Need help gaining weight!

Options
Hey everybody!

I’m 6’3 & roughly 185-190, my weight goes up and down & stays in that range. For work I do landscaping that requires some heavy lifting. I eat every meal of the day. I am trying to gain weight but it seems like for whatever reason I can’t get past 190. During peak COVID, I was about 200 but it dropped back down. Does anyone have tips? I do plan on going to the gym starting December, hopefully.
Tagged:

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    tvnjsph wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

I’m 6’3 & roughly 185-190, my weight goes up and down & stays in that range. For work I do landscaping that requires some heavy lifting. I eat every meal of the day. I am trying to gain weight but it seems like for whatever reason I can’t get past 190. During peak COVID, I was about 200 but it dropped back down. Does anyone have tips? I do plan on going to the gym starting December, hopefully.

To gain weight, you're probably going to have to eat when you're not hungry. Add in 1 more small meal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating right now? If you're pretty much maintaining around 190, just eat more calories than you're currently eating by 250-500. I used to do landscape construction and had to eat a lot just to maintain weight...I had to pretty much eat when I wasn't hungry to put on weight, though adding more calorie dense foods with less volume helped a lot...things like peanut butter and whatnot that are high in calories for not very much actual volume of food.
  • ayanahmed182002
    ayanahmed182002 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating right now? If you're pretty much maintaining around 190, just eat more calories than you're currently eating by 250-500. I used to do landscape construction and had to eat a lot just to maintain weight...I had to pretty much eat when I wasn't hungry to put on weight, though adding more calorie dense foods with less volume helped a lot...things like peanut butter and whatnot that are high in calories for not very much actual volume of food.

• patmann202020
    patmann202020 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    -Track every single thing you eat in this app.
    -Use a TDEE calculator to determine how many cals you should be consuming pertaining to different goals. (https://www.calculator.net/tdee-calculator.html)
    -Creatine everyday
    -EAT EAT EAT. Eat when you know you should, not just when you're hungry
    -Heavy protein shake as soon as you wake up, and chug one right before bed. So easy to get extra calories in this way when your not hungry. Liquid is a lot easier to get down when full

Ive gained 12lbs the past 3 months. I was stuck for years. My mindset has changed to realized that the gym is the easy part, in the kitchen is the hard part. Once you realize this, success comes easy. And once you get that first few pounds gained, its so much easier to keep going and ramp it up