I'm back after a decade and could do with some friends!

Options
It's so daunting starting all over again. It's been so long since I've used MFP and it all feels shiny and new again. I'm 31 from England, I need to lose over half of my body weight and I would love some friends :smile:

Replies

• Vazquezkm2017
    Vazquezkm2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there. My name is Krista. I am in Central Kentucky in the US. I could use a friend and accountability partner as well. I am a bit older but have about the same goal I need to lose about 75 lbs. I am going to be eating better by tracking it here and also using ALLI prescribed by dietician. and starting an easy impact free exercise plan. due to spinal issues. Nice to meet you!
  • mlconstant5
    mlconstant5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Krissy,
    I just sent you a friend request. I just recently joined MFP and in search of a few friends on here.
  • Surfydel
    Surfydel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Patience. Not just a virtue. It is a mantra. What I have learned about this journey is that it can happen overnight. And that as much as I want to see results I have to look at other small changes. Like how my pants are fitting more loosely. Or that I sleep better. Or I’m having less back pain.
    Some changes that I have seen is my interest in sweets. And it is because I’m eating better and trying to do what movement I can and when I can. And making better choices not only for me but for my family and they are liking the better meals.

So yeah, it is slow. It is hard to discern whether I’m making strides in the right direction. But my hope is my body will tell me I’m going in the right direction and that it will show in the ways I want it to… eventually.
  • beabenitez1978
    beabenitez1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am with you girl!! Simply one day at a time!! At least that's the goal right now for me. Log my food, do some exercise.. :)
  • cucumbercupcake
    Options
    Me too! Hit menopause, and grew a belly that looks pregnant!
    Would love a friend or two to go on this journey with.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ha! I’m back too! Lost 18kg, got rid of the looser ex, found an amazing partner, loving life and put it all back on. Getting back on track with tracking.

Fell off the wagon two weeks ago, spent a week and a half chasing it down to get back on, and now, here I am.

I could do with some cheerleaders too
    👻
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    There is a super supportive group called Larger Losers. Lots of activity and great people. It's a group for people that need to loose a large amount of weight. They are awesome!
  • lalalalovelyth85
    lalalalovelyth85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on and off of this site since 2013. It worked so well when I’ve actually stuck to it. I had some serious health stuff happen in 2015. I can’t stop falling off of the wagon. I want to stick to it this time. Anyone feel free to add me! Looking to give and get motivation 😊