Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Add salt as an option in nutrition info or salt to sodium converter

Options
triggerhappyguy
triggerhappyguy Posts: 2 Member
Hi all. I saw an old post discussing adding salt to the nutrition info, from a few years ago. It wasn't in the feature forum, and I couldn't find another recent post discussing the matter.

In the UK, most things are labelled with salt content, not sodium. I've found that this leads to a lot of incorrect entries for food, as people are entering the salt as sodium.

I think it would be great if there was a feature to just enter the salt content, and have the app convert it to sodium. It would save a lot of time, as I'm having to add new entries, whilst having to convert the salt to sodium for each. I think it would be a good quality of life improvement. Cheers.
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 730 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thanks for the great insight and suggestion involving the ability to track salt instead of sodium in our program. This is something we hope to add in the future and I will share your feedback with our team.
  • triggerhappyguy
    triggerhappyguy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Thanks for the great insight and suggestion involving the ability to track salt instead of sodium in our program. This is something we hope to add in the future and I will share your feedback with our team.

Thanks for your reply! I look forward to it. 😊