Here I go again

Options
Reached goal weight in 2018. Cancer treatments 2019 and gained it all back. Starting weight 178 BMI obese. 35 net carbs per day. Down 5 lbs today. Meds - thyroid, cholesterol, estrogen blocker. Age 55+ Hello everyone. We can do this!

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,955 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!
  • voncovenhoven
    voncovenhoven Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi! You’re post resonated with me! I did Keto successfully for two years. I plateaued 4 months in to that 2 years and started at it until I no longer felt healthy. I have a recent neck issue that has resulted in diminished use of my left arm. So pretty much exercise is out, other than walking. So I am going to power into this. Once I drop 30 lbs. I’m going to change my macros to maintain my weight. I would love to have a friend on the journey.
  • Groovy38995
    Groovy38995 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    .4 away from 15#s gone 😳 Day 50.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    .4 away from 15#s gone 😳 Day 50.

Wow, that's nice loss - congratulations!

Somehow I missed seeing your post back in October, or I would've responded. I'm also a cancer survivor, had a similar drug regimen for that, am severely hypothyroid (but properly medicated), lost from class 1 obese to a healthy weight at age 59. I had the high cholesterol, but wasn't medicated for it - losing weight brought mine solidly into the healthy range, and it's been there for nearly 8 years. I'm still in maintenance.

Wishing you continuing success!