Hooters.

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So, this is an honest question because I'm watching undercover boss as I dink around on my computer...

Having never been to a hooters, why go to one?

I know of lots of restaurants with fabulous wings/great food...and amazing beer selection.

Is it really about the attractiveness of the wait staff? Is the service better? Are there any foods there that keep you coming back?

I'm genuinely curious.

Replies

• RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Why NOT go to one? They are a good sports bar, they have pretty good wings (I've gotten take out on more than one occasion) and they have good looking waitresses.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    The one near me does have a seriously hot wait staff but they are also really good at their job.
    Plus it's just fun.

Fun is fun
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I've been a handful of times, nothing special IMHO. The waitresses were not all that attractive, either. Food was mediocre.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    bewbs and short shorts. But, for real, I actually like the wings, the beer is cold and the atmosphere is upbeat and fun.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Why NOT go to one? They are a good sports bar, they have pretty good wings (I've gotten take out on more than one occasion) and they have good looking waitresses.

Well I mean...For me attractive waitresses aren't a reason to go but...I'm a straight woman, so I realize that's a little different than men or women who may be interested in it.

I just never found an occasion to go. There's some pretty awesome restaurants near us...I'm just wondering how the food is/drinks are. I enjoy sports bars, but there's a Ram's Head not far from us and their beer selection is huge and their food is always on pointe.

Just curious how good it is, as there's one right up the street.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    IN
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I kind of agree, they are overrated.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    bewbs and short shorts. But, for real, I actually like the wings, the beer is cold and the atmosphere is upbeat and fun.

It does seem like a fun atmosphere and I totally would buy one of their shirts for bummin' around the house.

I've also been told their wings are good (wings are one of my weaknesses)
  • RunWinterGarden
    Options
    The only one that you can tell you how good the food is at the place is yourself. I am sure I like different things than you do. That being said, I love the buffalo shrimp, the wings with breading, and the curly fries.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It is a decent sports bar with some eyecandy.

Tilted Kilt is better.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Below par food, and every time I have been to one the waitresses were less than attractive. At least they had nice cans. But honestly I prefer a fit, athletic body which is usually accompanied by smaller melons. So for me, no real reason to go. But if you are a huge tit guy, that is basically the only reason to go.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The food blows, its all about the boobs.. Don't let any guy tell you differently. If they dressed people like that at McDonalds; the obesity epidemic in this country would only effect men with a few exceptions...
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I go there for the wings.

Actually, I don't go there, but if I did it would be for the wings.

Nevermind, I remembered those aren't even good.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't go there. It's awkward seeing all the people I used to work with.
  • RunWinterGarden
    Options

Tilted Kilt is better.

Tilted Kilt's food is awful and over priced.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Tilted Kilt is better.

I was talking about the eyecandy.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Wings are alright. It's worth going during their wing specials. Bewbs do little for me. I'm more of legs and butt guy anyways.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I choose to not support businesses that try to profit on marketing women's bodies.....so I have never been to a hooters.

But I find this thread to just be... Odd. What is the point, OP, of posting this? The only way to know if it is "any good" is to go and eat there. It's a frigging restaurant. If you are curious, go try it. If you don't like it, don't go back.

I don't get the big deal here.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've never been the biggest fan of Hooters. The wings have always been a step above mediocre, and the staff are ok.

My fiance and I have been going to The Tilted Kilt or Twin Peaks lately. These 2 'breastaurant's' have great food (much better than Hooters), and the girls are cuter to look at.

For my fiance or course...
  • RunWinterGarden
    Options

Tilted Kilt is better.

I was talking about the eyecandy.

Not in Orlando, but we have a few Hooters that produce a several of the calendar girls each year.