Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What do you do if you go over by 200 calories? 500? 1000? 3000?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    [snip]

Maybe it's a misimpression on my part - if so I apologize - but it seems from the totality of your posts that you eat quite variably, almost impulsively, reactively or randomly; then are likely to feel anxiety about it.

Overall, it's helpful to have some routine eating and activity patterns. I don't mean exactly the same thing every day, but maybe a regular rotation of meals you enjoy, from which you can select.
    Similar with exercise: Some things that work well in your routine schedule, and are enjoyable. That creates two things: A baseline "normal pattern" you can go back to without much deep thought after some off day(s), and a pattern that you can gradually adjust in more positive or useful ways as you learn more about yourself. It takes a while to establish patterns of that sort, but it's fine to take some time. Weight management is a long game, a forever endeavor.
    [snip]

@sugarfreesquirrel I too get this impression.

I took a look at your diary for this week, after your holiday ended, and noticed a trend of not balanced meals, and lack of vegetables.

What's the dates/banana/oat/milk thing? Seems like a very high amount of calories and not a lot of protein for the calories, which likely means it takes way more calories than it should in order to fill you up.

I'm curious about your lunch yesterday. It seems like you were going in one direction, and then switched gears. Or just didn't give your brain enough time to realize you were full before continuing.

Try adding vegetables. The bulk should make you feel fuller, and since they take a longer time to eat, will give your brain time to catch up.

Hey! I agree with the comment about protein, however, I don't always track vegetables. Other people in my family tend to cook dinner, so I will weigh and track the most calorific thing/things and ignore everything else. I also tend to be lazier at the end of the day.

One of the problems is, I have no idea what to eat. Still trying to out exercise a bad diet but that's not working out for me.

Yes, I also find it challenging to log at the end of the day. I have no problem logging breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack, but have to be really disciplined to log dinner and bedtime snack.

I log vegetables because it is very helpful for me to meet my fiber goal, so I track it, and also so I will eat more of them. For example, I now shoot for 100 g broccoli and prior to logging was probably eating 60. I have much more lettuce now that I log it. Etc.