My story!

Options
Cats_fitness_journey
Cats_fitness_journey Posts: 49 Member
edited October 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
I know I’m probably not as big as most people on here, but I’m on this app to better myself and just be happier overall with my appearance.

For reference, I’m a 5’4 woman. In May 2022 I was at my highest weight of about 155. I decided I wanted to lose weight, and lost 10 pounds without any calorie counting or exercise! I just ate smaller portions.

In September of that year I got a gym membership and started going to the gym 5 times a week. This helped me lose 10 more pounds. By October of that year I weighed 135, and I felt “skinny fat” I decided I wanted to gain more muscle.

So a year goes by and I gained 10 pounds back (up to 145), I think it’s mainly muscle but I got a bit fluffy too. My body fat got up to about 30%. I’ve tried to lose weight and do intermittent fasting but I’ve just had a really hard time.

So I got MyFitnessPal 11 days ago and I’m so impressed!! It helps me keep track of my protein intake and I’ve lost 3 pounds so far. I’ve never felt better losing weight, I don’t feel hungry; it’s amazing I don’t feel like I’m in a deficit. (I think it’s mainly because I include a lot of protein in my meals!)

I’m trying to slowly and steadily cut down to 125 now and keep the muscle I’ve grown. My goal is mainly about aesthetics, I don’t have any underlying health issues, but I do have cholesterol on the higher which is something I’m trying to fix. I need lower my fat intake a bit 😅. But yeah that’s my story!!

Feel free to add me as a friend, I’m always looking for inspiration and motivation to keep going 💪❤️