Hooters.

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hooters has disgusting food and the ugliest outfits ever.

ETA: If you need to wear shiny panty hose to hide your cellulite, you probably shouldn't wear those shorts in the first place.

and now with the body shaming....

OP: i didn't say you weren't allowed to ask a question, it just seems odd to me that you come on MFP to ask if it's worth going there when you have one "just down the street" and you are curious if it is any good. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post my thoughts!

Well I certainly wouldn't spend my money on it based on the responses I've gotten...
    It's like reading a review for a restaurant before you go...I don't want to go out to dinner if I find out the food is just "Meh" which seems to be a popular adjective here...

Edited...I didn't body shame anyone...and I certainly didn't mean for this "just a question/curiosity" thread to turn into yet another mean thread. There's enough of those already.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

ETA: If you need to wear shiny panty hose to hide your cellulite, you probably shouldn't wear those shorts in the first place.

OP: i didn't say you weren't allowed to ask a question, it just seems odd to me that you come on MFP to ask if it's worth going there when you have one "just down the street" and you are curious if it is any good. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to post my thoughts!

What a weird statement, you don't ever ask people if a restaurant is good or worth trying?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I went to Hooters once with a boyfriend (he said it was for the wings) and I know the waitresses were just doing their jobs, but as soon as we sat down one of them put a paper napkin in the middle of the table and throughout the whole meal every waitress in the place would come over, make inane small talk with us (sometimes even sitting down with us at the table) and then afterwards stamp the napkin with their unique stamp to prove that they'd visited. It got really annoying. Hooters should offer a "We're really just here for the food" section for people who don't want to be bothered every 5 minutes by bored girls in push-up bras and support hose.

Unrelated note: I always thought someone should do a male version of Hooters. They could call it Peckers and the mascot could be a woodpecker. :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Hot girls in skimpy clothes. But they are usually fun, upbeat servers, and the wings are really good.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Buffalo shrimp. I could care less about the staff, chicks in shorts and tank tops, big deal, and their food really isn't that great, but those buffalo shrimp are awesome.

Rigger
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    you're asking people on a weight loss forum about a place that sells mostly unhealthy food and has women in skimpy outfits. if you wanted an unbiased opinion, this is probably the wrong place.

ALSO hooters is a huge nationwide chain. they all vary greatly in quality.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Meh, I can take it or leave it. If I go, I get the naked wings as there is WAY too much breading on the regular ones for me. The waitresses are generally fairly mediocre, both in looks and service. That being said, it's a decent place to have some cold beer and watch a ball game with a bunch of guys. I'll take my son in there occasionally as that's just a rite of passage for an American male. But I won't be heartbroken if I don't ever eat at Hooters again.

That's the thing...for me if the service is good/great and the food is meh/ok. I might be more inclined to go there than a place where the food is incredible but the service sucks.

Case in point: We went to this restaurant the two of us both LOVE...but once they took our order, they literally forgot about us. They didn't offer us another drink. They didn't come back to see why we didn't get our food. We waited over an hour before we walked out.

A restaurant really needs to have both service and good food...one without the other can be sucky.

Edit: We had been there once or twice previously. We were there for brunch and it was pretty much dead so the service was great. The time I was referring to was busier and they probably shouldn't have seated us...as everyone they seated in the upstairs section didn't get their food for well over 45 minutes-if at all.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I do not understand why some women find it offensive.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I go occasionally because my friends go for happy hour. It is nice to go as a group. We have one waitress who always waits on us. But in my opinion, there are way better wings out there, bars with better beer and far more attractive and smarter women at different restaurants.
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Below par food, and every time I have been to one the waitresses were less than attractive. At least they had nice cans. But honestly I prefer a fit, athletic body which is usually accompanied by smaller melons. So for me, no real reason to go. But if you are a huge tit guy, that is basically the only reason to go.

Melons? More like limes...
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    you're asking people on a weight loss forum about a place that sells mostly unhealthy food and has women in skimpy outfits. if you wanted an unbiased opinion, this is probably the wrong place.

...so far I've gotten lots of responses from people who have gone there...that's what I was looking for so...
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused. I enter a thread titled boobies and it's about birds with blue feet. I enter a thread titled hooters thinking maybe it's about owls and stuff and I get bars, wings and hot waitresses....sigh....:laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    possibly its me frequenting to strip clubs so often but I am kinda immune to the "girls with tight T-shirts" factor of hooters. I know all the hustle. They have decent wings and the service is decent too but I've only been there a handful of times

That being said, I did watched the episode you're talking about and I believe the guy really did believe that he wants an environment where he would let his daughter work and that to me is something that I can respect.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I was always under the impression these waitresses were
    built voluptuous, like busty. A few friends have been to
    our local one and they say the girls are all flat chested.
    I'm sure they are beautiful but I guess I thought the
    look was like CatherineBach of Dukes of Hazard type.
    lol
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

...so far I've gotten lots of responses from people who have gone there...that's what I was looking for so...

not sure how many fit people are going to opt for their fried food, which is what they seem to do best, which was my point about this not being the best pool of previous patrons to ask.

http://www.menuism.com/restaurant-locations/hooters-57468

^ That review site also shows that reviews vary GREATLY depending on location. there are actually hooters restaurants all over the world and they are not all the same. their biggest restaurant isn't even in the US.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    There were three Hooters restaurants within 20 miles of me, but they've all since gone out of business over the last ten years. The one in the Flats actually had pretty good wings, and as mentioned, the shrimp were truly outstanding!

The atmosphere was always fun when I went, and totally unrelated but their (now defunct) airline received exemplary safety ratings.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

What a weird statement, you don't ever ask people if a restaurant is good or worth trying?

usually i ask, ya know, my friends, the locals, people who have been to the location I'm curious about. Not the internets.

and OP: I didn't think you were body shaming. That one woman's comment about cellulite was.... those kind of responses are what I was afraid of when this thread was started....
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

This is a fitness site, and particularly the chit-chat forum. Last I checked it was myFITNESSpal, not myweightlosspal...

Anyway, honestly....the wings at Hooters aren't all that. But they do have good burgers and good sandwiches and the atmosphere is just all around fun. I am straight and I go to Hooter's because I like the food and I enjoy the fun atmosphere. The sexual explotation, while it is present, isn't as bad as people make it out be, imo.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Meh. Women get objectified enough. Hooters is embarrassing for women. I can't imagine a woman who would support such an institution.

I love boobs. But turns out I don't need to pay to stare at them. I am perfectly capable of taking a nice girl home and staring at all of her boobs. Or ya'know. Dating one or whatnot.

And let me tell you, a view of full boobs on a woman who doesn't work at hooters is MUCH better than cleavage from a push-up bra on a girl who doesn't enough of an education NOT to work at Hooters.

Hooters is for sad men who couldn't get laid if they tried.

The comment about the education was a bit naive. I'll admit I worked there in undergrad while getting my degree in economics as did several other girls who were in college with me. I'm not saying everyone was like this but several girls I worked with are now professionals in the financial services industry, lawyers, nurses, work for major league sports, etc. So maybe you should watch those sweeping generalizations going forward.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    possibly its me frequenting to strip clubs so often but I am kinda immune to the "girls with tight T-shirts" factor of hooters. I know all the hustle. They have decent wings and the service is decent too but I've only been there a handful of times

That being said, I did watched the episode you're talking about and I believe the guy really did believe that he wants an environment where he would let his daughter work and that to me is something that I can respect.

don't some strip clubs also have buffets? I mean.... if you're going for the "food".... might as well go to the all you can eat at the strip club.