make some friends and share encouragement and support.
I wanted to reach out and see if any chronically ill buddies who love a good paced lift session and the careful balanced watch on food wanted to join me with my journey.

Starting weight 120kg
Goal weight 90kg
Health goal, to put my socks and shoes on without it hurting.

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for making this step for your health! Have you been on MFP long? There are many people here with different health and illness challenges. I don't have a functional neurological disorder like CFS ME, but I had to build my self up again from the ground due to an overwhelming arthralgia with no known cause (we eventually founnd a cause, but it took years). I could hardly walk at one point.
    The main thing that I had to overcome when starting over, was the fact that I couldn't do what I used to do (comparing myself to my old, healthy self), and that its OKAY to go slower or lift lighter. The important part is getting it done. The rest will come naturally with time when you are consistent. I'm still not there yet, and I recently had a huge set back (I broke my leg!), but once you start going to the gym, you are going to start feeling so much better, even on days when you can't do as much but you still made the effort to go and do "something."
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Let us know how it is going!
  • Nahyeahnah
    Nahyeahnah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for making this step for your health! Have you been on MFP long? There are many people here with different health and illness challenges. I don't have a functional neurological disorder like CFS ME, but I had to build my self up again from the ground due to an overwhelming arthralgia with no known cause (we eventually founnd a cause, but it took years). I could hardly walk at one point.
    The main thing that I had to overcome when starting over, was the fact that I couldn't do what I used to do (comparing myself to my old, healthy self), and that its OKAY to go slower or lift lighter. The important part is getting it done. The rest will come naturally with time when you are consistent. I'm still not there yet, and I recently had a huge set back (I broke my leg!), but once you start going to the gym, you are going to start feeling so much better, even on days when you can't do as much but you still made the effort to go and do "something."

Hi! Thank you for replying! I started at the gym about 2 months ago and go sugar free 2 weeks on and one week off (to stop the overwhelmed feeling I get when i restrict anything). I've always eaten fairly small amounts but notice my sugar intake can be a bit high, up and down so fasting frin refined sugar helps me. I manage the gym about twice a week and tend to do 10 mins cardio and depending on my fatigue levels I might attempt some weights. Last night i did leg curls, abductor machine and adductor machine as I have very wonky hips and sore knees. I did get a lot of pain and fatigue today but its not always as bad.