Anyone doing/recommend this cleanse?

Options
I recently heard of the breast milk cleanse. You ingest nothing but breast milk. It is made of everything your body could possibly need nutrient wise and it makes complete sense to me. Otherwise, how could babies survive on breast milk exclusively for 6 months of their lives, if not longer?

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Would drink your milk :wink:
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I tried. I have problem though...I can't reach my own teet. And I'm opposed to pumping. Any suggestions? I can feel my flabs as we speak from not adhering strictly to the rules!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I tried. I have problem though...I can't reach my own teet. And I'm opposed to pumping. Any suggestions? I can feel my flabs as we speak from not adhering strictly to the rules!
    You can use your nearest milk bank, or find a friend that is breastfeeding and see if they are willing to share. Find out where the NICU's get theirs from, that might be a good source as well.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This is foolish. Everyone knows that the salt water cleanse is strictly superior to the breast milk cleanse! Just look at how great Tom Hanks was during the movie Cast Away. Logic'd.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    This is foolish. Everyone knows that the salt water cleanse is strictly superior to the breast milk cleanse! Just look at how great Tom Hanks was during the movie Cast Away. Logic'd.
    It seems to me that the breast milk cleanse would be superior, especially for women. Think about it: you burn calories breast feeding, so if you are making your own breast milk, then drinking it for it's cleansing abilities, you are winning on so many levels. Double duty weight loss.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that the breast milk cleanse would be superior, especially for women. Think about it: you burn calories breast feeding, so if you are making your own breast milk, then drinking it for it's cleansing abilities, you are winning on so many levels. Double duty weight loss.

mind blown
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You can use your nearest milk bank, or find a friend that is breastfeeding and see if they are willing to share. Find out where the NICU's get theirs from, that might be a good source as well.

Wait...what? But I caaaaaant! I'm strictly allergic to anyone else's milk for various self diagnosed reasons. You just want to see me fail! :huh:
  • InForBacon
    Options

Wait...what? But I caaaaaant! I'm strictly allergic to anyone else's milk for various self diagnosed reasons. You just want to see me fail! :huh:
    I guess you could try formula, but it is far inferior.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Actually this isn't true. If you consume your own breast milk, it will eventually become higher and higher fat percentages. So you will be drinking milk that is very high in fat. So, by drinking milk high in fat, you will become fat. Obviously. Fat makes you fat. everyone knows this.
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't think cleanse routine's are good for you. They are temporary at best and yes a lemon/maple/Pepper/Salt Water flush will work for getting junk out of your body. It's much better to do this through proper nutrition. Milk, Cow, Goat or Human is for babies and rapid fat growth (which babies need). I don't think dairy is a fundamental good part of an adult diet and introduces a lot of over consumption (milk, cheese, yogurt). In moderation it's ok but to use it as a cleanse????? Meat, Vegetables, Fruit, Nuts....Good. Sugar, Grains (bread), Soy, Dairy, Alcohol.....Bad. It's not rocket science. Also if it is packaged and comes in a box, I wouldn't put it in my body.
  • InForBacon
    Options

Actually this isn't true. If you consume your own breast milk, it will eventually become higher and higher fat percentages. So you will be drinking milk that is very high in fat. So, by drinking milk high in fat, you will become fat. Obviously. Fat makes you fat. everyone knows this.
    Impressed by your knowledge of how breast milk works.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I am currently lactating. I shall give this a try and report back.

I think the key is going to be in getting the right foremilk to hindmilk ratio.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    In because I cant' stop laughing. LMAO
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I've heard breast milk is very insulingenic and high on the glycemic index. Babies put on crazy weight when they are on the stuff. Seems like this would hamper your progress more than anything.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I recently heard of the breast milk cleanse. You ingest nothing but breast milk. It is made of everything your body could possibly need nutrient wise and it makes complete sense to me. Otherwise, how could babies survive on breast milk exclusively for 6 months of their lives, if not longer?

I heart your profile pic so, so, so, so, so, so much. :love: :love: :love:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I want youtube videos of people asking new mothers if they can do a cleanse using their breast milk.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Use a straw!

ETA: If that is too difficult, I can extract it for you, and transfer it to your mouth like a mommy and baby bird.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    :sick:

NOPE
  • InForBacon
    Options
    InForBacon wrote: »

Man, what a great idea.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    InForBacon wrote: »

I guess you could try formula, but it is far inferior.

Besides, formula = meal replacement shakes, and that *baby-feline* is like the ultimate highly processed food. Eating highly processed food is obviously not clean eating, so formula can't be a cleanse. Duh.