How long has your journey been?

Options

Replies

• skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My journey started March 28, 2012 (Almost a year and half). I have lost 152 pounds. The last 20 are the hardest but I will get there! Good luck
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Joined May 2011, dropped around 85 lbs, ran a marathon last year and training soon for a 50 mile ultra

the journey has no end..it's become a lifestyle :-)
  • pattyfitzroy
    Options
    For me since 2/7/2013

Starting Weight 231.6
    Goal Weight 155
    Current Weight 184.5
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A little over 18 months with 6 of the 18 maintaining.

SW-234(2/2012)
    GW-134(3/2012)
    CW-132
  • CheriBC34
    Options
    January 3, 2012 my life changed forever! Thankfully I found myfitnesspal just in time. I haven't looked back since and MFP is truly the best thing that has happened to me. I can't tell people enough about it. I've seen friends that I haven't seen since high school and they thought I had surgery to lose the weight. They were AMAZED that I did it the "old-fashioned" way with eating less and exercising more...amazing huh? I am the hap hap happiest I've been in my entire life and I owe it ALL to my best friend.....MYFITNESSPAL!!!!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    90 days as of today! And still going strong!
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I started on 14th July 2012. So 419 days so far. Almost there (98lbs lost, 2 more for the round 100lbs) but not too worried when it happens now.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    7 months, 4 days
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    this time around is since August 13the but this is my fourth time and hopefully last. I pretty much struggled with my weight since I had my oldest son and got married at 16.. I am 36 now. So I have lost weight very successfully three other times but let myself gain it back eventually. I am ready to do this for life. I don't even refer to it as a diet. Its a lifestyle change really. I already lost weight and made good changes to my diet and exercise habits since August 13. SO I am doing all right. I just eat right and exercise really.
  • rramirez1272
    rramirez1272 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey June 1, 2006. I started at 316lbs and thought I really wasn't going to lose weight. As of today I'm 156.6 and hopefully can reach 145lbs.
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love reading all of the sucess stories and support here! I would love to hear from some of you how long your journey has been.

One year today! :D And officially at my goal weight. My original goal was to lost 30 lbs, but I actually wanted to lose 40 but didn't know if I could do it. I have, and am officially at the same weight I put on my first driver's license at age 16!!!

My loss was mostly in the first 9 months, that is when I hit my initial goal. After that I raised my calories a little bit and haven't been as intent on losing a certain amount by a certain time but by staying within my goals, still made it to 40 lbs lost in one year.

The thing I am most happy about though is it's really been a lifestyle change. I incorporated small changes every couple weeks to eat healthier and in more reasonable portions, so I am not depriving myself of anything I love and I really think it will be sustainable.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My weight loss struggles started when I was around 12 years old. I gained ten lbs, tried to lose it, starting lying about the food I was eating. Then I let it get out of control for the next 30 years or so, until my body told me I had to do something. I started having pain which took six months to be diagnosed as gallstones. I noticed when I ate better, I felt better.

I started this journey on October 14, 2012.

SW - 293.4
    Today - 230.2
    GW - 176 (40% weight loss)

In 10.5 months, I've lost 63.2lbs. I don't care if it takes another ten months, two years or the rest of my life, I will never go back to the way I was before.

That's a long way to answer...I've been on this journey for most of my life and I will be on it for the rest of my life.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Pretty much since junior high- so 27 years? Dammit. I guess I don't want it to end anytime soon though...
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Oh, gosh. I don't know how to answer that. I've been overweight since I was a child. I tried some stupid diets in the past: grapefruit diet, cabbage soup diet, phen-fen, keto. All the fads, basically. I would lose some, then regain it all plus more. I reached my highest weight in 2012 and injured myself which scared me into finally getting serious. I started out on October 1, 2012 weighing 347.2 pounds and I'm currently at 209.6. So, eleven months and change? My goal is 20% body fat, so somewhere around 140 - 150 depending on how much lean mass I can retain.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I started in January 2011 and found MFP a couple months later. I lost about 3/4 of the weight by May 2011 and decided to start maintenance. I've slowly lost a few more lbs over the years but have been in maintenance mode for a little over 2 years now. Still logging every day though my goals have changed :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I started watching my weight at about 14, so 38 years so far. Hoping to more than double that before the journey ends.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Since July 22nd 2013.
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yep, too long thanks to taking "breaks", highest weight was 273 in 2006, just now getting down to close to 200...
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Coming up on 4 years. Took me 11 months to lose 43 lbs originally. Since then I have been maintaining. I am up a little more than I want to be right now, so I am working at losing about 6-8 lbs, definitely not more than 10. The going is even slower this time. Frustrating, but I know that if I stick with it I will win!!

Regardless, I am so much healthier now.
  • AtlantisLoss
    AtlantisLoss Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Started about 10 days ago. Although it sounds short, this is the longest I've ever stuck with a diet.