Hello 👋

Options
Hello, I'm new here and a fitness newbie, hopefully I'm not too old for the group I'm 6o years of age, open for constructive advice and discussion 😅
Does anyone here have lipoedema? Would like to support and be supported by other members.
Have a great day 😀

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

You're not too old. There are a bunch of people here over 60, at all stages of weight loss and fitness. You can "meet" some of them in this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up

Don't be dismayed if you open that up and see old posts. Like any long-running thread here, the new posts are at the end, on the high-numbered pages. You can jump straight there with the page-number/arrow links near the bottom of the page.

I'm 68 week after next, joined MFP midway through age 59, lost from class 1 obese to a healthy weight in just under a year, and have been maintaining a healthy weight for 7+ years since. I'm not special, rather just a hedonistic aging hippie type with a limited willpower budget, so I'm confident you can do it, too. I'm also pretty active, reasonably fit for our age, but I started being routinely active somewhat longer ago, in my late 40s after the whole nine yards of breast cancer and its treatment.

Wishing you success - the improved quality of life is worth it!