Abu Musa here | 16Kg lost in 4 months | Riyadh (KSA)

Options
nasim_nasri
nasim_nasri Posts: 19 Member
edited September 2023 in Success Stories
Assalamu Alaikum / Hello,

I have lost by the grace of Allah 16 KG in 4 months.

I need to go more, need advice. I had borderline sugar but no more.

I am 40 and energy looks like 20 (Alhumdulilah)

Need advice how to go one step more to reach my desire goal of 78kg.

I am 85kg now.

Thanks in advance.

Also I need word of appreciation so I can continue this amazing journey

جزاک اللہ خیرا

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,221 Member
    Options
    You have done very well - may you continue to progress!

Losing 4kg per month is quite a fast loss rate. At 85kg with a goal of 78kg, I would suggest slowing your weight loss rate at this point. Slower loss will give you better nutrition and let you continue at good energy and best health. Something in the range of half a kg per week would be reasonable, but slower is fine, too. You have already achieved important health benefits!

The challenge for you now will be to find the ways of eating and being active that will bring you to your goal of 78kg, but more importantly keep you at a healthy weight long term. Slowing your weight loss will help you find and practice those long-term habits. It will also increase your odds of continuing good health and energy. The body is more stressed by fast loss, the lighter it becomes, because there is less fat still to be lost.

(Translating for other USA-ians, that's 187 pounds, aiming for about 172, so about 15 pounds to go. I'm suggesting a loss rate of 1.1 pound/week or less, going forward.)

Best wishes as you continue!
  • yffudcm
    yffudcm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's quite impressive. I worked and lived in KSA for years. I know that there are gyms in Riyadh. Do you do weight training? If not, I was a certified fitness trainer and I would be happy to help you set up a program.
  • nasim_nasri
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You have done very well - may you continue to progress!

Losing 4kg per month is quite a fast loss rate. At 85kg with a goal of 78kg, I would suggest slowing your weight loss rate at this point. Slower loss will give you better nutrition and let you continue at good energy and best health. Something in the range of half a kg per week would be reasonable, but slower is fine, too. You have already achieved important health benefits!

The challenge for you now will be to find the ways of eating and being active that will bring you to your goal of 78kg, but more importantly keep you at a healthy weight long term. Slowing your weight loss will help you find and practice those long-term habits. It will also increase your odds of continuing good health and energy. The body is more stressed by fast loss, the lighter it becomes, because there is less fat still to be lost.

(Translating for other USA-ians, that's 187 pounds, aiming for about 172, so about 15 pounds to go. I'm suggesting a loss rate of 1.1 pound/week or less, going forward.)

Best wishes as you continue!

Excellent advice and taken, yes I will go slowly slowly. I am doing swimming, I am loving swimming, I learned swimming via Personal Trainer and I think it helped a lot.
  • nasim_nasri
    Options
    yffudcm wrote: »
    That's quite impressive. I worked and lived in KSA for years. I know that there are gyms in Riyadh. Do you do weight training? If not, I was a certified fitness trainer and I would be happy to help you set up a program.

I am using Fitness Time GYM. I think you must know fitness Time then :). But I am doing swimming and walking.

Yes please help me setup a program.

Many Thanks

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!