Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I honestly can't remember the last time I had chicken breast. Even on a roasted whole chicken it's the least flavorful and driest and super easy to overcook. My go to meat proteins in order of most consumed are:

- Boneless/skinless chicken thighs
    - Talapia
    - Flank Steak
    - Lean ground beef
    - Salmon
    - Tuna
    - Pork chops/pork tenderloin
    - Chicken wings

@cwolfman13 How do you cook pork tenderloin? I'm never happy with how it comes out - too dry. If you use a thermometer, to what temperature do you cook it?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I honestly can't remember the last time I had chicken breast. Even on a roasted whole chicken it's the least flavorful and driest and super easy to overcook. My go to meat proteins in order of most consumed are:

- Boneless/skinless chicken thighs
    - Talapia
    - Flank Steak
    - Lean ground beef
    - Salmon
    - Tuna
    - Pork chops/pork tenderloin
    - Chicken wings

@cwolfman13 How do you cook pork tenderloin? I'm never happy with how it comes out - too dry. If you use a thermometer, to what temperature do you cook it?

140ish and let the tenderloin rest tented in foil for about 10 minutes. The temp should creep up to around 145-150. There's lots of ways to cook tenderloin. Generally I stuff it using the handle of my old fashioned potato masher, after I make a pilot hole and then using a piping bag fill it up then pan sear and then roast to those internal temps. Same same if not stuffing, pan sear then roast. There's many other methods of cooking but this is my go to and gives the best bang for the buck according to my guests.
  • gains4lif3
    gains4lif3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I’m with you on thinking chicken breast is mid. I have been favoring chicken drumsticks, they never get old for me :)
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian who gets over 140 grams of protein on workout days. i haven't eaten chicken since 1993, and to be honest, i never liked chicken breasts. i eat 0% yogurt, egg whites, protein powder, edamame, tempeh, lean high protein tofu and stuff made with it (which is usually tastier than anything i can make with it). cottage cheese, cheese, and the list goes on.

when i was still eating meat and bodybuilding, i used to eat tons of tuna and protein bars, sometimes lean beef, egg whites, and more tuna... i only ate chicken breasts that were so marinated that i couldn't taste what they were :D
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    gains4lif3 wrote: »
    I’m with you on thinking chicken breast is mid. I have been favoring chicken drumsticks, they never get old for me :)

They are the worst. I'd rather not eat than have them. I've been eating thighs lately and I'm not going back
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian who gets over 140 grams of protein on workout days. i haven't eaten chicken since 1993, and to be honest, i never liked chicken breasts. i eat 0% yogurt, egg whites, protein powder, edamame, tempeh, lean high protein tofu and stuff made with it (which is usually tastier than anything i can make with it). cottage cheese, cheese, and the list goes on.

when i was still eating meat and bodybuilding, i used to eat tons of tuna and protein bars, sometimes lean beef, egg whites, and more tuna... i only ate chicken breasts that were so marinated that i couldn't taste what they were :D

I'm working on revising my diet to include many non chicken breast items.i hate them. Thanks for the insight.