Any B^da$$ Women who lift, Tough Mudders, Class clowns?

Options
Hi. :)

I've been here since Jan 2012, but I'm back with a new username, looking for a fresh start. I want to surround myself with strong, fun, positive people who challenge themselves and challenge me. I actually don't care if you lift weights or not, I just want to be around good energy and no excuses. And honestly, even if you're a big, lazy, whiny baby, as long as you're funny...you're perfect. :)

I lift weights 6x a week, and am currently preparing for my first 12-mile Tough Mudder event in October. I'm hoping that this will be the first of many adventure races for me, and I am freakishly, stupidly excited to get through this first one :)

Anyway, suddenly I feel like a 2nd-grader on the first day of school, but here goes nothin'... wanna be friends?? :drinker:

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Do you even lift?
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    You, I like you....
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    Do you even lift?

Ha

Ha

Ha....

I only do the "big 3 lifts"...my fork, my lipstick, and my middle finger...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Pick me pick me. I like picking up heavy things and I like to think I'm funny.

Also staring at your legs makes me want to get up and be less lazy today.
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    You, I like you....

Back atcha beautiful! :)
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    Pick me pick me. I like picking up heavy things and I like to think I'm funny.

Also staring at your legs makes me want to get up and be less lazy today.

\0/

THANKS!!
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I lift and I've done a Tough Mudder, but I have no sense of humor whatsoever.

None.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

None.

True story
  • _liftnlove
    Options

None.

Well that just friggin sucks, because I have a thing for melancholy, unfunny, hot, strong chicks with bloody foot wounds!!!!! FTW!!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm a big whiny baby. I'm not very funny. But I can make a tough mudder in my diaper.

adult-baby-thumb-350x231-18397.jpg
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    June 10th 2012 was my first Mudder and haven't tried another since. It was a cold overcast Sunday, 40 degrees with a windchill in the 30s. It was in Vail, CO and was hell. It began at over 9,000ft elevation and went up to 11,500. I was not dressed appropriately and got hypothermia along with my wife and many others. Of course the day before on the Saturday's course my friends enjoyed a 70 degree day. That is Colorado for you. I'm doing a half-marathon in October. Good luck with your Mudder!
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    June 10th 2012 was my first Mudder and haven't tried another since. It was a cold overcast Sunday, 40 degrees with a windchill in the 30s. It was in Vail, CO and was hell. It began at over 9,000ft elevation and went up to 11,500. I was not dressed appropriately and got hypothermia along with my wife and many others. Of course the day before on the Saturday's course my friends enjoyed a 70 degree day. That is Colorado for you. I'm doing a half-marathon in October. Good luck with your Mudder!

HOLY GEEZ!!!! That's HELLISH!! Mine's in Texas in October, so I know for sure it won't be nearly that horrific!!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm....close! I lift my vodka, tequila and my middle finger at anyone who tries to take them away from me!

Best of luck in Texas, sounds like a helluvva good time!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've done a Tough Mudder (Mt. Snow, VT in May 2011 - there was still snow on parts of the mountain and all of the water obstacles were still in the 30's). And I lift. I don't participate in most of the shenanigans around here, but I'm always in for the gifs.
  • WhoDat5o4
    WhoDat5o4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Broke my ankle in May doing Tough Mudder. Over three months later still can't run. My lesson learned: think real hard before doing anything that requires you to sign a death waiver. That piece of paper absolves them from any liability for any injuries suffered due to their ****ty, irresponsibly set up obstacle course.

Dear TM: if you are going to have me jump in water that appears to be waist deep but is actually shin deep, at least have the common courtesy to clear the **** out of it before I jump in the MFer. my foot got caught up in a gnarled tree root and my ankle snapped.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I lift and I'm fluent in sarcasm.

And your bod is hawt.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I been lifting 6 days a week, but will be changing the split. I'm a goof. Feel free to add.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Dem thighs.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just read your profile.

I like you already.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Relatively new to lifting, but I'm loving it :drinker:

Haven't done a Tough Mudder yet...bf is doing one next month, and I wish I could go, but financially not a smart move right now. Next year!

Humour though...I dunno about that one. :tongue: