Bulking and supplement tips

Options
mikeokie07
mikeokie07 Posts: 1 Member
I’m a 5’9 guy who weighs 116 pounds and i’m very active from football practice and the gym but no matter how hard i try i don’t gain i eat about 3000 calories a day while on creatine and all i’ve been doing is maintaining my weight i’m lost on what to do to gain any tips would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    3000 cals is likely still WAY below your maintenance calories considering the exercise associated with football. 4000-5000 cals/day is probably not out of the question.

If gaining is your goal, I'd add something that's not very filling, but a lot of calories to that. Like add 1000 cals of whole milk whey shakes (say 16 oz of whole milk with a scoop of whey 2x per day) to what you're already eating. Or adds a few big spoonfuls of peanut butter to what you're already consuming.

The short answer is that you're probably just not eating enough for your goal.
  • rimcdave
    rimcdave Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    GOMAD. Drink a gallon of whole milk a day in addition to your regular meals. Its cheap and easy if you are not lactose intolerant.
  • LiftAndCode
    LiftAndCode Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    what @_John_ said... Have you tried setting your MyFitnessPalApp Goals? It asks you for your height, weight, how active you are, and what your target weight is to come up with how much calories you should be eating.

Try the app. I'm assuming its going to bump you to 4k. If you feel like that is too much food for you or if you constantly miss that calorie goal try to dirty bulk until you get used to eating more. Meaning, eat more food with denser calories (more fat) such as whole milk, cheeseburgers, etc.