40 pounds in 4 months: the end of the year challenge!

Options

Replies

• djenkins0813
    Options
    I am in.... though I am not sure I will meet it. I have a unique challenge of insulin that makes weight loss harder.... I have committed myself to exercising everyday for the last few weeks and I feel great!
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Idk if I can make 40, but I will strive to at least lose 30 until the end of the year, that would be awesome!!!!
  • rescue804
    Options
    Please count me in!
  • LeeKeplar
    LeeKeplar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. My neice is getting married the end of December and sure would like to have some weight off by them. Hope its not to late to join.
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the group has been created yet? I can't find it in the group forum section. And if it's private (if that even exists on here- idk if it does or not) I haven't received an invite yet.
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! The responses are OVERWHELMING!!! (In a GOOD way!)

'So happy to see I'm not the only one interested in giving this year a SWIFT kick in the rear and showing 2013 that even a the end of a race... success is possible!

To all who are interested: Please DM or message me! I will try to go through one by one... but I may forget someone. SO, If you don't hear from me by Tomorrow, let me know.

Be patient though I have a lot of paperwork to do tonight AND I have to do some yardwork, exercise, and hang out with friends. LOL I HAVE to hang out with friends? Um... yep! lol Working on productively managing my stress... socializing helps me.

YAY!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Cheers to a GREAT GROUP! Water cheers or light martinis... whatever you like!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    CLARIFICATION::: THE GROUP DOES EXIST AND IT IS PRIVATE!

Not yelling just hoping everyone SEES this message! I only expected 5-8 ppl to even be interested LOL. I will invite you all one on one. I made it private so people could feel FREE to be HONEST about their reasons for weight loss. Also, I want it to be a safe zone where IF you screw up... you will feel that it is OK to admit it. Otherwise, we won't reach our goals.

It never pays to lie to ourselves or others... especially when it comes to calories LOL :-D
  • Denisse210
    Denisse210 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A 1250 calorie deficit per day is pretty aggressive IMO. That's why I called it aggresive because I actually did the math. A deficit of over 1000 calories per day is not recommended by MFP.

:noway: Its actually very easy! my tdee is 2200, my daily goal is 1600 and i work out to average 500 cals burned a day. easy 1000 deficit and im NOT starving at a 1200 goal like most people.

any who, IM IN!!!:bigsmile:
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! Will we need to buy any equipment? I don't have a whole lot of weights, kind of needed for strength training. :)
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    A 1250 calorie deficit per day is pretty aggressive IMO. That's why I called it aggresive because I actually did the math. A deficit of over 1000 calories per day is not recommended by MFP.
    G'bye Negative Nancy. You already expressed your opinion, now scoot.

Win.

And I would so love an invite! My goal is 7lbs from Onederland (-30) by the time I go to visit family at the end of November, so -40 in four months is right on track!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    in RE: to kokorae
    Joined Jan 2012
    September 04, 2013 3:14 pm
    I'm in too!! Will we need to buy any equipment? I don't have a whole lot of weights, kind of needed for strength training. :)

Hey!!

Happy you want to join! I don't have much weight equipment at home. 5 lb weights, 5/10 lb kettlebells... but I have PLENTY body weight and a gym membership. I don't think you need to run out and purchase weights unless you want to.

If you do want to... Ross/TJmaxx/ and places like that have GREAT sales on weights, yoga mats, and fitness equipment.
  • gonabfit
    Options
    I'm working my way through the list... so if I haven't gotten to you yet, you can either DM me OR give me until tomorrow! Doing it as quickly as I can :-D Oh and try to join when you get the invite so I can see if I'm doing it right! lol. I have about 22 ppl so far... seems like there are way more than that. Oh and SORRY if I invite you more than once. I don't know what I'm doing :laugh: :laugh:

Also, you don't HAVE to lose 40 lbs~ I jokingly told someone that I am going to have to make a PSA that I am NOT a dictator of the calorie police!! lol If you want to aim for 10 pounds and you feel like that is pushing yourself, by all means GO FOR IT!

Any loss (as long as it's healthy) is a SUCCESS in my book... and of course we want to MAINTAIN!
  • sanleelab
    Options
    I'm interested to join but I just started MFP yesterday and not sure where to start. Food tracking will be no problem fitness on the other hand just might be. Might need some help on what to do.
  • WritePaintDance
    WritePaintDance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I'm trying to lose weight by Christmas so this would fit right in.:happy:
  • gonabfit
    Options
    I'm interested to join but I just started MFP yesterday and not sure where to start. Food tracking will be no problem fitness on the other hand just might be. Might need some help on what to do.

Well I'm GREAT at fitness and need help with nutrition and planning meals ahead. See... your strength is my weakness and vs. versa.

Join on in! Worse thing that'll happen??? You won't make your goal. No biggie. You can always try again!
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm in a weight loss challenge at work, currently 200 bucks on the line! So I'm in

Plus I HAVE to lose 30lbs by the end of the year for my next round of blood work - so yeah, def in!

BUTTTTTTTT will it be a group where folks will actually call each other out (IN A POLITE MANNER) if someone isn't weighing weekly, help keep others motivated etc?
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I actually thought I posted this yesterday, but it turns out that I did not! I am on a mission to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year... That sounds like a lot but is actually still a reasonable goal in that we have ~ 4 months until the years end.

That equates to about 10 pounds a month though I don't think weight loss is linear.

I'm looking for 5-10 people who would like to join me on this challenge! If there are more, that's AWESOME.. but I just want to get a group of committed people and then I will make a "group" and we can post there privately so we won't have to hold back.

I am looking to lose inches AND pounds and build muscle along the way. I am an exercise-aholic and will continue to work my cardio (running, spinning, kickboxing, dancing) BUT a lot of my focus will be on EATING BETTER and strength training as well. I already know how to do cardio intensely.

Please respond if you are interested and put your goals in your message!

I'm 28, a doctor, in residency working about 80 hours a week. I'm busy as H*ll and have dedicated my life to helping other but I am MAKING MYSELF A PRIORITY and doing this for me.

Hope to get a good group of people to reach our goals together! :=D

I am in the challenge! its my goal to get it off by November 24th! Good luck to you!
  • smkyle1
    smkyle1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds fabulous! I think a good challenge is just what I need to get me moving like I should!
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options

:noway: Its actually very easy! my tdee is 2200, my daily goal is 1600 and i work out to average 500 cals burned a day. easy 1000 deficit and im NOT starving at a 1200 goal like most people.

any who, IM IN!!!:bigsmile:

Your TDEE already includes exercise calories so by eating 1600 your deficit is 600 not 600+500 more.

Any who good luck everyone.
  • crazycatladycali
    Options
    I am game - please count me in. If you can work 80 hours a week. I have more than enough time to exercise and quite making excuses. Just get out there and do it. I would like to lose 17 pounds by the end of the year. That is one pound a week. I can do this and I have got this!