Looking for some motivating fitness pals

Options
Hi I'm a returning MFP user with a goal to lose about 30 to 40 pounds. I usually add what I eat and activities to my diary. Im a pretty healthy eater an "almost"vegan as far as what I do and dont eat. Although I try to avoid labels. I use a polar calorie counter for accuracy. I'm 5'7 and just trying to stay in tune with myself and be positive L
looking for some pals to keep myself more accountable.

Finding people on here isn't as easy as it used to be.

Replies

• Livin_At_The_Gym
    Livin_At_The_Gym Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also in the “back at it” club. I have lost 98 pounds and still going. Also eating a blue zone vegan diet using IF which has helped tremendously. Feel free to add me if you would like but either way, all the best on achieving your goals.

Be Well,
    ~J~
  • gains4lif3
    gains4lif3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there! That is a very achievable goal! Feel free to add me as well, to help motivate you in your journey ! I typically check my friends’ statuses every night to see if they’re still logging :)
  • krismurphydc
    krismurphydc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. You can add me as well. I'm just getting back to MFP after 2 years. I lost 60 lbs 3 years ago and put back 40 ever since I stopped tracking. I'm looking for accountability buddies.
  • Quincy_RainbowFrg
    Options
    I don't know how to friend request or add anyone. Can anyone help me?
  • Quincy_RainbowFrg
    Options
    Looking for a few accountability buddies in my time zone..East Standard Time... or even an hour behind.
  • pacward2676
    pacward2676 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also having difficulty w navigating the feed- can’t seem to know how to friend or follow. I received a friend request and can’t find where to accept.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey from Ireland you got it and welcome back 🎉 Today was the day I made the leap to come back too ☺ I've been popping on but not doing much kinda lost focus but have been working on my food intake the last few months and as of today I am down 35.4lbs again so heading in the right direction. Would love to be friends with other like minded peeps, feel free to add me 💃
  • Winning4EJ
    Winning4EJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Hi go to friends then in upper right corner click the plus symbol , add the persons profile name then yours in the fields provided , keying a message is optional then send.

Hopefully that helps
  • Surfydel
    Surfydel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to be included in your group!
    I am new to MFP. Came from Noom. Would like to know lore about the “polar” process you use for food management.
  • Winning4EJ
    Options
    I am also having difficulty w navigating the feed- can’t seem to know how to friend or follow. I received a friend request and can’t find where to accept.

Do you use a cell phone when accessing the app? I find that's easier to navigate.
  • Winning4EJ
    Options

Go to friends then requests should show somewhere then click the check mark to accept or x to decline
  • VRTC1960
    VRTC1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    All those words didn't help me, but I found a video on YouTube that shows the phone screen steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s4YOKtmrHU

I'm going to try the same things from the "Friends" page on the desktop version. First go to the "Friends" page with the button on your Home page (see the image below)

hl8opj0ik5mj.png

• VRTC1960
    Options

I tried adding you as a friend from the mobile app, and I sent you a message in the MFP desktop app. Maybe that makes us contacts who can add each other?
  • VRTC1960
    Options
    Found a better source and I think it worked! Go to the "Help" option at the top of your "HOME" page:
    wdf322vpeeno.png

Once there, choose the "Social Features" button, and look for the question "How do I invite a current member to be my friend on MyFitnessPal?". It give detailed directions how to do it from several different places in the site.
  • VRTC1960
    Options

See my message just above this one (I hope) about getting the steps from the website help. Worked for me, I think I invited you just now.