Losing weight, and chronic pain

Options
pugpaws
pugpaws Posts: 12 Member
The most difficult thing for me was trying to lose weight when I have so much pain and cannot work out. In April somebody took a picture of me and I looked so terrible that I thought – wow I really have to do something. That began my journey to figure out how to slowly change my diet permanently and I started watching videos of people who had lost weight and how they did it to give me inspiration.
April is when I remember specifically beginning make changes. Because I have chronic pain and it is so difficult for me to work out, I found out that a 30 minute walk every single day even if it’s a slow walk does make a huge difference on your body. Apparently it helps with lowering our cortisol levels, helps us with sleeping, helps with lowering our insulin and so many other things which are essential to losing weight. It is now November 4 and I recently posted this picture to my Facebook account last month And have to say I’m really proud of myself. At the point this picture was taken I had lost approximately 34 pounds, and as of today November 4 one month later I have lost 42 pounds, so I continue my journey.
To anyone out there who is struggling, NEVER GIVE UP-I am 62 years old and thought I would never lose the weight.
I’m showing the picture of the two side-by-side‘s even though the first picture is not the heaviest I was but I don’t really have any pictures standing which are easily compared so I will take these two side by side. As of today, November 4, I have lost another 7 pounds since that picture and I have now lost 42 pounds.
I am so excited and hopefully this will be a permanent weight loss experience and journey!

If anyone is looking for accountability buddies on MyFitnessPal please feel free to send me a friend request – I’m not really sure how to send friend requests on here but I am looking for other people in the same situation.z8gg5stbxa6k.jpeg

Replies

• guaymarlene8
    guaymarlene8 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Great job, losing weight myself, slowly started 20 days ago down 5 lbs. I too suffer with chronic pain but I use the gym for aqua fit exercises 2 times per week and walk indoors 30 minutes everyday, It all adds up. Best of luck on your journey.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congratulations!
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    You look like you're feeling much better and more confident now! Great work!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Well done, you are really doing it :))
    (I started in April too)
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! you look so happy!
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thank you for sharing!!! My physical therapist said losing weight would help with my pain from an old injury too, so seeing your story is very inspiring!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats and keep going as long as you want and need to reach your goal. You look fantastic already!
  • Sparkuvu
    Sparkuvu Posts: 2,566 Member
    Options
    Impressive victory!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look younger.. and you've figured out what works for you. WTG!
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is super inspiring! Thank you for sharing! I'm sure there are a lot of us with chronic pain issues that are hoping they will diminish by shedding al those extra pounds we're carrying around.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,084 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look AMAZING!! Are you looking for support and a WOOHOO as you continue your journey? I am a leader on the 2024 Winter 5% Challenge. Your exercise is excellent (I started at 10 mins 3 times a week, I had used a power chair 97% of the time) I've lost 114 lbs my pain level is so much lower!! It'll never go away, but it's easier by far. You are an inspiration!! Please check us out, we'd love to have you with us and this invites goes for ALL who see it. It does run for 10 weeks, we report our exercise (for anyone reading this it does not matter if exercise is a struggle and you can do very little , stretches we'll encourage those of you who are as I was, for others who are able to exercise easily up to 120 minutes a day you can report it to your team, and we also work on 2 healthy habits (These are essential to our having success long term). Here's the link to the 2024 Winter 5% Challenge

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/145715-2024-winter-5-community-team-plz-join-us

TY TY TY for posting this, giving hope to others is terrific.
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. All of these comments are so encouraging. I had lost a lot of weight and my pain had diminished greatly and I felt great. Then I lost my father in law, hysterectomy surgery and then lost my Dad all within 6 months. I put all the weight I lost back on. I have been trying for a year to get it back off. I have been with MFP for years and things struggle to click. I know I need to get back on track and get the weight back off. I hurt everyday again. I am 52. Some days I feel like I am a young kid. Other days I feel ancient. I have been apart of MFP for years. I feel discouraged at times. This has been very encouraging!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!