Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,843 Member
    edited April 24
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm still not a cook, nor ever really want to be, but I have perfected my rice cooker steel cut oats, almost perfected my rice cooker steamed chicken (still playing around with spices and what I do and don't like), and perfected my hard boiled eggs. (Granted, I have a hard boiled egg cooker but with a bunch of various tips from the internet came upon a winning combo to get that shell off without taking parts of the whites with it.)

Yes? Please tell me

You rock for kinda making me give out cooking tips :p

Ok, so I use an adorable 6 egg cooker where you just add the appropriate amount of water for how many eggs you're cooking (or a 1 or 2 egg omelette). Offhand I'm not sure how much water but it has to be hot.

When you put the eggs in the cooker, put them in so the bigger end is up.

Then you cover it, plug the wonder machine in, let it do it's thing, and it turns off when the water is all gone. Or beeps at you if it's all fancy.

Unplug it but let it sit covered for 10 minutes.

Then you do the cooling off thing. Running cold water over the eggs in a colander until they're more cool than warm or the old standby, letting them sit in cold water for a while (I don't have ice so it's just the water for me).

Then, when you're ready to peel the shell off (for some reason I LOVED to do this as a kid), I knock the egg (larger end) on my kitchen counter until it's cracked all around, roll it back and forth so more of the shell cracks (and little pieces of shell fall off and get all annoying trying to clean up), stand over that trash can and peel away by going for that top part first.

I'm getting less green around the yolk this way, too, but that didn't bother me. It's still delicious :)

Thank you!

omg i can't buy another single use gadget 😂
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I'm still not a cook, nor ever really want to be, but I have perfected my rice cooker steel cut oats, almost perfected my rice cooker steamed chicken (still playing around with spices and what I do and don't like), and perfected my hard boiled eggs. (Granted, I have a hard boiled egg cooker but with a bunch of various tips from the internet came upon a winning combo to get that shell off without taking parts of the whites with it.)

Yes? Please tell me

You rock for kinda making me give out cooking tips :p

Ok, so I use an adorable 6 egg cooker where you just add the appropriate amount of water for how many eggs you're cooking (or a 1 or 2 egg omelette). Offhand I'm not sure how much water but it has to be hot.

When you put the eggs in the cooker, put them in so the bigger end is up.

Then you cover it, plug the wonder machine in, let it do it's thing, and it turns off when the water is all gone. Or beeps at you if it's all fancy.

Unplug it but let it sit covered for 10 minutes.

Then you do the cooling off thing. Running cold water over the eggs in a colander until they're more cool than warm or the old standby, letting them sit in cold water for a while (I don't have ice so it's just the water for me).

Then, when you're ready to peel the shell off (for some reason I LOVED to do this as a kid), I knock the egg (larger end) on my kitchen counter until it's cracked all around, roll it back and forth so more of the shell cracks (and little pieces of shell fall off and get all annoying trying to clean up), stand over that trash can and peel away by going for that top part first.

I'm getting less green around the yolk this way, too, but that didn't bother me. It's still delicious :)

Thank you!

omg i can't buy another single use gadget 😂

pleaseletitworkpleaseletitworkpleaseletitwork :)

But...but...you can make a teeny tiny little omelette too! Or sunny side up(?) eggs. Or I think steam not a lot of vegetables :)
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    weakness: reciprocity
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    ct131jhr0b9h.gif
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    We don't talk about fight club
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    If you can't handle me at my best, you don't deserve me at my worst
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,144 Member
    Options
    If you can't handle me at my best, you don't deserve me at my worst

Haha is that how that works 😂
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You may not be getting it done in the gym....but your filter game is on point. So i guess thats something
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,222 Member
    Options
    Sooooo much stuff
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wonder what workout to do tommorow. My shoulder is pretty fked from last bench press. Might just skip chest for a few sessions... might do chest but go light a d see how it feels.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Leo_King84 wrote: »
    Wonder what workout to do tommorow. My shoulder is pretty fked from last bench press. Might just skip chest for a few sessions... might do chest but go light a d see how it feels.

There’s some great shoulder mobility vids on YouTube using bands. Has really helped me.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    You may not be getting it done in the gym....but your filter game is on point. So i guess thats something

Ooh MEEOW ! Who’s ruffled your feathers? 😁

Lol....its been a long time since I've really put much thought into internet strangers. I pretty much say nice things to those i dont find irritating, and say nothing to those that i do.....or those that i have pretty much nothing in common with But, i am still observant
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,222 Member
    Options
    Oh geez
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Leo_King84 wrote: »

There’s some great shoulder mobility vids on YouTube using bands. Has really helped me.

🤔 I’m just gonna book myself in for a massage for my shoulder.. the lass is brutal but it’s so worth the pain ☺️

Even better 😉
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    hyyy,
    I'm sorry that happened to you. She was wrong to treat you that way
  • LauraLake_Luna
    LauraLake_Luna Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My body says move, but when I move, my body is either too stiff to move or too sore to move again.
    Looking for soft & gentle exercise that doesn't involve weight bearing knee bends or hip leans.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    no thank you