40 pounds in 4 months: the end of the year challenge!

Options

Replies

• crazycatladycali
    Options
    How do we join? :smooched:
  • Denisse210
    Denisse210 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A 1250 calorie deficit per day is pretty aggressive IMO. That's why I called it aggresive because I actually did the math. A deficit of over 1000 calories per day is not recommended by MFP.

:noway: Its actually very easy! my tdee is 2200, my daily goal is 1600 and i work out to average 500 cals burned a day. easy 1000 deficit and im NOT starving at a 1200 goal like most people.

any who, IM IN!!!:bigsmile:

Your TDEE already includes exercise calories so by eating 1600 your deficit is 600 not 600+500 more.

Any who good luck everyone.

my TDEE was taken at SEDENTARY hun, so move along mr know it all
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    A 1250 calorie deficit per day is pretty aggressive IMO. That's why I called it aggresive because I actually did the math. A deficit of over 1000 calories per day is not recommended by MFP.

:noway: Its actually very easy! my tdee is 2200, my daily goal is 1600 and i work out to average 500 cals burned a day. easy 1000 deficit and im NOT starving at a 1200 goal like most people.

Your TDEE already includes exercise calories so by eating 1600 your deficit is 600 not 600+500 more.

I'm not claiming to know it all was trying to offer advise but it seems you know what your doing so no problem.
  • love1pink
    Options
    Count me in, I would LOVE to join! This is the goal that I am reaching for! :happy:
  • HefferSprint
    HefferSprint Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That's my goal too, I'm in!!
  • kgbsn80
    Options
    2 months ago this was my goal! have no idea what the scale say now that Im on a healthy lifestyle journey with no scale attached ,this would definitely keep me focused and looking forward to weighing in the new year. Im Down!
  • TiaXL
    TiaXL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It is doable! I am in...
  • sseed12
    Options
    first post! please count me in. thanks for doing this.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    that will do me..i need a bit of competition to get me back on track , plus if i do lose it in that time ive seen a gorgeous dress perfect for new year partying ;)
  • oO_sarah_Oo
    Options
    count me in :)
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    How do we join? :smooched:

I will add you to the group! yay!!!
  • gonabfit
    Options

I'm not claiming to know it all was trying to offer advise but it seems you know what your doing so no problem.

Not sure why so many nay sayers? What is the HARM in aiming for a big goal and trying your best. I mean if you don't reach the goal.. you don't reach the goal!

Sheesh. People are so negative. And generally speaking, unsolicited advise is rarely appreciated.

anyway... this is why the group will be private. We are all entitled to our opinions and opinions generally don't bother me but this isn't a MANDATORY challenge... if you don't like it, you don't have to do it :)

If you do like it and want to aim for 5 lbs... do that. At the end of the day... it's your life. We all are here for a common goal and all trying our best to get there.
  • gonabfit
    Options
    There is already a group of us doing the same challenge, the group is labeled "New Year New You: 40LB Weight Loss Challenge", if you want to just join that group, I am sure it will be fine, instead of having several groups doing the same thing

Good luck to you all

oops. Didn't know there was another group doing the same thing... If you guys wanna do that group it's cool! I'm gonna keep doing this one... but that's awesome that there are many challenges.

I started this one to have a few ppl join me in reaching my goals... didn't expect so many and definitely not trying to take away from other groups lol... not that serious to me :)
  • jerseymack23
    jerseymack23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Done.

I went through the list one by one and added each person I saw. I know some ppl got two invites, sorry!

If anyone was left out DM me directly if you have not gotten an invite. I think I will close the group tomorrow so we can get going and stay focused. LOL

Best of luck to everyone !!!
  • 96Angeline
    Options
    I'll do it! Sign me up!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am sure I wont lose that much but its worth a try so count me in to give it a try
  • AngelaAwesome97
    AngelaAwesome97 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I would LOVE to lose 40lbs by the end of the year! and that would mean i would only have 10lbs left to lose at the beginning of 2014 :) this is just what i need to get me focused again, too- the past week, or week and a half i've been eating too much like every day :/ thankfully not enough to gain anything, just make it where i'm not losing

48293765.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Those of us who have been here a long time have seen these unrealistic challenges come and go. The people who jump on board are nearly always the same people who keep having to start over, time and time again. Far better to set a modest plan and stay with it. That 4.5 pounds a month that I lost for about a year? It's still gone nearly a year later.
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join please! I need to lose it!!