🍃🍂September Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge🍂🍃

Options

Replies

• andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sept. 1- 141.0 I logged :)
    Sept. 2- 139.2 I logged :)
    Sept. 3- 138.6 I logged :) I think I'm experiencing some quick weight loss that can happen when I simply start watching what I eat and drinking more water.... Nice to see; it will probably steady out.
    Sept. 4- 138.8 I logged :) A potluck yesterday and out to a restaurant today; determined to log
    Sept. 5- 139.4 I liked yesterday's weight better. Oh well, keep moving forward.
    Sept. 6- 138.8 I logged! :) Did not finish logging yesterday. It was cycle day 1 and I totally blew it on calories. Next time I plan to adjust my calorie goal to maintenance on cycle day 1... maybe that will help...
    Sept. 7- 138.0 I logged :) MIL cooked a big huge dinner for us, with dessert... I went over on calories, but logged anyway.
    Sept.8- 138.2 I logged :)
    Sept. 9-
  • imaginemary
    imaginemary Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am Mary, 69 years old, 5’5”, married, one 30 yo daughter, CW 170 lbs, HW 185, GW 150, UGW 140.

Started in this group July and August held steady on weight, increased cardiovascular stamina, improved sleep, making more specific goals this month. Reading other group members’ posts for ideas.

September goals:

Weight:
    Lose 5 lbs (165 lbs)
    Daily Exercise:
    Cardio: 10k+ steps
    3x week exercise:
    Strength: 20+ min free weights
    Flexibility: 20+ min yoga/Pilates
    Nutrition:
    4-5 fruit & veg, 8 c water, high fiber

9/1: 170.4 Steps: 10,884
    9/2: DNW (Scared - Strayed from diet) Steps: 10,268
    9/3: 169.6 Steps: 7,621 Weights:✔️
    9/4: 168.2 (wow wow weird) Steps:
    9/5: DNW (Scared!) Steps: 9,181:
    9/6: DNW (See above!) Steps: 10,587:
    9/7: DNW (Sick) Steps: 7,892
    9/8: DNW (Sick) Steps: 8,528

I have been sick, doing my steps at home on elliptical. I lost track of things and my herb garden suffered but will get to get back to posting and dare to weigh in.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m a grandma of 8. I am T2 diabetic. My goal is to get healthier. I’ve lost 40 lbs. in the last 6 months, decreased my bp and blood sugar. I count calories, swim, and do osteoporosis prevention aerobics.

Starting weight: 230
    Goal weight: 120
    Height: 5’2”
    Sept. Goal: 185-186 lbs.

Monthly Weight Loss:
    March-10 lbs.
    April- 8 lbs.
    May- 5 lbs.
    June- 4.4 lbs. (trip to Europe)
    July- 5.6
    August-7 lbs. joined a ‘challenge’
    September-
    October-

Sept. 1- 190.4 up from yesterday
    Sept. 2- 190
    Sept. 3- 189.6 1hour swim
    Sept. 4- 189.8 osteo aerobics
    Sept. 5- DNW
    Sept. 6- 191.2 overate carbs and calories again. Going to make more effort to lower my carb level, and up my protein. Aerobics. I will try harder to get back and stay in the 80’s🙂
    Sept. 7-DNW overate ( won’t call it a binge )
    Sept. 8-DNW overate, spoke to nutritionist, May be limiting calories too much, leads to a binge
    Sept. 9-189.4 whaaa?
    Sept. 10-

Seen lots of medical people lately between my hubby and I. Found out somethings I didn’t know. My vomiting that I thought was caused by ozempic, isn’t. It’s caused by being diabetic and not eating. I’ll try to eat more often now. I intended to stop taking ozempic, but the endocrinologist says I need to keep on it for now. Good news, she cut the dose by 50% so I’m happy. I’ll check A1C level in future to see if it’s still good.
    Nutritionist says eating sugar alone didn’t cause the diabetes. There were other contributing factors I’m working on getting rid off, like being obese!😟
    Losing weight is more important than ever to my health and future goals. This challenge is a big help to remind me what I have to do.
    Surprised I lost weight today, but happy to see that number. I expect it to fluctuate again tomorrow. Boy, I want to stay in the 80’s.
    Going for a morning swim.

I haven’t posted for 3 days, and am happy to see all the new people that have joined this challenge. Welcome!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. I am 63, married, (Greg), have one daughter, 29 (Allyson) and one 4-year-old Goldendoodle, Monty. I have been with this group since April of this year. I love this group.

Happy Fall

September Goals 🍂
    Lose 4 pounds ⚖️
    Hit the 1,750 mile marker towards my 2,023 in 2,023. 🏃‍♂️
    16k Steps Daily 👣
    Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily 💦
    Strength Train 3 days a week💪
    Tai Chi or Some Stretching exercise 1 day a week 🧘
    Log my food daily 🖥️
    Read 📖
    Do something creative daily - Knit, Crochet, Color, puzzel etc. 🧶 🖍️ 🧩
    ⚖️ 🏃‍♂️👣💦💪🧘 🖥️ 📖🧶 🖍️ 🧩

Weight Loss to Date: 48.2 Pounds
    July Ending Weight: 179.8

Sep 1: 179.8 👣💦💪🖥️📖🧶 🖍️
    Sep 2: 179.6 👣💦🖥️📖 🖍️
    Sep 3: 179.8👣💦 🖥️ 🧶 🖍️
    Sep 4: 179.4👣💦 🖥️ 📖🧶
    Sep 5: 179.2 👣 💦🖥️ 📖
    Sep 6: 179 💦🧘🖥️We are refinishing our hallway/pantry floor this week, so emptied the pantry, washed the shelves and painted. Busy day - starting refinishing the floors today. It's surprising how much stuff I had in that pantry closet. My living room is filled with junk! Can't wait for it to be finished so I can put my house back in order. Met my 1,600 mile marker yesterday! 😁
    Sep 7: 178.6 😁 💦 🖥️ 🖍️ Had a snag in the refinishing yesterday - After sanding for a couple hours yesterday, realized the floors are in worse shape than we thought. The machine we rented wasn't powerful enough to go down as far as we need; so we returned it. Renting a different kind today - hoping it will work! If not, I think we'll need to rip it up and put down a new floor. Regardless, when they are done I will be happy- now a dusty, messy house! YUCK!
    Sep 8: 179.6 😠 It's what I "sort of" expected. Didn't eat all day yesterday until dinnertime. (Working on the floors). I didn't want to cook when were done, so we order a plain cheese pizza. Under my calories for the day, but the sodium gets me every time. On a good note, we finished sanding the floors, and they came out really nice. Today we put the polyurethane one (keeping natural); it has to dry for a couple days and then I can move the stuff back in. Then a full day (or two) of cleaning the rest of the rooms. Even though you put up plastic to keep the dust out - it travels everywhere! Can't wait!
    Sep 9: 179.8 😠 Don't like the direction I'm going. Hoping it will swish down when I get back into my normal routine. Although I walked yesterday - it was in little spirts - a mile at a time. Although I stayed within my calorie budget, didn't have time to make healty things and didn't eat at regular times. Was ravenous at the end of the day and had salty cashews before I went to bed. On a better note, two coats of polyurethane down. Two (or three if we need it) more today. It's getting close!
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Buckeyebabe7l7 Posts: 603 Member
    Options

9/7: DNW (Sick) Steps: 7,892
    9/8: DNW (Sick) Steps: 8,528

I have been sick, doing my steps at home on elliptical. I lost track of things and my herb garden suffered but will get to get back to posting and dare to weigh in.

Sorry you're sick, hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options

Seen lots of medical people lately between my hubby and I. Found out somethings I didn’t know. My vomiting that I thought was caused by ozempic, isn’t. It’s caused by being diabetic and not eating. I’ll try to eat more often now. I intended to stop taking ozempic, but the endocrinologist says I need to keep on it for now. Good news, she cut the dose by 50% so I’m happy. I’ll check A1C level in future to see if it’s still good.
    Nutritionist says eating sugar alone didn’t cause the diabetes. There were other contributing factors I’m working on getting rid off, like being obese!😟
    Losing weight is more important than ever to my health and future goals. This challenge is a big help to remind me what I have to do.
    Surprised I lost weight today, but happy to see that number. I expect it to fluctuate again tomorrow. Boy, I want to stay in the 80’s.
    Going for a morning swim.

I haven’t posted for 3 days, and am happy to see all the new people that have joined this challenge. Welcome!

I'm glad you were able to figure out what was causing you to be sick and take the appropriate steps to correct it. Hope you will feel better as you move forward. Here's to you staying in the 80's...🤞

• Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    @ddainiak Sorry you have been struggling with being on a normal routine...that always throws me off too! Can't wait to see the finished floor...(this is me hoping for pics) 😊
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Going to the Washington State University vs. Wisconsin football game this afternoon. My exercise will be walking from free parking to and from the stadium on the hilly WSU campus and cheering for the Cougs. Both of my daughters graduated from WSU and my softball buddy I'm going to the game with was an instructor at WSU. So, lots of money and time invested in WSU. What a charmed life I'm blessed to have. GO COUGS!!!!!!

Sep 4: 190.0
    Sep:5: 189.6
    Sep 6: 188.0
    Sep 7: 187.6
    Sep 8: 185.6
    Sep 9: 186.0
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    @Buckeyebabe7l7 thanks. I’m happy to be able to stop vomiting when I exercise. I know it sounds ridiculous. It was very wierd. I think I’m starting to recognize certain ways my body is telling me to eat something. I have a lot to learn about diabetes.
    BTW your stats are amazing and very inspirational. Good luck on the final steps of your weight loss journey.
    @ddainiak salt does it to me every time. I can easily gain a lb. Or 2 overnight. But then usually lose it in a couple of days.
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sept. 1- 141.0 I logged :)
    Sept. 2- 139.2 I logged :)
    Sept. 3- 138.6 I logged :) I think I'm experiencing some quick weight loss that can happen when I simply start watching what I eat and drinking more water.... Nice to see; it will probably steady out.
    Sept. 4- 138.8 I logged :) A potluck yesterday and out to a restaurant today; determined to log
    Sept. 5- 139.4 I liked yesterday's weight better. Oh well, keep moving forward.
    Sept. 6- 138.8 I logged! :) Did not finish logging yesterday. It was cycle day 1 and I totally blew it on calories. Next time I plan to adjust my calorie goal to maintenance on cycle day 1... maybe that will help...
    Sept. 7- 138.0 I logged :) MIL cooked a big huge dinner for us, with dessert... I went over on calories, but logged anyway.
    Sept.8- 138.2 I logged :)
    Sept. 9- 138.0
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50 yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. I’m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Heaviest Weight: 221 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 165
    Starting Weight Aug 2023: 212.7

September Goals:
    Lose 2 lbs. | Consistently log food | Bike &/or Treadmill 4 days a week | Aim for 7 hours sleep/day

1 Sep: 207.1
    2 Sep: 206.6
    3 Sep: 207.1 - We had chips+ with our salads yesterday. Still logged it all, but knew the number would go up. Also entering cycle bloat, so this will fluctuate over the next week. Cycles are in sometimes mode, and irregular with M, so who knows right now. : )
    4 Sep: 208.6 - Bloat + an open bag of pretzels. But it's back to food & exercise plan today. :)
    5 Sep: 207.6
    6 Sep: 206.7
    7 Sep: 206.8
    8 Sep: 206.9
    9 Sep: 208.2 -- Pizza & sodium. I haven't had pizza in weeks and to be honest, when we went to bed last night, both my husband and I felt gross after greasy food and we both said we're looking forward to salads tomorrow. :) This morning I'm going to Instapot a bunch of chicken breasts that we can use on salads and in soup for the week ahead. I'm glad we've detoxed enough to notice how less healthy food feels when we have it. It's been a while since we could tell the difference.
    10 Sep:
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,163 Member
    Options
    145320379.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Aug 31st): 191.8
    Goal: 187.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx

**************************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME************************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01-193.2-(Trend Weight 195.0)-

09/02-192.2-(Trend Weight 194.7)-

09/03-NWP-(Trend Weight 194.7)-

09/04-193.6-(Trend Weight 194.6)-

09/05-192.0-(Trend Weight 194.3)-

09/06-192.0-(Trend Weight 194.1)-

09/07-191.0-(Trend Weight 193.8)-

09/08-DNW-(Trend Weight DNW)- Met my new family doctor yesterday and was very impressed. He is checking my thyroid because too much hormone in my system may indicate that I can lower my medications (possibly). That would be due to my weight loss since last year. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? I find out Monday. I woke up today at 6:15 to get DGS ready for school and drive him to the bus stop for the 1st time. I forgot to weigh due to the difference in my routine. Drank too much coffee before I remembered. I will update everything tomorrow but I suspect it is near the same, perhaps slightly higher due to no TMI x 2.

09/09-192.0-(Trend Weight 193.6)- What I have come to realize: I really thought I could “undo” the good of the day with a splurge or a binge moment at night that totally ruins my macros/calorie count/carbs for the day. But truthfully, I can’t undo it AT ALL. That great low cal and/or low carb breakfast I ate, well, I still ate it. That Intermittent fasting, well, it really happened. That exercise I did in the afternoon, well, I still did it. That carefully planned healthy dinner I cooked and stuck to, well that didn’t change at all. A foolish mistake is just something I added to my still great habits I’ve formed. It may or may not change the scale for the worse, yes it’s true, but in no way shape or form does it “undo” all the good I did that day. Our good habits with food and exercise really really count! We can never undo something we’ve already done! You know, it’s funny how we Know we can’t undo something bad we’ve eaten or exercise we’ve missed, but we don’t realize we can’t undo something good either. Just a thought I wanted to share today, my friends. Let’s just keep going. {{Hugs}} to you all.

09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • makanacapellocullen
    Options
    Starting weight: 302.6
    Goal weight: 150
    Height: 5’5”
    Sept. Goal: 294

Sept. 1: 302.6
    Sept. 2: 302.4
    Sept. 3: 302
    Sept. 4: 301.2
    Sept. 5: 301
    Sept. 6: 301.3
    Sept. 7: 300.3
    Sept. 8: 301.5
    Sept. 9: 301.1
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    Going to the Washington State University vs. Wisconsin football game this afternoon. My exercise will be walking from free parking to and from the stadium on the hilly WSU campus and cheering for the Cougs. Both of my daughters graduated from WSU and my softball buddy I'm going to the game with was an instructor at WSU. So, lots of money and time invested in WSU. What a charmed life I'm blessed to have. GO COUGS!!!!!!

Have so much fun! I love football and can't wait to go to the Purdue-Ohio State game this season. ❤️🏈❤️
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I am 52 and watch my grandkids 5 days a week. I watch 4 of them 5 days a weeks and 6 on Wednesdays so I keep busy with babies all week. They are all 3yrs and under. I weigh weekly. This daily group accountability is awesome! I absolutely love this group.

Goals for September:
    Walk for 30 minutes a day 6 days a week
    Log all my food daily
    Hit at least 10,000 steps 6 days a week
    Strength training...what I can tolerate and build from there
    Hit my original goal weight of 150

I am going to be transitioning slowly to a maintaining phase of my journey. But I think I do want to get into the mid 140's. So, I want to take this month to lose weight but slow the process down. I will be doing my morning 5 mile walks during the week but I won't push myself to get the same amount of steps each day. I think about 12-15k per day will be good. I will be adding strength training. I have never been good at maintaining so this will be a learning process and I want to slow my weight loss down and gradually get there.

SW:262
    September SW:155
    September GW:150 or a few pounds into 140's
    UGW:150 or below

September:
    1. Logged, rest day
    2. Logged, walked, 10k+
    3. Logged, walked, 10k+, strength training
    4. Logged, walked, 10k+, strength training
    5. Logged, walked, 15k+, strength training
    6. Logged, walked, 15k+, weight 154.4
    7. Logged, walked, 16k+, strength training
    8. Logged, walked, 17k+, strength training
    9. Logged, walked, 11k+

I went with my husband and all my grands to a very popular Amish/Mennonite town that has so many great stores and entertainment. We decided to do an animal park on a farm there that we have never done before and it was so fun for all the kids and the adults! They had so many cool animals there and we did a wagon ride that allowed us to feed and get up close and personal. But it was amazing! Here's a couple pics of the day.

9k8hvtrg1tzk.jpeg
    rkbcx7av46ue.jpeg
    tox1e4k2c9od.jpeg
    8qppy4q6sytj.jpeg
    zeejeyafkmf4.jpeg
    lnfh9y2ov74z.jpeg
    2bnt31n14azi.jpeg
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @buckeyebabe717 - adoreable pictures!
    @Melwillbehealthy - glad to hear you may be feeling better soon!
    @imaginemary - hope you are feeling better soon!
    @jm216 - congrats on hitting your mini-goal!
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi, All! I'm a 46 year-old, 5'4" mom of four who always has some new ailment each month. Lol. My sciatica has finally subsided but I still have this lingering, painful rotator cuff/deltoid sprain. I'm a two-time cancer survivor and, as a result, it seems that I am prone to injury and slow healing. I've had some allergic reactions again, so daily and accurate logging is essential. My fitness goals are to continue my PT exercises, take more walks in this glorious fall weather, enjoy playing rugby when I can, and drop down into a new decade.

9/1: I forgot to hit save. Lol.
    9/2: 183.2
    9/3: DNW
    9/4: DNW
    9/5: 182.4
    9/6: 181.4
    9/7: DNW
    9/8: 181.7
    9/9: 180.8 - newest injury to add to the list- a jammed thumb. Always something! Lol!
  • Buckeyebabe7l7
    Options
    @BittersweetVita Thanks 😊 and you sound like me...if there is a way to injure myself I WILL find the way. Hope you heal quickly.
  • Laufmane
    Laufmane Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Here in hopes to shed some baby weight, I am pretty good with daily excercices but my diet is a mess right now 🙈

September Start Weight: 59.8kg / 131.8lbs (Aug 31st)
    September Goal Weight: 57.x kg/ 125lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 55kg / 121 lbs

Sept 01: 59.6 kg / 131.4 lbs
    Sept 02: 59.7 kg / 131.6 lbs
    Sept 03: 59.7 kg / 131.6 lbs (uh, not too excited about stepping on the scales tomorrow.. sweets are my kryptonite)
    Sept 04: 59.5kg / 131.2 lbs (this made me smile in the morning, maybe should stick to sweets then, jk)
    Sept 05: 59.5kg /131.2 lbs
    Sept 06: 59.6kg / 131.4 lbs (enjoyed some cake as today my baby turns 1)
    Sept 07: 59.5 kg /131.2 lbs
    Sept 08: 59.3 kg / 130.7 lbs (had a big family gathering to celebrate my one year old)
    Sept 09: 59.7 kg / 131.6 lbs