Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look GREAT! Well done xx
  • Slivnfree
    Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You are doing awesome! I am going to start weights soon, now even sooner with your story. Thanks
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the great work! You are definitely motivational.
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love your story. When you said you didn't set a time frame for your goal weight, that really resonated with me. We focus so much on "I want to lose X amount of weight by Y date" that we become discouraged if things aren't moving as quickly as we want. Thank you! You look amazing!
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great. Just more proof that diligence and hard work pay off. Thanks for my morning inspiration.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif

:laugh:

Outstanding job, OP.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow!! This is so awesome! Great work. I imagine it's a bit easier to drag those deer from the woods, too. :wink:
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You sir, are my hero. We have a lot of similarities and I'm hoping to get your results in the end.

Our similarities are height, age and starting weight (340 for me). Further I've just started SL 5x5 a little over a week ago, when I weighed what you did, around 265.

What you did from 265 to now is ideal. It needs to be mentioned that, based on the body fat percentages you provided, you lost basically NO muscle (actually 1.2 pounds but that's within a rounding error). I'm really hoping I can say the same in a few months.

One dissimilarity is I started lifting right away (a 3x8 program I followed in my youth) rather than waiting to lose 100 pounds. Did your doctor give a reason for his suggestion for you to postpone lifting?

Do you mind going into more detail about the cardio work you did while doing the StrongLifts program? You mentioned spending 10 hours working out, I'm guessing a good chunk of that is cardio since StrongLifts doesn't take a lot of time, a max of 3 hours a week.

I'm very interested because right now, I'm taking a brief "diet break" and consuming my RMR in calories, but in 2 weeks I'll get back to losing fat aggressively and would love to know what you did.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    One dissimilarity is I started lifting right away (a 3x8 program I followed in my youth) rather than waiting to lose 100 pounds. Did your doctor give a reason for his suggestion for you to postpone lifting?

Just because I was so heavy and it puts your heart at risk to lift weights so he told me cardio would get me in shape for lifting heavy things and putting them back down.
    Do you mind going into more detail about the cardio work you did while doing the StrongLifts program? You mentioned spending 10 hours working out, I'm guessing a good chunk of that is cardio since StrongLifts doesn't take a lot of time, a max of 3 hours a week.

I do 5 x 5 on Monday, Weds and Fri. I take 2 to 2 1/2 hours now for each session as I do some extra lifts and negative reps and I dont rush myself. I also lift on Sunday but that is neck work and tricep wor and lat work. Tues andThurs is cardio and that means an hour on a treadmil at a fast pace and steep incline in bursts rather than steady state cardio.
  • Lestaticon
    Lestaticon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! Congratulations on your accomplishments and I'm sure you'll continue the path. I started at about the same weight/height/body fat percentage as you last year and am also working hard. No gimmicks, just determination, discipline, and meaningful effort. Just like you, my initial goal is 200lbs. I'm about 30 lbs from that now, and it is the hardest part to lose.

Your story has inspired me as I'm considering mixing in or focusing on more strength training at this stage. My lower body is already in good shape from the bike work, yoga, and jogging I did the last 12+ months. I have a hard time pinching fat on my legs and thighs, but the upper body can use a lot of work. Besides, most of my fat is around the belly now.

Well done! Keep at it. You really have to become an athlete to lose so much. I'm sure you've sparked a life long change in yourself and you can't even imagine going back.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    What a great testimony! Your determination is very inspiring!
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Amazingly Awesome!!!
  • Rosie5025
    Options
    Simply put... amazing! Congrats to you !
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What an informative and inspiring success story.

Congratulations!
  • Phoenyx78
    Options
    You are simply amazing... your story was so well written and inspiring. I hope that I can show half the dedication that you have and I like the "no BS excuses" attitude. It's something I struggle with. Congrats on the lifestyle change and I wish you all the best!
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    You are simply amazing... your story was so well written and inspiring. I hope that I can show half the dedication that you have and I like the "no BS excuses" attitude. It's something I struggle with. Congrats on the lifestyle change and I wish you all the best!

Think in terms of making each day a sucess. Then string 7 of those together and you just had a great week. Rinse and repeat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!