I can’t believe it works!

Options
So I’ve been consistently logging for over a week now, and I can’t believe it works! I’m down 6lbs so far. I’ve tried a lot of restrictive dieting in the past, for example extended juice fasts to lose weight since nothing else seemed to work. It’s nice to know that I can still enjoy the foods I like and lose weight as long as I do a bit of portion control!

Replies

• daygirl5000
    daygirl5000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO....... :D
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually log all week and not on the weekends but I do eat pretty much the same things. It has helps me because I thought I was eating enough and I wasn't. And it helps you take a hard look at where your calories are coming from. So happy that it helps you, just keep going even if you have an off day....good luck!
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring. Thank you for the post, it has inspired me to start again.
  • TeresaWJ
    TeresaWJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, MFP is a wonderful tool. No matter your weight or age, MFP can help you reach your goals. I'm 72 years old and living proof that MFP works. I started using MFP 15 years ago, and that first two years, lost 75 pounds just limiting calories. Then I stopped using MFP and within a few years, had gained most of it back. Started back 2 years ago and have lost 40 pounds. Slow and steady. This time around, though, I had to put my focus on lower carb maintenance, due to pre-diabetes. IT WORKS !!! Brought my A1c down from 7.9 to 5.6 in 6 months. Also dropped 15 pounds in that time. Doctor was amazed. Like many others, when I first started using MFP, I laughed at the "if every day were like today" predictions, then cried true tears of joy when those predictions came true. And like many others have said, logging teaches me values for foods, which helps me make better choices. Logging is like "putting it in writing" which also helps keep me honest. It's a thing in my family -- if anyone wants to know a food value, they just say "Ask TJ, she'll know." Keep up the good work!! Glad you found MFP.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!