How long has your journey been?

Options

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    In November it will be 2 full years for me. By that time I get here I hope to be maintaining my loss.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    It's been over 2 years.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I started back in January of this year but I didn't start using MFP again until May.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Started February 18, 2013

SW 204
    CW 153.4
    GW 140
  • armymom5
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! I find it so motivating to read your stories :):smile:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear from some of you how long your journey has been.
    I started at the end of March 2012; took 2 months to lose 4#. I didn't hear about MFP until Sept 2012; wish I'd know about it from day one! Yesterday made 365 consecutive days logging in to MFP!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in October 2011and lost about 5 LBS. Then I went on a cruise and then it was the holidays and then it was winter..you know, all those excuses. I finally got serious in April 2012. I haven't looked back since!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Today makes exactly 2 months since I joined MFP after truly becoming serious about being healthier. Needless to say, I'm only in the beginning of my story, and I'm hopeful there are many good things to come.

Edited because I can't count.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    May 2012
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    70 pounds so far in 18 months. Slower than I'd like, but I'm getting there and the time would go by whether I was losing or not!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 170 pounds almost 2 years ago (day 720 logging today). At my absolute highest I was 200. I hit my goal a few weeks ago and am now working on learning what it takes to maintain.
  • tavinsmom
    Options
    January 2013, down 30lbs as of August 31 2013.

I'm exercising more now, so hoping to start losing a little quicker now..
  • jmreich30
    jmreich30 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Finally got serious 7 months ago. Summer has been probably the slowest for me, just a lot of weekend fun trips w/o monitoring my calorie intake and no working out :( Going to be picking it up again as it gets cooler out ;)

SW:319
    CW:239
    GW:195
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Since 1981-82 when I lost my weight. Been interested in weight management & exercise ever since. Initially joined MFP in 2010 (this is my 3rd accnt, I've come & gone a couple times). I continue to learn, so I see no need to quit.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    THIS journey now, it has been 2 years, except for the 9 months that I was pregnant :)

Other than that, I've been struggling to lose weight for 12+ years.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going on 4 years. I've fallen off the wagon a few times, but overall I've almost lost 100 lbs, a goal that seemed impossible when I started. Now the smaller goals seem just as hard, but I know it will happen eventually, just like that almost 100 lbs.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just started in June this year and discovered this site at the same time. After browsing for a month, I finally start an account here.
    3 months and 6kg (13 pounds) lost. Mostly water weight I guess but it put me closer to my ideal BMI.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Between mid-2010 through April 2011 I went from 238lbs to 170 for my wedding. Unfortunately I cut out way too many foods that I like and in the last few months wasn't eating nearly enough so after my wedding I ended up gaining back the majority of the weight VERY quickly.

I started MFP Sept 2012 at 234 and am sitting at about 147 now.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Have lost these 77 pounds since January 2012. 10-15 more to goal. Will likely be logging for the rest of my life as I never, ever want to deal with this kind of weight loss again. Being healthy is so much more fun.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    5 months so far. NOt bad and I enjoy discovering the NEW me