New Here

Options
Hi, y'all --
My name is Sabrina, and I'm new here. Starting Keto, and I'm reading "Simply Keto" by Suzanne Ryan. She recommends joining this community. I've never been part of a group like this, but the weight I've carried over a decade has got to go. So here I am.

Over the years, I've done NutriSystem and OptiVia. But all the while, I kept thinking, "I could make this stuff taste good." I love to cook! So hopefully, living Keto will be the way forward. I'm 57, and I need to care for my body. There's a lot of living to do with my husband, our adult children, my work, and our hobbies.

I look forward to meeting y'all. Let me know your Keto experiences and tips.
Tagged:

Replies

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi & Welcome.

I'm doing low carb/high fat, most similar to 'dirty, lazy keto'. I'm 54.

I like to cook as well. Mostly I just eat meat & veggies, eggs & butter, with some fruit, nuts, and occasionally unsweetened dairy thrown in.

I also like to cook, and once in a while when the regular daily foods feel a little boring and I wanna shake things up I make a low-carb flourless bread, or pizza, or lasagna, and it's very satisfying-- esp. since I'm not going off my plan with it. I know I've hit on something when the carb-eaters in my family like it lol.

Low-carb/high fat has really helped me. Labs are great, blood pressure's down better than when I was 20 so I'm off those meds, and I'm very close to fully reversing my type 2 diabetes (off insulin and most meds; just one left, which was cut in half-- hopefully by the end of the year I'll be off that too).

What I really love about low carb diets, besides how they help with diabetes and inflammation, is that I don't get hunger pangs or cravings anymore, I'm not always looking for snacks or counting the minutes till the next meal.

It's very liberating to be able to just eat to live, rather than feeling like I live to eat.