LESS Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,418 Member
    12 AF
    8 A
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 685 Member
    Such a full day of meetings and unexpected u-turns! Have an early morning tomorrow so posting tonight.

Goal: 20 or more AF days in Sept.
    Current:
    AF - 12
    A - 8
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,710 Member
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Had a strange experience this afternoon. While waiting at a traffic signal light I was front ended! The gal in front of me backed up and hit the front of my car pretty good. Apparently she had changed her mind about turning left so she wanted to back up and get around the car in front of her to change lanes. I’m shocked but very happy my car didn’t get a scrape. I felt bad for her with two little kids and that she’ll have to deal with her own rear bumper damage (albeit small).

Told my daughter and she said “wine tonight!” I laughed and said I was startled for a minute but no wine tonight and am following through. I want that scale to move in the right direction this week.

Current:
    AF - 12
    A - 7

So glad you’re OK!
  • Womona
    Not a good month...Upcoming yearly appointment with heart doctor...anxiety...take a few glasses of wine....not a good thing to do...skip the wine for a week...more anxiety...take a few bottles of wine...WTF...then just a few glasses...Wish this was June, no anxiety...Damn, I'm 77 in a few days, can't I just act like a grownup ??
    No "hugs" please...I'd probably be more receptive to a sharp slap across the face...Ugh....Come October it will all be over ...
    As with most doctor appointments...are you having "X " symptoms?" "No" "Have you experienced " Y" "Nope" "Are you okay with "Z" issues ? "no, that's fine " . Okey-Dokey- You're excellent !!
    Meanwhile..."Q" is driving you CRAZY...and you go on to murder your Mother-In -Law...NOT!!!.
    NOT happening in MY world, since I ADORE my MIL...but...

Gotta get off and attend to other things as my #2 SIL is now e-mailing with some of his MAGA /conspiracy /theory
    issues . No longer defending, etc, just nodding and humming. No disrespect to True Believers, just ....meh.

Why do I drink ???

Excellent question, and one we all struggle with. Also how easy alcohol goes down, especially when we’ve had a day. Good luck at the cardiologist, and happy birthday!
  • Womona
    itladyee wrote: »
    Well, I was excited to see the results of my "experiment" but it went quickly off course as my sister passed the evening of Sept 4th and it's been an emotional rollercoaster since then. This week, I'm getting myself back on track as far as exercise goes. This weekend I will establish a plan for eating and drinking (back to my experiment) and resume the last week of Sept until the last week of Oct when I go on vacation.

Oh no! I’m so terribly sorry to hear this! My deepest condolences.

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    AF yesterday. No plans to drink today.

9 AF, 7 LA, 4 A

-m
  • Womona
    6 AF days so far this month, which is more than I’ve had for a long time, so I will take the win. I have book club tonight and will only nurse one glass of wine. Micro-sips to the rescue! I definitely notice that my weight plummets when I have an AF night, but jacks up when I have even a low amount of alcohol.

I was AF last night, but had terrible insomnia. Perimenopause? Who knows.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    @xbowhunter : Nice job! I get the same boost when I get into the AF groove.
    @Womona : I have the same experience with alcohol. A small amount bumps up my weight. If you can nurse a single drink all night: nice! It's usually none or 2-3 for me.

I've been really trying to get back to "work mode" with no drinking on work nights (Sun - Thurs) and no more than 2 drinks (typ. beers) on Friday or Saturday night. It's been particularly hard, for some reason. After several false starts, I may have it this week! 🤞
  • Michieb125
    edited September 2023
    Tomatoes have really delivered this summer and are still going. Have been using for fresh salsa and Italian sauces. Need to prep more to freeze05q35z8dhoc5.jpeg

• Michieb125
    @itladyee so very sorry to hear of your beloved sister, my sincerest condolences. Take care
    of yourself.
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    AF yesterday, no plans to drink today.

10 AF, 7 LA, 4 A

If I count drinking less as still drinking, it'd be 10:11 with eight days left in the month so not bad.

-m
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,418 Member
    12 AF
    10 A
  • Womona
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    19 AF
    2 A

I will be alcohol free until my nephews wedding on Oct 21st. I now only consume on very special occasions. I feel liberated from the grasp of alcohol, and it feels spectacular!

I am so happy for you! You give us all great hope.
  • Womona
    edited September 2023
    Hello everyone!

Well, Thursday I folded like a cheap suit, and imbibed in a glass of wine after work even though Wine Night was initially cancelled by me (we had an extra bottle laying around), then I went to book club and had another glass. Ugh. I hate how quick I am to reach for a glass of wine.

Yesterday, no alcohol on the golf course (I’ll take the win!), but still drank two glasses- one lunch, one dinner. Didn’t need the one at dinner.

As of today, I am recommitting to assessing how I feel/why I want wine when I think of pouring myself a glass. I’m vigilant for about a week, and then iI can’t sustain the mindfulness. How do I sustain it for the long run? I feel the pull of the “a little bit more” Devil lately. Where’s my crucifix? Haha!

Meanwhile insomnia is making me keep Vampire hours. Ugh!

Good news is DD1 is coming down for a visit today!
  • Michieb125
    edited September 2023
    Hello LA friends,

Turned last night into a little fun by making a yummy homemade pizza with DH. Used extra calories to include some very nice planned white wine. Wow, I will say both were delicious. I will definitely plan for some extra activity today!

@Womona I can totally relate to the “pull” of okay I’m going to have wine vs. no, it’s my AF day and I’ll push through. There’s the saying that our very best-laid plans sometimes don’t turn out…..But sometimes they do! Enjoy your DD1!

Current:
    AF - 13
    A - 9