Garmin Connect Weight Data Not Synced

Options
Hi, I noticed that Garmin Connect Weight Data is Not Synced at least not immediately now, is this happening to everyone?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,130 Member
    Options
    My weight is syncing between Garmin and MFP without any issues. Perhaps it's a local server issue (I'm in Belgium).
  • lindav33
    lindav33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not syncing on my side (the Netherlands) either. The step count from Garmin comes trough, but not the weight. Deinstalling and reinstalling both MFP and Garmin apps (also disconnecting and reconnecting the sync manually) did not work.
    I've got other platforms that get my weight data from Garmin without any problems.
  • lindav33
    lindav33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I now have MFP to pull my weight data from Apple Health. Apple Health & Garmin sync okay.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Has there been a resolution to this? MFP hasn’t synced my weight from Garmin since October 18. No issues with it syncing exercise from Garmin or calories consumed to Garmin. It’s pulling steps from Garmin without issue. It’s just the weight not syncing. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps and that didn’t fix the weight syncing. Help!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,278 Member
    Options
    Have you submitted a support ticket on MFP?

Have you submitted a help request at Garmin?

I would definitely try both of those.

I enter my weight on MFP, and it does sync to my Garmin device. I haven't tried to do it the other way.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I did enter a support ticket with MFP, they haven’t responded yet. I’ll try Garmin too - good idea.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Be patient. It sometimes takes MFP staff a while to get to tickets if there's backlog. They always seem to get around to them. Sometimes they still don't solve the problem right away, but so far they always have eventually for me.
  • gregmcc
    gregmcc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Came here to report the same issue. Not synced since the 18th either. Weight is updating on Garmin, but not syncing to MFP
  • Tamidolan
    Tamidolan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue since the 18th. I've also disconnected both programs, uninstalled and reinstalled MFP and relinked. Still not syncing my weight. After the reinstall, the MFP app on my Android phone now only shows the last 3 days of my step count. However, if I login on the web, my steps for several years are there.
  • gregmcc
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Still broken and no update :(
    I've logged a ticket with MFP and Garmin
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    It really amazes me sometimes how much I've come to rely on modern technology in my daily life. It's often when something is temporarily not working that I really notice.

I guess all you can do is be patient. Look out for e-mail alerts that your ticket is closed. Reply to those to keep the ticket open and that will keep it on the front burner, perhaps.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,189 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    It really amazes me sometimes how much I've come to rely on modern technology in my daily life. It's often when something is temporarily not working that I really notice.

A (somewhat disgraced) American comedian, Louis C.K., had a great bit how very mild inconveniences can distract us from the fact that we have stunning amazing brilliant tools and technologies available to us. It's pretty funny.

But my pain is real when MFP won't sync correctly for a few days. I hear you.
  • markpartridge212
    Options
    I logged this with myfitnesspal and they did respond to me with a suggestion to manually input my weight in Garmin connect and test as I usually sync my weight to Garmin connect via my Index S2 scale. The manual inputed weight syncd fine. I have submitted a ticket to Garmin as per Myfitnesspal supports suggestion but no response.
  • gregmcc
    Options
    Also got a response from MFP And they said it's a Garmin issue. Logged a ticket with Garmin and as usual no response.

Best would be for everyone to log a ticket with Garmin and eventually they might fox it.

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,130 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I logged this with myfitnesspal and they did respond to me with a suggestion to manually input my weight in Garmin connect and test as I usually sync my weight to Garmin connect via my Index S2 scale. The manual inputed weight syncd fine. I have submitted a ticket to Garmin as per Myfitnesspal supports suggestion but no response.

I wonder if that's the case for all others on this thread having trouble? I always input manually in Garmin Connect and haven't had any issues.
  • gapsna
    gapsna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

I wonder if that's the case for all others on this thread having trouble? I always input manually in Garmin Connect and haven't had any issues.

yup, I'm having the same issue since the end of October.
    Manual entry went through. But Data from my Index Scale didnt. Trainingpeaks is getting the data without issues.
    MFP said it's garmins issue. Garmin has not replied
  • gregmcc
    Options
    I logged a case with Garmin and as usual their response is pathetic. They do not support 3rd party products.

Looks like this is never going to get fixed. I think the only way is for everyone to log a ticket with Garmin and maybe they will finally wake up.
  • gapsna
    Options
    Garmin replied to my ticket:
    Try disconnecting and reconnecting on a specific order.
    If that doesn't work, I should contact MFP.
    Garmin also said they don't see any third party server issues at the time

MFP said that since the manual entry is working, then it's Garmins problem...
  • gapsna
    Options
    update from Garmin:
    Good morning. I have had our team look further into this for you, and I do see that we now have a recent open ticket regarding this issue and are investigating further.

I have added you to this ticket and we will be reaching out if further information is needed as we investigate.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

Patrick
    Product Support
    Garmin International
  • gregmcc
    Options
    Good to hear you got some positive response from Garmin.

I logged another ticket and got:
    You would need to speak with Myfitnesspal as they are a 3rd party company. We wont be able to advise any further.