šŸƒšŸ‚September Daily Weigh-in and Logging ChallengešŸ‚šŸƒ

Options
jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,748 Member
September is here! Labor Day weekend, back to school, Summerā€™s end and Fallā€™s beginning. Itā€™s truly a month of transitions.

Welcome new and returning friends! Weā€™re so glad youā€™re here on this journey with us. Each new month is a new beginning and a fresh start.

Simply copy and paste my format or use your own. Post your monthly goals and check in daily.

Together everyone achieves more!

JillšŸ‚šŸƒ
Ā«13456722

Replies

• jm216
    Options
    šŸ‚šŸƒHello, Iā€™m Jill. šŸ„°Iā€™m 53, 5ā€™7ā€ and I live in Michigan.

My goals for September :

šŸ” Yardwork
    šŸ¤æ Swim until end of September
    šŸ“ Log consistently
    šŸ¶ Walk and train puppies
    šŸ„— Continue the high-protein, lower carb, lower fat plan

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds
    August weight lost:

šŸƒšŸ‚SeptemberšŸ‚šŸƒ
    1:
  • jm216
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: Ā»
    Hi, I am Lisa. I am 57 years old, 5'5" tall and I live in Tillsonburg, Ontario. I am married with two grown sons. One son lives in town here with his girlfriend, and the other is single and lives in Zurich, Switzerland. We have a family farm supply business that I work very, very part time at, filing invoices and stuffing and mailing monthly customer statements. I damaged my knee at the end of May and by the end of June I had given up. However, losing weight would be the single greatest thing I could do to help my knees, my feet, and any other body part that is screaming at me at any given moment!! And on top of that, my son is probably going to propose to his girlfriend at Christmastime, and I do not want to be this size in the wedding photos!!

September is my favourite month, and fall is my favourite season. Let's do this!!

Hi Lisa,
    Fall is my absolute favorite season, too!
    Bring on the pumpkin spice and bring on the walking weather. Happy August 31st!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    This is a great place to join a challenge. I know how you feel wanting to get in shape for your sonā€™s wedding. This challenge should help.
    Tillsonburg is such pretty farm country. Lots of windmills there, eh? I live just a couple of hours north of you, outside of Toronto.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Lisa. I am 57 years old, 5'5" tall and I live in Tillsonburg, Ontario. I am married with two grown sons. One son lives in town here with his girlfriend, and the other is single and lives in Zurich, Switzerland. We have a family farm supply business that I work very, very part time at, filing invoices and stuffing and mailing monthly customer statements. I damaged my knee at the end of May and by the end of June I had given up. However, losing weight would be the single greatest thing I could do to help my knees, my feet, and any other body part that is screaming at me at any given moment!! And on top of that, my son is probably going to propose to his girlfriend at Christmastime, and I do not want to be this size in the wedding photos!!

September is my favourite month, and fall is my favourite season. Let's do this!!

Welcome and we can do this! My favorite season is Autumn too because it's the perfect temp here in Indiana, the colors of nature, and FOOTBALL season begins! O-H! šŸ˜ƒ If you are consistent with your logging and diet I can attest it does work (barring issues with health that can hinder). Rooting that you meet your goals!
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly. This daily group accountability is awesome! I absolutely love this group.

Goals for September:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week
    Strength training...what I can tolerate and build from there
    Hit my original goal weight of 150

I am going to be transitioning slowly to a maintaining phase of my journey. But I think I do want to get into the mid 140's. So, I want to take this month to lose weight but slow the process down. I will be doing my morning 5 mile walks during the week but I won't push myself to get the same amount of steps each day. I think about 12-15k per day will be good. I will be adding strength training. I have never been good at maintaining so this will be a learning process and I want to slow my weight loss down and gradually get there.

SW:262
    September SW:155
    September GW:150 or a few pounds into 140's
    UGW:150 or below

September:
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    This is a great place to join a challenge. I know how you feel wanting to get in shape for your sonā€™s wedding. This challenge should help.
    Tillsonburg is such pretty farm country. Lots of windmills there, eh? I live just a couple of hours north of you, outside of Toronto.

Even though I have been "away" since July, I read through all the posts since then so I knew you were from Ontario. That is why I put in my town, just in case we were neighbours! Yes, there are windmills along the lake shore. We bought my in-laws' farm last year and we inherited three windmills. Tillsonburg proper has about 19,000 people but it is definitely surrounded by farm land!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Welcome and we can do this! My favorite season is Autumn too because it's the perfect temp here in Indiana, the colors of nature, and FOOTBALL season begins! O-H! šŸ˜ƒ If you are consistent with your logging and diet I can attest it does work (barring issues with health that can hinder). Rooting that you meet your goals!

Thank you, Kelly. We look forward to football season here, too, only we cheer our team on from the family room! My husband is a Las Vegas Raiders fan (since '83,) so by extension, I am a Raiders fan as well! I know that logging works. I am not able to go on actual walks or hikes, so I just hope I can get enough steps to give me a comfortable calorie range. The last few days I have gone to work to get caught up on filing and that has done the trick.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Even though I have been "away" since July,

I thought I knew your name! I am sorry I didn't know it was from here...I thought maybe from another group. I'm glad you are back!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    jm216 wrote: Ā»

Hi Lisa,
    Fall is my absolute favorite season, too!
    Bring on the pumpkin spice and bring on the walking weather. Happy August 31st!

Thanks, Jill! I do like pumpkin spice flavoured almond milk for my coffee; haven't seen it in the store yet, though! When I am on my feet too long my leg/knee starts to ache. Sometimes it affects my sleep with all the throbbing. I wish I could go for some nice long walks this fall! Maybe I need to do some mini walks and potentially build up some endurance? I don't know, I am just guessing at this point. My MRI isn't until early December.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Even though I have been "away" since July,

I thought I knew your name! I am sorry I didn't know it was from here...I thought maybe from another group. I'm glad you are back!

I did change my profile pic from a winter shot after a walk in the snow to a shot from my nephew's wedding, so that may have thrown you off. I am glad I am back, too, so that I can be here to witness you reach goal weight!! You have been absolutely killing it on the scales and it is very inspiring and motivating for the rest of us. Thank you for bringing us all along for the ride!
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I did change my profile pic from a winter shot after a walk in the snow to a shot from my nephew's wedding, so that may have thrown you off. I am glad I am back, too, so that I can be here to witness you reach goal weight!! You have been absolutely killing it on the scales and it is very inspiring and motivating for the rest of us. Thank you for bringing us all along for the ride!

Yep, that's it. Your profile pic change threw me off. It's weird how I associate people with a visual image. You were in Jill's other thread, right? I think you had a winter hat pic? I always watched that thread and appreciated how you hung in there and kept pushing forward. I do remember you came in July...I am a dope.

Thanks for the support! It means a whole lot more than I can express!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. I am 63, married, (Greg), have one daughter, 29 (Allyson) and one 4-year-old Goldendoodle, Monty.

I started this journey in January when my husband went back to work. Decided it was time to take care of me for a change and "becoming healthy" became my job. My starting weight was somewhere around 227 - 228; let's call it 228. My first goal was to walk the Airline Trail that runs behind my house from start to finish - a 62 miles in and out trek. I posted my intention on Facebook to all my friends, so naturally could not quit! That woud be humiliating. I blogged my adventure on Facebook, documenting each day. It took me twenty-three (non-consecutive) days to complete, and I lost my first 14 pounds.

When it was done, I said - now what? A friend of mine was completing the 2,023 miles in 2023 challenge on Run the Edge - so I said that's what I would do - but instead of running I would count my Fitbit miles. My original goal was 1,960 (that was a good year) but since I started changed it to 2,023. I just reached the 1,575 mile mark - only 448 to go. When I first started, I averaged about 4-5 miles a day, now I'm up to about 7.

It was motivating, but didn't keep me as accountable as I would have liked, so in April found the challenges on My Fitness Pal. I tried MANY - but this is one that I keep. I love this group - support and accountabilty, but with no judgements. If I have a misstep, uUnlike my friends on Facebook, no need to feel humiliated by this group - just the motivation to keep going and encourangment to do my best. It has definitely been a huge part of my success so far.

My goal was to get out of the obese range and reach the 160s a 60 pound loss; but as I am getting close I may change that goal to a little lower. Thinking 145 is a nice number.

Sorry for the book today, but thought I would share my story.

Happy Fall

September Goals šŸ‚
    Lose 4 pounds āš–ļø
    Hit the 1,750 mile marker towards my 2,023 in 2,023. šŸƒā€ā™‚ļø
    Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily šŸ’¦
    Strength Train 3 days a week šŸ’Ŗ
    Tai Chi or Some Stretching exercise 1 day a week šŸ§˜
    Log my food daily šŸ–„ļø
    Do something creative daily - Knit, Crochet, Color, puzzel etc. šŸ§¶ šŸ–ļø šŸ§©

Weight Loss to Date: 48.2 Pounds
    July Ending Weight: 179.8

Aug 1: 179.8

• HASWLRS
    Options

Yep, that's it. Your profile pic change threw me off. It's weird how I associate people with a visual image. You were in Jill's other thread, right? I think you had a winter hat pic? I always watched that thread and appreciated how you hung in there and kept pushing forward. I do remember you came in July...I am a dope.

Thanks for the support! It means a whole lot more than I can express!

Yep, that was me. I wasn't sure about the daily weighing requirement, so I did that one instead. Turns out I weighed every day anyways and had the best May of my adult life! Because of the farm supply business, May around here is usually a month that you just try to get through and hope you are still standing on the other side!
  • jm216
    Options
    šŸ‚šŸƒHello, Iā€™m Jill. šŸ„°Iā€™m 53, 5ā€™7ā€ and I live in Michigan.

My goals for September :

šŸ” Yardwork
    šŸ¤æ Swim until end of September
    šŸ“ Log consistently
    šŸ¶ Walk and train puppies
    šŸ„— Continue the high-protein, lower carb, lower fat plan

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds
    August weight lost:

šŸƒšŸ‚SeptemberšŸ‚šŸƒ
    1: 200.6 Happy September 1st!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @ddainiak Thank you for sharing your book, Darlene! It is a great story and very motivational! Without being able to intentionally go on walks right now (my go-to exercise) I didn't feel I could commit to the Hogwart's Challenge or the Biggest Loser Challenge. And September is a busy month. In spite of all that, I do need to find some exercises that I can do.
  • HASWLRS
    Options

1: 206.0

Down three pounds since Sunday, when I decided to start caring about me again.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Hi! Iā€™m a grandma of 8. I am T2 diabetic. My goal is to get healthier. Iā€™ve lost 40 lbs. in the last 6 months, decreased my bp and blood sugar. I count calories, swim, and do osteoporosis prevention aerobics.

Starting weight: 230
    Goal weight: 120
    Height: 5ā€™2ā€
    Sept. Goal: 185-186 lbs.

Monthly Weight Loss:
    March-10 lbs.
    April- 8 lbs.
    May- 5 lbs.
    June- 4.4 lbs. (trip to Europe)
    July- 5.6
    August-7 lbs. joined a ā€˜challengeā€™
    September-
    October-

Sept. 1- 190.4 up from yesterday
    Sept. 2-
    Sept. 3-
    Sept. 4-
    Sept. 5-
    Sept. 6-
    Sept. 7-
    Sept. 8-
    Sept. 9-
    Sept. 10-
    Sept. 11-
    Sept. 12-
    Sept. 13-
    Sept. 14-
    Sept. 15-
    Sept. 16-
    Sept. 17-
    Sept.18-
    Sept. 19-
    Sept. 20-
    Sept. 21-
    Sept. 22-
    Sept. 23-
    Sept. 24-
    Sept. 25-
    Sept. 26-
    Sept. 27-
    Sept. 28-
    Sept. 29-
    Sept. 30-
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Options
    Lisa,
    I think itā€™s great youā€™re caring about yourself again. I know, Losing weight when Iā€™m overweight is about the best thing I can do for my health. I keep realizing more and more how important it is to my health. I read somewhere that for every pound you lose, a lot of pressure is gone from your knees and joints. I keep reminded myself of this when I only lose a percentage of a lb. It makes me feel good to know it all adds up. Wish I could give you the stats, but canā€™t remember.
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50 yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. Iā€™m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Heaviest Weight: 221 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 165
    Starting Weight Aug 2023: 212.7

September Goals:
    Lose 2 lbs. | Consistently log food | Bike &/or Treadmill 4 days a week | Aim for 7 hours sleep/day

1 Sep: 207.1
    2 Sep:

For those that are looking for alternative exercises (seated, or modified for injury), look up Justin Agustin on Facebook or Instagram. He has tons of small motions one can do to add up to a full workout. He does also have a website, but to join his full length tutorials, you have to sign up for a fee (which I've done in the past, but didn't stick with). I've used a lot of ideas from his FB and IG posts.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/justinagustinFB
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/justinagustin/

You'll need to scroll down a bit on his pages before some of these routines come up, but there are many of them. You can also search for him on YouTube.